Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2005, 16:48   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

A note of things to come

To start with, Toyota is NOT coming out with a 3.5L engine, but instead a 3.0V6 to replace the 3.0 inline6, and will produce 245 hp instead of the 6's 215-220hp. This is CONFIRMED because the 2006 Lexus GS 300 is coming with is engine along with the 2005/6 Toyota Crown. This new V6 will replace all engines in the Toyota/Lexus stable which are rear-wheel drive and are using the current 3.0L inline 6.
Other previous (or still) vehicles with the OLD 3.0L V6 are being replaced by the new 3.3L V6, such as the Lexus ES 330, Lexus RX330 and the Toyota Sienna. The 3.3L V6 will replace the 3.0LV6 vehicles that are front-wheel drive. And the new 3.0L V6 (245hp) will replace 3.0L inline6 vehicles that are rear-wheel drive.

Also, higher output vehicles are also probable for Toyota vehicles and certain for Lexus vehicles. This is because Lexus is confirmed to come out with a division similar to AMG from MB to compete with European supertuned cars. However, Lexus might not choose the familiar route of turbo/superchargers but use hybrid systems which can produce similar results but with lower fuel economy. This is why Toyota might also come out with SOME high performance vehicles.
Old 16th March 2005, 18:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

huh! What is this in context with? Looks more like a review of the American market than India.

Any relevance to us here nitroxx?
Old 16th March 2005, 19:55   #3
BANNED

wassup with that....

these things wud come or not com but it does not affect me anyways

so i will second Rtech on that nitroxx

this is the Indian market dude

Forget the Lexus

lets see how the Toyota Innova does first
Old 16th March 2005, 20:41   #4
BHPian

I think toyota will try to leverage their formula 1 experience. not that they are winning a lot of races but IMHO they might very well suceed in building a proper supercar.

This decision to come up with a dedicated high performance division is the first step towards that i think.
Old 17th March 2005, 20:04   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sorry guys,didnt post the first page on my file,well its in reference to toyota's engineering division and plans they have in the future n the innova sucked bigtime no offence to anyone i guess its about time we start getting in tune with the international market and not make ourselves feel like we are lacking..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks