Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2005, 20:23   #1
BHPian

Whats the best thing about your city??

I think we have quite a few people from different cities....so just starting a thread to know ...

what you think is the best thing about the city you are living in currently?
Old 16th March 2005, 20:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hubli - Native Place

What i like about it :
1. It's a relatively small place where everything i'd want, is within 5 kms from my house.

2. It maynot have hi fi restaurants like McDonalds, KFC n all but hey, i've been in Blore for 3 years now and i could count the number of times ive been to such places, on one hand. What matters is that it has everything i use or need on a daily basis.

3. Smaller city means easy access to those gorgeous roads out of town. There's the Hubli-Ankola road, Hubli-Dharwar bypass, Hubli- Bijapur road, to name a few.

4. Friends, family and pets. Hehe

5. And finally, my car!!!

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 16th March 2005 at 20:47.
Old 16th March 2005, 21:02   #3
BHPian

I am from tirupur and some the best things about it...

1. Never say die attitude of people in the town.

The place is roughly 15 sq kms big. There is hardly any water, very hot and humid climate. Land locked nearest harbours are 500 kms away. But still the place contributes to about 75% of India's textile exports. It contributes to about 7% of India's total revenues from exports. (figures may not be exact)

2. Proximity to Kerela and Ooty. God's own country is just 50 Kms away and the drive is truly rewarding.

3. Very friendly people. You would in evitably know every 4th or 5th person you meet.

4. Cons - very very very hot, terrible roads, a bit of traffic problems every now and then but definitely better than bangalore

Coimbatore where i currently live

Its got almost a bangalore like climate. Good roads, no traffic jams except during festival seasons esp. diwali.

You get to see NK often.

Motorsports hub. Get to see lots of action.

Last edited by Harrie : 16th March 2005 at 21:07.
Old 16th March 2005, 21:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

the best thing about mumbai is that its 1000kms away from my native place -mangalore.so that means 1000kms of fun along the mumbai-pune expressway,the Nh4 ,the ankola road and the Nh17.
mumbai is also good because its got the superb NH17 on one side,the pune expressway on the other ,the nasik road on one side and the superb ahmedabad road on the other.
if at all one cannot go on these roads,we can just blast along the 6 lane easten express highway.

that is why mumbai is the best.

but i feel bangalore guys are more lucky as they have the Nh48,the mumbai Nh4,the hyderabad road,the chennai NH4,the coimbotore road and the list goes on.........
Old 16th March 2005, 21:46   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the best part abt the city is its FE, specially in NHC gives grr8 mileage sad joke but anyways

For me Bombay is the BEST CITY IN THE WORLD, i dont think i would like to settledown and live my entire life in anyother city. There is just so much postive vibe in bombay that its hard to point out which part of this city is the best. Marine Drive probably would be the best pick as my fav part of bombay but then again there r several other parts that i love.
Old 17th March 2005, 00:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

best thing about cal will probably be the club culture..
lots of clubs here where u can go swimming etc
they'r all packed in summer.. good scene
Old 17th March 2005, 01:11   #7
BANNED

Me..

well well well i live in bombay............but im from goa ,
so its surely not about pasta or poha ,
So whether im here or whether im there ,
both can leave you equally fried and square ,
decide yourself what is best ,
coz none of these places can let anyone rest.

Last edited by vance0712 : 17th March 2005 at 01:14.
Old 17th March 2005, 11:51   #8
BHPian

Does anybody really need an explanation why Mumbai is the best and whats so great in it???
Old 17th March 2005, 20:30   #9
Team-BHP Support

I don't like Mumbai like I used to in my college days - The roads are horrible, all the government departments are unsatisfactory, the smell, polution, garbage, traffic jams, etc. are very annoying and I feel the rule that makes pubs / discotheques shut down at 1.30 really sucks.
Still, there are some things that I do love about this city. Here's a little list of them.
1. We have some really cool water fronts - Gateway of India, Marine Drive, Worli Seaface, etc.
2. Next, this is the city where all the people with the big bucks reside. That means we get to see the best cars in India.
3. Another thing, go out at any time of the night and there are cars moving around. So, you never feel "alone".
4. The airports - both international and domestic.
5. The Taj and Oberoi (now Hilton) hotels.
6. Best of all, this is the very city in which Team-bhp originated - lots of friends.
Old 18th March 2005, 09:54   #10
BHPian

"God's Own Country" - self explainatory...
Anyways here goes..

Cochin (I work here)
1. Beaches, a couple of good ones.
2. Place to see the best cars around in Kerala
3. Some good stretches of roads on the outskirts that can be a driver's paradise
4. Airport, Shipyard
5. Jewish sinagouge and some sood historic places
6. Boat rides
7. Very soon going to be a major IT hub as Dubai internet City is coming here.
8. Real good place for business

Cons: Pollution, traffic, roads within city is bad, public transport buses with reckless drivers, autodrivers ... Thats bout it..

Palghat (My parents and home)Live 40km away from Palghat
1. Lots of greenary
2. Amazing rivers
3. Silent Valley(1 of the most beautyful places i'v seen) is 40km away from my home
4. Its more of a village

Cons: can get real hot during summers..

Kanjirapally, Kottayam (My actual native)
1. Land of rubber plantations
2. Some really beautiful gals of rich parents
3. Green green everywhere
4. Short distance to some of the most beautiful places in Kereal like munnar, thekkady etc

Cons: No hep places, but if u'r there, u wont feel the need for any.

Thats about it.. Just love it here in Kerala..
Old 18th March 2005, 11:15   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
"2. Some really beautiful gals of rich parents
3. ..
Believe me - they know how to raid the designer shops in Bangalore - All they do is attend weddings, funerals, prayer meetings, etc so they need the "professional attire to do this " and they rarely wear the same thing twice except to do household stuff . Marry and get bled dry at your peril
Old 21st March 2005, 09:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Believe me - they know how to raid the designer shops in Bangalore - All they do is attend weddings, funerals, prayer meetings, etc so they need the "professional attire to do this " and they rarely wear the same thing twice except to do household stuff . Marry and get bled dry at your peril
True man, I agree, They spend a lot of money on these stuffs.. The dowry part seems like a custom more than anything now.. The higher they girls parents pay, the more better they feel(talking about the big shots here)... But thats fine with me.. May be patao some chick from there and get u'r self a zx12r and a real good car that money can buy..

Wicked ideas..

Got to wait a few more years though before I give it a thought as I got to get professionally set..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks