Team-BHP - It sucks being an enthusiast who cares about your car & bike coz....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   It sucks being an enthusiast who cares about your car & bike coz.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5314-sucks-being-enthusiast-who-cares-about-your-car-bike-coz.html)

It sucks!

It sucks being an enthusiast and caring about your car & bike because:
It takes forever to find a parking spot to your liking

Other people always seem to SLAM your doors shut

You hear noises from your car that are invisible to others

You take days off work to sit with your car at its official services like you would if your kid was in a hospital

You save only to spend it on your vehicle

Your girlfriend/wife/lover get pissed when you go for a walk but refuse to let the vehicle out of your sight as someone may lean against it.

Your girlfriend/wife/lover get pissed when you buy a new bike instead of buying her a diamond ring for your engagement

Your girlfriend/wife/lover get pissed when you tell her not to slam the door shut!

Your girlfriend/wife/lover get pissed when you can talk for hours about the vehicle you own, but if someone asks you what you love about her, you’re stuck for words.

Your girlfriend/wife/lover get pissed every Sunday as you refuse to miss the Moto GP or F1 race on TV.

Your dog hates you because you make him wear little socks so that he doesn’t scratch the seats.

The neighbour’s kids hate you because you yell at them for playing too close to the car

The valet hates you because you never let him park the car and so he misses out on the tip

Your friends whine and moan because you don’t valet and they have to walk 10 minutes to the Hotel/club.

Your friends whine and moan because you don’t valet and they have to walk to the Hotel/club, which cramps their style.

You spend thousands on car care products but don’t seem to notice the mess in your house.

You get excited every Friday morning when the auto-classifieds come out as you keep looking for that one car/bike you always wanted and this just might be the day.

You throw out expensive hard cover books to make place for 5 dollar magazines.

These are just some personal stray thoughts on a lazy afternoon at work.

Must be personal stray thoughts but they are true to the words . Boy dont we all think alike :D

Dippy

man rtech you have hit it bang on!!! it is so true..also the following which get your passengers worked up:

1. how you fill fuel only from particular stations and not any on your way.

2. how you start the car and let it idle for a while before moving so as to get the temp up.

some more coming up...

3. god forbid if someone scratches or leans on the car and you curse him and his entire ancestry!!!

You get that misty-eyed, moony, loving look in your eyes when you look at your car and cant fake the same when you look at your wife/gf/lover.

How you open the windows and shut-off the AC just to hear how the engine sounds at that speed..

Spend glorious sunday mornings looking after 'just a piece of machinery'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
Must be personal stray thoughts but they are true to the words . Boy dont we all think alike :D

Dippy

hey dippy, you said it right...i second you...

Regards,

c10.

Now can something come from a lady too ? :)

some of the points mentioned by rtech are same for any lady driver who cares abt her vehicle.

specially if i havent got a parking place i want, then my whole attention is on the car rather then being attentive to the work or social obligation i m attending.

practically every other day i m looking for the scratches on my car and then cursing whoever has done it to hell.

even we lady drivers would go to the extent of keeping a kind of door mat while entering the car like how u do it for your home so that the car would not get dirty with dust. i have kept an old duster so in case my sandlas are soiled with wet dirt, i always clean them before entering the car.

shubbhi

Sorrry Shubbhi, my thoughts were geared up from a male perspective, but the inverse would hold true with the opposite sex :)

And yea ICE, you're right about only going to a particular gas station even if it is totally out of the way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
Sorrry Shubbhi, my thoughts were geared up from a male perspective, but the inverse would hold true with the opposite sex :)

And yea ICE, you're right about only going to a particular gas station even if it is totally out of the way!

hey rt

this was just an perspective from a lady's side and i totally agree with what u have said. 100% to the mark. :)

shubbhi

Spending "slightly" obscene amounts for carbon fibre sparco pedals or similar "trivial" accessories instead of buying diamond necklaces for spouse/ significant other...

1. refusing anyone who has got muck on his shoes to get into the car
2. making people clean up the mats before they get down so that they'll be more careful next time ;)

gr8 thots mate :)

Well what bother me most is when a friend has keyring or something which he/she is playing with while standing next to my car or bike, i just stop listening to what the person i saying & have my full concentration at the object :p

Hey Rt, so right they're.
One more from my side and it's more of a typical Rudra/Murphy's law syndrome:
You clean the car spending hours. After that you polish the car draining every drop of sweat.
Evening you go out and the rain starts to make all the road full of slush :Frustrati

One more. You come out from some mall or eatry and see few ass***** sitting on your car's bonnet. One of them standing, keeping one foot on the bumper.

Worst for me:
1: Nepali guy cleans the car in the morning and an hour later some lady pours water in her flower pots in the balcony which results in the muddy water fall on the car.

2:Car washed in the morning, parked under trees and you have all crow **** on it.

Very well said guys , sure we all are alike but i would like to add one more in the already preety huge list .
what about when you ve just bought a new car and your close Friends/reletives/cousins/ or let it be any 1, any relation , may be even your own bros. asks you to give those beautiful set of keys you are holding in your hand and asks for the drive :confused:

Firstly you try to ignore and try to make his mind divert from the car but for sure there are some relations you cant say no to but i can tell you(though there's no need) the moment some1 else is there on your (driver) seat , the heart starts beating faster and faster and you pray that the drive comes to an end sooner than later and not to forget , while going back you tell him the shortest route possible and once reached you ve a big sign of relief on your face and suddenly the smiles are back .... :)