Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 16:18   #1
BHPian

Property portals...Any experience?

A lot of property portals notably makaan.com, indiaproperties.com, 99acres.com etc. are the order of the day to market one's property for sale/lease/rent.

I have a 2 1/2 BHK Row House in Talegaon that is due for possession mid-Jan. I am not yet sure whether to sell this or rent it out (Talegaon being on the outskirts of Pune city, I doubt there would be many takers on a rental basis), a decision will be made shortly after some analysis on the prospects of selling or renting out the house. Nonetheless, I wish to advertise my house on one of these property websites by becoming a paid member (to avail all the features of the portal). I do not want to go through a broker to strike a deal for my house.

Does anybody have an experience with one or more of these portals? If so, please advise. Appreciate your time in this regard, guys.
Old 30th December 2008, 16:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

well yes, i did check out quite a few sites, sulekha classifieds and magic bricks seemed to be the best. one does seem to get a response from the numbers given there. If you post there do check if the person calling is a broker or the actual person who wants to shift there because brokers do call to inquire.
Old 25th January 2009, 15:14   #3
BHPian

99 acres seems to be the best! But, your AD stays only for 15 days, and you're only allowed to have one free AD. The response you get is much quicker. I've observed - 10 prospect calls in just first 3 days. Of course, a lot depends on how attractive your offer is.

Makaan.com is good (most importantly, free), but the response is slow.
Old 25th January 2009, 22:11   #4
BHPian

Thanks Amu1983 for sharing your experience. I haven't yet got any confirmation on the possession date from the builder, hence not put in an advert. Hopefully this would happen sooner than later.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:02   #5
BHPian

They are good, but most of the posters are property dealers. But individual listings do get preference. I personally don't like to deal with those jackasses hiking the prices all the time. I will say, post an ad with a good price, be firm on it & there is someone who will pick it in 2/3 weeks.

Regarding Talegaon, I am little doubtful as it is a faraway place for someone working in Pune unless his office is in Hinjewadi or Chakan or Pimpri Chinchwad area. High rentals are a bit difficult and you could probably start with a lower rent for now to cushion your EMIs. If you do want to start with lower rents, look for students or bachelor executive types as they are easy to move from one place to another. Families don't want to vacate a place soon enough because the movement is a costly and cumbersome process.
Old 28th January 2009, 20:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
They are good, but most of the posters are property dealers. But individual listings do get preference. I personally don't like to deal with those jackasses hiking the prices all the time. I will say, post an ad with a good price, be firm on it & there is someone who will pick it in 2/3 weeks.

Regarding Talegaon, I am little doubtful as it is a faraway place for someone working in Pune unless his office is in Hinjewadi or Chakan or Pimpri Chinchwad area. High rentals are a bit difficult and you could probably start with a lower rent for now to cushion your EMIs. If you do want to start with lower rents, look for students or bachelor executive types as they are easy to move from one place to another. Families don't want to vacate a place soon enough because the movement is a costly and cumbersome process.
Thanks for the suggestions. Following are the ideas that make the cut atleast imho. This is based on the fact that the MIDC industrial area (Talegaon and Chakan housing some auto plants) is nearby and the Hinjewadi IT park is within reasonable distance as well.

1. Sell it off, if a good bargain is available
2. If 1 does not work, lease out as a company guest house (this would need significant investmet on my part to furnish the place)
3. Lease out to IT employees (be it bachelors or family people) who are willing to stay in Talegaon and travel to Hinjewadi (its a fairly quick drive/ride on NH4)

Obviously I do not expect the moon (as your rightly pointed out) when it comes to rentals/lease options because Talegaon is perhaps still not in the Pune city mainstream and will take a while before people can accept it as a good destination to stay and work in and around Pune.

But, I am not sure how feasible it is for me to get a deal without involving a property dealer/broker in the bargain. I am evaluating the possibilities at the moment and still wait for the possession formalities to happen.
Old 28th January 2009, 21:56   #7
BHPian

in my opinion its not the good time to sell. If you can, hold it for another year or so. Try to rent it out for now.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks