Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 12:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Relocating to Hyderabad - Need inputs.

Firstly, I would like to thank tbhpians for giving their inputs on the job offer he had got from Dubai. He had to forego it as he did not get the desired compensation to stay in Dubai. He had one more offer from Hyderabad and he has decided to join the company there.

He is relocating in Dec-08 and is looking for the below inputs:

1) His office is in Banjara Hills area. He needs a good school (which is reasonable in fees/donations) for his daughter.
2) He needs a house/flat near the school maybe around 1~2 kms.

Some people has suggested that to stay in Sainikpuri which is 20 kms from Banjara Hills and they have a Indus World School. And some have suggested to stay near Krishna Nagar which is 5 kms from Banjara Hills. But here he does not have any idea of schools.

Request for tbhpians staying in Hyderabad to suggest the best possible area near to his office and it also should be convenient to school. The rental which he is willing to pay maybe in the range of Rs.8000 to Rs.10000.

Do pour your inputs in....

Thanks again...
Old 5th November 2008, 12:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

For 8 to 10k he will be able to get a 2bhk with woodwork in the kitchen and bedrooms. Car Parking will usually be available but may not be covered.

CYBERABAD TIMES MAPS : VERSION 3

is an excellent map with a nice drop down box for navigating.
Old 5th November 2008, 12:56   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

8-10K for a 2-bedroom apartment is a bit low in Banjara Hills area as its one of the posh localities in Hyderabad.

However, he can try in Srinagar Colony and S.R Nagar where he may get at that price.

To tell you honestly, 8K is quite impossible in any of the above areas but, you never know.

Srinagar Colony is 3-5kms from BH
S.R.Nagar is about 6-8 kms from BH depending on where his office is in Banjara Hills ( Mind you BH is a huge area). So a more pin-point of his office location would help.

I cannot provide any advice on schools as i dont have any kids yet
Old 5th November 2008, 12:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Anand nagar, hill top colony and erramanzil are really close to banjara hills (less than a kilometre away), rentals would be between 7-15k depending on the flat.

Merdian is a good school on banjara hills road number 7. Not too expensive. Their buses drop you home too. I dont know what their policies are on a mid year admission though.
Krishna Nagar is also not too bad a choice. Rentals again would vary from 10-20k (+/- 5k)

Where exactly is his office in banjara hills, how does he plan to commute to office.

@mobike008: I dont think you can find an apartment in sri nagar colony for less than 10k

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 5th November 2008 at 13:01.
Old 5th November 2008, 13:00   #5
BHPian

1) What kind of school - CBSE, ICSE or State syllabus?

I would suggest Marredpally for accommodation and schooling convenience.St Ann's is a good girls school in Secunderabad.

Easy access onto SD road and consequent row of flyovers to commute to Banjara is also convenient.

PS : Im biased towards Secunderabad cause its the calmer side of this hustle and bustle twin cities :-)

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 5th November 2008 at 13:02.
Old 5th November 2008, 13:09   #6
Team-BHP Support

It would help if we know the Road Number in Banjara Hills where his office is going to be located.

While Banjara Hills is quite an expensive place to live in, its bounded by some very good and economical areas.

Masab Tank, Vijaynagar Colony, Lakdi ka pul, Khairatabad, Punjagutta, Somajiguda and so on.

Vijaynagar colony houses St Anns. Its a girls only school and quite well known
Somajiguda has Zikra and Nasr school.
There is a small school called Springfields in Masab Tank adjacent to Banajara Hills Rd #1.
Then there is Mount Banjara School. I think its on Rd #7.
Sultan Uloom school is on Rd #3.

If he wants he can also choose to live in Methodist Colony, Begumpet. It has this huge Sri Chaitanya school. Banjara Hills is only 10 mins drive away in normal traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post

I would suggest Marredpally for accommodation and schooling convenience.St Ann's is a good girls school in Secunderabad.

I think the school is being shifted from here. Not sure though.

Last edited by bblost : 5th November 2008 at 13:11.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
@mobike008: I dont think you can find an apartment in sri nagar colony for less than 10k
I said you may get one below 10K. Check my comment below where i mention for 8k it is impossible.

Anyways, without exact location of his office, all our inputs would be futile!

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th November 2008 at 15:10.
Old 5th November 2008, 16:15   #8
Team-BHP Support

Masab Tank, located close to BHills is a nice place to live in. I stayed there in Shantinagar colony for close to 3 years. As for schools in the area, St.Anns in Vijaynagar colony is the only one i know of.
Old 5th November 2008, 18:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

in banjara hills, the two best schools are meridian and kalpa.

you will get 2bhks at 8 to 10k in banjara hills, but the area wont be so great.

could you let us know which road number the office is gonna be on and as well as which class the daughter is in, cos this time of the year admission is gonna be a bit tough.
Old 18th August 2009, 14:00   #10
BHPian

One of my friends is relocating to Hyderabad and is planning to take his Gurgaon Number Baleno also to Hyderabad. He wanted to know whether a NOC is required or simply paying the Road Tax in hyderabad will do??

Guys out there in hyderabad please shed some light on this as if he needs a NOC then he'll start working on it..

Cheers...
Old 18th August 2009, 14:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
One of my friends is relocating to Hyderabad and is planning to take his Gurgaon Number Baleno also to Hyderabad. He wanted to know whether a NOC is required or simply paying the Road Tax in hyderabad will do??

Guys out there in hyderabad please shed some light on this as if he needs a NOC then he'll start working on it..

Cheers...
Hi Warrior, please look at the following thread, probably you will get all the answers here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ne-ap-tak.html
Old 16th September 2010, 12:26   #12
BHPian

From kerala to hyderabad

Hi Friends

I am thinking about relocating from Kerala to Hyderabad with my family where i would be working at HITEC city .
I have not been to hyderabad so far, so can someone give some idea on life at hyderabad please?

1. What would be approx rent in a decent locality (secure and comfortable place, some recommendations please)
2. Mode of transport for daily commute
3. With hindi, english can we manage.
4. General living cost ?
5. Considering hassles of getting vehicle transferred i would prefer to sell my fabia in kerala and buy a new alto or similar one from AP
6. Any other points

Thanks in advance
Old 16th September 2010, 12:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiarider View Post
Hi Friends

I am thinking about relocating from Kerala to Hyderabad with my family where i would be working at HITEC city .
I have not been to hyderabad so far, so can someone give some idea on life at Hyderabad please?
For checking out the life in Hyderabad, check out the eating out in Hyderabad & Hyderabad meets threads!

1. What would be approx rent in a decent locality (secure and comfortable place, some recommendations please)
Since you will be working out of Hitec City, the nearest places for stay will be Madhapur, Kondapur, White Fields, Kavuri Hills.
The rent for a 2 BHK is normally 10-12k per month and most of the owners ask only for 2 or 3 months rent as advance.

You have lots of auto rickshaws which run on 'share' basis from these areas to Hitec City apart from the APSRTC buses. (In case you want to take public transport)

Definitely! Language will not be a problem at all.

4. General living cost ?
This depends on the kind of Lifestyle you will lead and as an approximate figure, I can say 25k will be the approx expenses including your rent and moderate eating out/movies, etc

5. Considering hassles of getting vehicle transferred i would prefer to sell my fabia in kerala and buy a new alto or similar one from AP.
Hitec city area is the place where the RTO concentrates on checking the out of state vehicles for papers and they have this check almost once in a month.
You will have to decide based on how long you will be staying in Hyderabad.

6. Any other points?
Welcome to Hyderabad. You will fall in love with this city once you start living here!

Thanks in advance
Answered your queries in bold!
Old 16th September 2010, 12:42   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiarider View Post
Hi Friends

I have not been to hyderabad so far, so can someone give some idea on life at hyderabad please?

4. General living cost ?
5. Considering hassles of getting vehicle transferred i would prefer to sell my fabia in kerala and buy a new alto or similar one from AP
6. Any other points

Thanks in advance
Welcome to Hyderabad. Its a great place to live in and is home to a lot of people from other states so you will certainly be quite comfortable with living in Hyd as its a city not too big and not too small with one of the most resonable cost of living in our country. My feedback for your queries :-

1. 12K-15K for 2-3 Bedroom depending on if you stay in Madhapur,Kondapur, Miyapur, Kukatpally etc which are in range of 2kms-9kms from Hitec City

2. Bike, Car or many shared autos to Hitec City from above outlined locations.

3. Hindi and English is more than enough. You dont need to learn telugu. I am a North Indian and lived all my life in Hyd and still cannot speak fluent telugu.

4. Too genric question but is cheaper than for e.g : living in bangalore and pune. I am not even comparing Mumbai.

5. That would be best. Sell Fabia and buy a new car in Hyd

Btw, which company you joining?

Cheers and hope you'll enjoy your stay in Hyderabad

P.S: Just saw Pulsar56 feedback. He is a good example as he hails from Tamil Nadu and enjoyed his stay in hyderabad from over 4 years i think. Isnt that right Pulsar56?

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th September 2010 at 12:45.
Old 16th September 2010, 15:06   #15
BHPian

From kerala to hyderabad

Thank you Pulsar56 and mobike008.
Now i feel more comfortable. I hope to join GE.
Good to that there are many TBHP friends in there.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks