Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2005, 18:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Terrorist Attack

was just talking to a friend on msn messenger and she asked me whether i was watching the news . on asking why at such an unusual question i was told about a terrorist attack in Srinagar .

just watching NDTV and wondering what is it with these terrorists , why can't they just live and let live ? when will they ever learn to value human life ? why don't these terrorist groups instead spend on social welfare instead of wasting so much money on weapons and stuff .

apparently the attack is due to the terrorist groups feeling isolated due to the talks between India and Pakistan and was in response to a bus travelling across the LINE OF CONTROL between the 2 countries .

Terrorism is one of the most disgusting things present in the world according to me . even if the groups are trying to make a point and think that the governments are not listening to them , why do they harm the ' AAM JANTA ' ? what in the world have these poor civilians done to go through all this , why should they be harmed due to problems between the terrorist groups and the governments ?

guys just post whatever more information you'll get on the attack and lets pray for the safety of the civilians and quick recovery of the injured

manson .

Last edited by manson : 6th April 2005 at 18:29.
Old 6th April 2005, 18:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

I don't think any lives were lost. But 2-3 civilians did get injured.

Using innocent civilians to make a point is the most cowardly thing, anyone can do.

Shan2nu
Old 6th April 2005, 19:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
even if the groups are trying to make a point and think that the governments are not listening to them , why do they harm the ' AAM JANTA ' ?
Simple. Only then the government would listen, coz the AAM JANTA would put such a huge pressure on the government that it WOULD have to give in to the demands, etc. So if you want the government to do something, all you have to do is hurt a minimum of one janta to get things working. They can't expect to fight the military, it'll be useless, its completely SUICIDE with no meaning and nothing getting done. So its better to commit suicide with a couple of AAM JANTA. Thats when things will be done.

I'm not defending the terrorists, just saying their general views.
Old 6th April 2005, 19:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Simple. Only then the government would listen, coz the AAM JANTA would put such a huge pressure on the government that it WOULD have to give in to the demands, etc.
Another point is that the govt would act not because they care for the lives of those civilians, but to see to it that they dont loose people's support and be removed from power..... Ridiculous...
Old 6th April 2005, 19:33   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Simple. Only then the government would listen, coz the AAM JANTA would put such a huge pressure on the government that it WOULD have to give in to the demands, etc. So if you want the government to do something, all you have to do is hurt a minimum of one janta to get things working. They can't expect to fight the military, it'll be useless, its completely SUICIDE with no meaning and nothing getting done. So its better to commit suicide with a couple of AAM JANTA. Thats when things will be done.
dude i m sure that everyone who wants to be heard does not take a similar route , there are a few who do try and take the simpler way out mentioned above but tell me how many times do they get what they want by doing this ?

all they do is make some noise , kill , get killed and nothing really happens !

fine make noise to be heard just like Bhagat Singh did when he fought for independence but don't hurt the people who have nothing to do with the issue , value human life and find better ways of making noise and being heard , hurting the 'AAM JANTA' isn't going to bring any good .

manson .
Old 6th April 2005, 20:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude i m sure that everyone who wants to be heard does not take a similar route
That is why we call them Terrorists. hehe

Most of these guys don't even know what they're fighting for, or whether their reason's are genuine.

They're completely brainwashed.

Why these guys, i know a person who took part in a Morcha/Rally and, he didn't even know what it was all about. He just went there coz they were giving out free food and money.

Shan2nu
Old 6th April 2005, 21:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Two reasons why quite a few people would be ready to think out of their sane minds:
1). Free food and money.
2). Religion.

Combine the two consequences as they exsist in our country, and bingo. Too many people pulling strings from way too many places. Those who befriend us in front of the media, might not be the same behind covered lenses.

It was so much simpler when there was ice all around.
Old 6th April 2005, 21:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why the human rights activists dont speak anything when such terrorist attacks happens. On the other hand, if people like Professor Geelani is shot somewhere by someone, these human rights activists immediately create a hue and cry...

Why why why.....
Old 6th April 2005, 22:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
fine make noise to be heard just like Bhagat Singh
If I'm not wrong, during those days the British called them terrorists too. And you think Bharat Singh hasn't taken lives??! You think his hands are clean?!?

Quote:
Why these guys, i know a person who took part in a Morcha/Rally and, he didn't even know what it was all about. He just went there coz they were giving out free food and money.
See exactly, in a morcha/rally, not many are bothered about the needs. Moreover, the government or any other institution will never give you ALL what you want. But if you do a terrorist act, there you have it, you get all your demands cleared.

Last edited by Gordon : 6th April 2005 at 22:56.
Old 7th April 2005, 10:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
I wonder why the human rights activists dont speak anything when such terrorist attacks happens. On the other hand, if people like Professor Geelani is shot somewhere by someone, these human rights activists immediately create a hue and cry...

Why why why.....
All these so called "human rights activists" want is popularity...

there might be one of 10 organisations who is sincere in its motto

Where do these guys go when scores of soldiers and cops are killed while capturing these criminals..

The Kathmandu flight which was hijacked to afghanistan led to the release of that fanatic (dont recollect his name) who later formed the Jaish-e-mohd n led to infinite attacks n blasts in kashmir.

Why do they want to keep such ppl in jail... bloody wel shoot them.

n as far as my knowledge goes.. these cops/armymen give a damn about these activists.. a good eg is the crackdown on the mumbai underworld around 10 years ago.. which led to "encounters" and finally to the underworld downscaling its operations by the number...

I gues the same approach shud be carried out in the case of the terrorists.. though its not easy as it sounds... but afterall its the attitude that matters!!
Old 7th April 2005, 10:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

i totally agree with scuderia , these guys are a waste to be kept in prison as none of them are ever going to change infact they are juts going to occupy some place and waste a whole lot o other basicresources provided in the prison .
they should just be shot dead , that way we'll save a lot of time and a lot of lives also which will be in danger once this guy is set free .

manson .
Old 7th April 2005, 10:56   #12
Team-BHP Support

[quote=Gordon]If I'm not wrong, during those days the British called them terrorists too. And you think Bharat Singh hasn't taken lives??! You think his hands are clean?!?

dude he didn't kill any of the "AAM JANTA" who were not responsible for anything ! people killed were cruel britishers who themselves did not value human life so killing them is i'm so sure totally ok .

the point here is not 'KILLING' , IT IS HARMING THE 'AAM JANTA' .

manson .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks