Team-BHP - Anybody using Morpheus "peer 2 peer"?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Anybody using Morpheus "peer 2 peer"? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/4950-anybody-using-morpheus-peer-2-peer.html)

Downloaded Morpheus 4.8 a few days ago. Pretty good software.

Downloaded 2 600 MB vids.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron (1977 Documentary capturng the 1975 Mr. Olympia) which Arnold won, ofcourse.

2. Ronnie Coleman - The Unbelievable (Ronnie's off season workout schedule, this guy is huge man!!!)

Also, search for a 660bhp (at 2 bar) Civic vid, it's small but just out of this world. 10.** sec 1/4 mile@133mph (it did it with just 1.4 bar of boost).

Shan2nu

I still think P2P softwares are on their way out. Bit Torrent is the way to go. The cache of files available of for download is phenomenally huge. My BMI collection has grown huge since.

pumping iron is a wicked wicked movie !!!
i have it on DVD...

i use lImewire ...good speed (gnutella network) ..i never liked morpheus much ...

yah ..bit torrent is the best but it slows down the computer tremendously ..however . in our house we got seven computers wid jus 6 users ... one computer is whr we run the bit torrent , its idle we dont even have a permanent monitor hooked on to it ...

Quote:

I still think P2P softwares are on their way out. Bit Torrent is the way to go.
Tried bit torrent but i got really horrible speeds of around 1-5 kbps. With Morpheus, i've got upto 37kbps.

What BMI vids do you have?

Shan2nu

And would you believe that!!!! I just made Morpheus my official bit torrent downloader and it's working!!! This is great.

How does 15-20kbps sound, compared to 5kbps on Azureus!!

Shan2nu

I`m using BearShare...simple 2 use, small in size(4MB), fastest downloading speed among the
other P2P softwares (limewire, morpheus,kazaa, imesh)

KP

Shantanu!!!!! I Want Those Two Bodybuilding Videoss!!!!!!! Noww!!! Anyhow!!!! Please!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
And would you believe that!!!! I just made Morpheus my official bit torrent downloader and it's working!!! This is great.

How does 15-20kbps sound, compared to 5kbps on Azureus!!

Shan2nu

Morpheus works as a bit torrent client? Will try it out ASAP.
Bit torrent is slow, but I'm not home for most of the day, so just leave my computer on.

Current BMI titles on my HDD:
1. M3 vs JDM Super Sports
2. JGTC the official guide.
3. Battles at 10,000 rpm.

I have a few others on backup cds, will check them out later and let you know.

These are proper hour long , dvd rips, 700 mb each.

I think the 4.8 version does. Coz it was mentioned when i downloaded it. At present i'm downloading the latest 5th gear episode and guess what, i'm getting 28-30kbps. Ohlala.

Morpheus 4.8 is the way to go dude. Get it now!!!

I think download.com is providing it.

Quote:

Shantanu!!!!! I Want Those Two Bodybuilding Videoss!!!!!!! Noww!!! Anyhow!!!! Please!!!!
Well, since these were downloaded using p2p, there is no link available. When i go to blore, i'll burn them on a CD and give them to Rudra, since he keeps coming to Bbay very often. U can pick it up from him.

Both vids are mind blowing, Ronnie does a 800 pound dead lift in his offseason. He is a bull among bodybuilders. 5'11" and can weigh upto 315 pounds, 255 during on season.

And Arnold, well what can i say, the most beautiful body i've ever seen. He maynot have been the biggest but, the proportions are mind blowing. No wonder he took 7 Mr. Olympias and 3 Mr. Universes.

Shan2nu

And ported, if you find it hard to believe the 28-30kbps speeds for torrents. Check this out. It has not been altered on PS, what you see is what i get.

Shan2nu

Anyone using a Mac around here?, I think Poisoned is the best file sharing program in comparison to anything out there for the PC. Why you ask? well, its got the Fastrack (Kazaa), Guntella, OpenFT, Ares, and gifttD networks all integrated into one software. I use both a PC and a Mac but sadly the PC falls Pale in comparission.

Regards,
Satyam.

PS:I've just strted using a mac since a month.

PPS:Also I got speeds in excess of 50K/70K I'm using 4 broadband connections with a quad WAN port load-balancing router.

Quote:

if you find it hard to believe the 28-30kbps speeds for torrents.
I downloaded Morpheus 4.8 and have never got a speed about 7kbps. Shan2nu what connection are you using??!

PS - Shan2nu, the funny part is I'm downloading a video, and I just opened that image [post #11] you posted. AND guess what??! Its the exact same video I'm downloading! :)

Quote:

I downloaded Morpheus 4.8 and have never got a speed about 7kbps. Shan2nu what connection are you using??!
I'm on DSL, provided by Airtel. It's a 128kbps connection. What makes Morpheus impressive is the fact that i get speeds of 2-4kbps when i use Azureus, on the same connetion. So, in comparison.........28kbps is light years away.

Quote:

Shan2nu, the funny part is I'm downloading a video, and I just opened that image [post #11] you posted. AND guess what??! Its the exact same video I'm downloading!
Ya? That's an awesome vid. They've reviewed the GT4 and the A1 GP.

Shan2nu

i use ares now its the best since nothing else works for me. i get crappy speeds about 250mb takes 6 hours or so