Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2005, 15:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahim Accident

Bizarre accident 'replay' kills two

In an uncanny replay of the Salman Khan bakery accident, two bakery workers were killed yesterday.

A Hyundai Accent car rammed into five people outside Shakur Bakery on Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, at 3.15 am. Two bakery workers died on the spot, while one sustained serious injuries and two others minor injuries.

Source: Mid-Day.com

Read rest of the story here:

Article link: http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/city/2005/april/108463.htm

Last edited by Revvmaster : 30th April 2005 at 17:42.
Old 30th April 2005, 17:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

yeah gordon,
red it in the times of india. its really sad when stuff like this happens.do you think he fell asleep or was there another cause for this accident.the poor felllow couldnt pay the bail of 25000 rupess and therefore is in judicial custody as of now.

rev
Old 30th April 2005, 17:43   #3
BHPian

As per TOI he said that he saw a cat crossing the reoad and when he braked he lost control of the car.
Kind of off topic here but I myself have expirienced this quiet often that if you break too hard in the accent then you tend to loose control as in the car wants to run away from you i really cant find the right words for what im trying to say but ive tried my best to say it anyways.
I woul also like to add that in some what same kind of incidents in my Honda City/Zen its never happened so im qiuet confused about whom to question the car or the driver(thats myself in this case).
Old 30th April 2005, 18:07   #4
BHPian

sad sad sad scene

hmm...very sad to hear bout the dead...
i would like to question the fact that he may hav definatly been doing about 100+...
in the car for it to spin out of control so fast...
i pray that the injured hav a quick an healthy recovery...
Old 30th April 2005, 18:08   #5
BHPian

god that car was so badly smashed that i did not know it was an accent untill you said so!!
Old 30th April 2005, 18:29   #6
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Well if the car was doing about 100 the driver could not have been sleeping!. It has to be something that made the car go out of control!
Old 30th April 2005, 19:41   #7
BHPian

The accents metal seems quiet flimsy to me even a small bump into the metal and there you have a gaping wide dent. so the picture of the car didnt suprise me at all expected if the car rams into a wall at speeds greater than a 100 i myself feel scared of taking my accent above the speed of 80-90 cause i feel its flimsy but then again recently it gained my confidence again and i did about 130-140 on the highway.
Old 30th April 2005, 21:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

I seen it in the news. I was shocked to look at the state of that accident.

Lets look at the other side of the story.
That car crashed sooo badly, as we say he must be doing 100+.
The driver is safe.
Old 1st May 2005, 03:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

seatbelt thats all that comes to my mind , thats the only thing that could have saved him.just look at that front wheel.gosh people just dont seem to realize that india is not the place to speed. anything can just spring up.open man hole , animal running across, drunk guy walking on the road. divider there are just so manythings that come to my mind and all i can think of is anythin more than 60 in the city in the night specially in an unknown area is asking for trouble.

Rev
Old 1st May 2005, 17:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

It was an horrific accident,but as Gordon mentioned it has a positive side to it.The driver survived.I feel really sorry for the people who died in the mayhem.They were innocent people.God bless them.

X
Old 1st May 2005, 21:41   #11
BANNED

How?

But people the car in the picture is surely a Hyundai Accent GTX Torando 1.6 DOHC with ABS et all then how did it manage to lock up

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks