Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 14:43   #31
BHPian

Ya but again that will develop a lot of swirlls in time due to the dust, But i guess that is better than having this kind of scratches. From yesterday this is bugging me a lot.. i need to find a solution.
Old 31st October 2008, 16:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Ya but again that will develop a lot of swirlls in time due to the dust, But i guess that is better than having this kind of scratches. From yesterday this is bugging me a lot.. i need to find a solution.
Apart from it you can install a touch sensitive alarm system, I experienced it myself on an Innova when I just kept my hand on it to find out if the driver was around in the parking lot (it was blocking my exit). It sounded and the moment i removed my hand it stopped.

btw, use a water colour paint brush and a touch up colour to touch this up.

Only pathetic people can behave like this, scratching other cars intentionally.
Old 31st October 2008, 16:23   #33
BHPian

@Dadu, thank you very much..yes that is exactly something i'm looking for. the security system provided by ford is just for central looking and boot release, it has no alarms.

Do you have any more information on that??
Old 25th November 2008, 13:49   #34
BHPian

Sathee and the rest of you who experienced this. I feel sad for us all.

I know how it feels, had my 2 weeks old vehicle scratched by an frustrated 54 year old man in Mumbai when I was visiting the place, (unfortunately I didn't catch him doing it red handed otherwise I'd have broken a couple of his limbs). Had to settle for giving him a good 30 minute firing/warning in front of all the neighbours.
Unfortunately pussys like these people only have the courage to do things like this behind the vehicle owners backs and in the dark.
If any of you have found a good option in a touch sensitive alarm (and the pros/cons) please let me know too, I just installed the Fiesta authorised autocop but that covers the doors openining and the volumetric protection for glass breakage, not the touch sensitive function. But I don't mind changing the system to prevent these kind of occurences.
Old 25th November 2008, 14:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

In my Indica I had this Impact Sensor along with remote lock system by Autocop. And believe me its very useful, specially when you have lots kids around in locality doing all these.

It had the options of setting the Impact sensitivity, and switching it off from remote. So when I car was parked in locality I kept the sensitivity very high so that a minor touch can trigger alarm.

It had few drawbacks as well, like if a heavy vehicle or bike passd near the car and even a dog barking near it, triggered the alarm. But then again, sensitivity can be set based on where you are. And can be completely switched off
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
@Dadu, thank you very much..yes that is exactly something i'm looking for. the security system provided by ford is just for central looking and boot release, it has no alarms.

Do you have any more information on that??
Old 11th March 2012, 21:47   #36

Re: Removing key scratches from a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
what a shame!

i have heard that sometimes beggars and eunuchs deliberately scratch a car if the people inside brush them off without giving money. anyone here experienced it?
I had a bitter experience today at the Hudson circle signal near LIC building in Bangalore. There are lots of eunuchs at this signal and they keep asking for money, I never gave them any. When I used to go on bike, they used to scold, curse and what not... but today I had taken my car and I got stuck at the signal. One of the eunuchs came up to me and started knocking on the window, i didn't open, he started to knock hard and I still didn't respond. He then left, but also left a big scar on the car, right from the front door on the right side to the front door on left side. A full circle!!

He mostly used a key to deliberately scratch it and made deep impact at certain places, paint has also come out... i was totally heartbroken. If he would've told me that he would do that, i would have probably paid him, but i didn't expect such vandalism. I couldn't stop him, nor I could get out and thrash him, 10 more would have joined and done more damage.

I felt helpless and sorry for my car. I dont know how I could have stopped this from happening, or how to avoid this in future. (May be I'll pay up from next time, thats the lesson learnt).

I am very frustrated and unhappy. I will try some scratch remover, but I really doubt if that will work, its a very deep scratch.
Old 15th July 2016, 16:27   #37
aLY
BHPian

Someone deliberately scratched my car. In fact, he did the same to four other cars in my apartment's parking, on the same night. I can’t understand how deep the scratches are gone into. Seems like he used a key.

Removing key scratches from a car?-fr-door.jpg
Front Door - Right side

Removing key scratches from a car?-fl-door.jpg
Front Door - Left side

Removing key scratches from a car?-rr-door.jpg
Rear Door - Right side

Removing key scratches from a car?-rl-door.jpg
Rear Door - Left side

Removing key scratches from a car?-l-fender.jpg
Fender - Left side

As you can see, there are scratches on all four doors and on the left fender.

I will be taking the car to 3M-OMR tomorrow, to check the possibility of removing it by rubbing and polishing.

I have a B-B zero depreciation insurance, is there any way I can claim it under this, if I repaint the panels? as it is not an "Accident".
Old 15th July 2016, 16:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
Someone deliberately scratched my car. In fact, he did the same to four other cars in my apartment's parking, on the same night. I can’t understand how deep the scratches are gone into. Seems like he used a key.

I have a B-B zero depreciation insurance, is there any way I can claim it under this, if I repaint the panels? as it is not an "Accident".
Feel real bad for your car. Some body did the same on my car too, though it was limited only to the bonnet.

As far as I know, this would not be covered under insurance since it is not an accident, but a deliberate act.

Rohan
Old 15th July 2016, 20:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1529170

Front Door - Right side

Attachment 1529171

Front Door - Left side

Attachment 1529172

Rear Door - Right side

Attachment 1529173

Rear Door - Left side

Attachment 1529174

Fender - Left side

As you can see, there are scratches on all four doors and on the left fender.

I will be taking the car to 3M-OMR tomorrow, to check the possibility of removing it by rubbing and polishing.

Extremely disgusting. Is your parking area covered on CCTV?

The scratches look pretty deep. 3M won't be able to remove them. Rubbing polish will only make it lighter and will also remove a layer of clear coat. Be cautious.
Old 20th July 2016, 16:28   #40
aLY
BHPian

@arjun reddy, no mate, there is no cc tv at the moment. We have requested to the association to install one.
If 3M can't help to remove, what is the next option? Repainting 5 panel will cost me a bomb. That too without claiming insurance.
I think I can't live with the scratches on my car, is there any other option to get rid of these scratches? Somebody please help me!

Last edited by aLY : 20th July 2016 at 16:48.
Old 20th July 2016, 16:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Removing key scratches from a car?

Quote:
@arjun reddy, no mate, there is no cc tv at the moment. We have requested to the association to install one.

If 3M can't help to remove, what is the next option? Repainting 5 panel will cost me a bomb. That too without claiming insurance.

I think I can't live the scratches on my car, is there any other option to get rid of these scratches? Somebody please help me!

Check if Mohsin from Ultimate Detailerz ( +91 7899-294904) can do anything , but I very much doubt it. Share the pictures on what's app and see if he has a solution. You can then drive to Bangalore.

Also check with Dinesh @ Trend Auto. 099-00-561111

Has anyone tried Compaint ? Does it work ?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 20th July 2016 at 16:54.
Old 20th July 2016, 17:27   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I think I can't live with the scratches on my car, is there any other option to get rid of these scratches? Somebody please help me!
Try using the below 3M polish. It is a sort of rubbing compound. It will not completely remove the scratch, but will definitely reduce the visual appearance of it.
Best part is you will not find this in the 3M showrooms, but most of the accessory shops stock this.
Attached Thumbnails
Removing key scratches from a car?-3m.jpg  

Old 9th September 2020, 10:52   #43
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

My Feb 2020 Swift has a long key scratch on the passenger side doors (both front and back). I have unsuccessfully tried using the Waxpol rubbing compound to remove the same. Is there any other product which can remove or reduce the scratch?

The attached photos will give a better idea.

Thank you for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Removing key scratches from a car?-img_20200909_092627.jpg  

Removing key scratches from a car?-img_20200909_092635.jpg  

Old 9th September 2020, 12:38   #44
BHPian

There's something called an Emory Polish and all painters use it. I guess it is a more concentrated form of the rubbing compounds. You can try buying it from a local hardware store and use it on a small area to see if it works for the scratch.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks