Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 19:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Poor India in Japan TV

I just finished watching a documentary in a Japanese channel about poverty in India in some part of Bihar. They almost prepared a interesting telecast out of poverty in India.

Very sad that poverty is still a matter of interest and documentary for countries who got there freedom almost the same time when we got it. I really do not want to do the comparison.

But I did not liked the program, because were like trying to put a sad picture.

And that just reminded me the scene from Muna Bhai MBBS, when Circuit asked a chinnes/japanese to show Poor India Bhooka India.

Poor India in Japan TV-p8270221.jpg

Poor India in Japan TV-p8270222.jpg

Poor India in Japan TV-p8270223.jpg

Poor India in Japan TV-p8270224.jpg

Last edited by rkbharat : 27th August 2008 at 19:16.
Old 27th August 2008, 19:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Can we blame them or Us ??
Old 27th August 2008, 19:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

How much did your TV cost?
Old 27th August 2008, 19:29   #4
BHPian

In india people dont work with passion.

They just work for money. They dont care about the company. They care about their salary and their promotion.

Hence the results.....
Old 27th August 2008, 19:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

They just showed the part most of us dont see daily. If I remember right 55% of Mumbai is considered slum.
Old 27th August 2008, 19:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Can we blame them or Us ??
Dadu Saab, if you ask me who to blame, I can count 20 different stakeholders, I am a manager by profession .
Its not a question of who to blame, we have different problems and different situations and we have good and bad both. They might just have good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Free ... Part of deal in appartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
In india people dont work with passion.

They just work for money. They dont care about the company. They care about their salary and their promotion.

Hence the results.....
about passion, yes I agree,.

But about Salary and Promotion, believe me, the truth is, in every country, every person work for these two. And those who work for passion, do not work for companies, they run there own companies.
Old 27th August 2008, 19:45   #7
BHPian

The unfortunate facts are that :
(1)we cannot gloss over these realities.
(2) The goddamn foreign media has a propensity for potraying these disturbing realities to the armchair viewer ,for entertainment purposes- Africa and South Asia being favourite hunting grounds
Old 27th August 2008, 20:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Very sad that poverty is still a matter of interest and documentary for countries who got there freedom almost the same time when we got it.
I dont get your arguement. How does the fact that they got freedom at about the same time as us prevent them from being interested in poverty?

I dont Find attention to poverty Sad at all. Instead of Reporting whether the Big B felt cold today, Media should at least give some mention to it. To ignore it and gloss over the better aspects , to ourselves at that , is sheer denial
Old 27th August 2008, 20:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

@rkbharat, I guess what you are trying to say is india is progressing and we have MNCs and great cars and everything else. but if that cannot change the fate of those people in bihar, that's our failure.

what interests anybody is none of our business. they have never seen poor people probably and they are excited about it. increasing their TRPs you see.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Shut up you poor Indian, just drink your glass of hand-pumped water and scurry off happily.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

What's wrong with the programme? Did they show anything that was not true? When will we stop being hypocrites and stop to pretend to be what we are not? Let's accept that we are a very impoverished nation; that's probably the first step towards achieving freedom from poverty and its related social ills.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

We have to accep the reality of today. But making mockery of this is not OK. We need to look back ourselves and see where are we today and where they are and what made them to reach there. Are our politicians ready to do this? I hope not. If people get educated, then the fear of losing the votes will haunt them. Hence they do not want the people leaving in BPL to get educated and know the real world. Hence we will continue to leave like this forever...
Old 27th August 2008, 20:28   #13
BHPian

I am reminded of a joke where the Japan PM once visited Bihar and asked Lalu to lease out a portion on Bihar; he would then turn that portion developed and modern as Japan in 2 years time – Lalu retorted by asking the visiting PM to give a portion of Japan to him and he would turn it Bihar like in 2 days flat!
Unfortunately this is real too…
Old 27th August 2008, 20:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

There is another famous one liner which is perhaps relevant here - what Bihar is to India, India is to the world. Please stop laughing at Bihar and look at ourselves as a nation as a whole.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

in pennsylvania i remember a case where somebody was jailed for 3 years for taking 5000 $ in bribes.

in india politicians pockets millions and still walk with their heads up high, nobody raises any eyebrows.

who said we are a poor nation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks