Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2005, 09:02   #1
BHPian

Ek Macchar / Mosquitoes in the car

Ek Machhar mera dimaag Kharaab Kar raha hai....

irritatingly, for the past couple of days.. there's is one goddamn mosquito which has got into my car... and has been buzzing around ......

must say this guy knows his job.... he will typically surface.. when the car has picked up certain speed.... and buzz around near the driver's seat... the car come's to a halt, typically for a few seconds at a light..... when i am all set to thrash him ......and our friend vanishes....

unfortunately, have not had the time to park my car at leisure and drive him out......

any experienced opinions... both for the immediate problem at hand and long term solutions to ensure minimum msquito nuisance... unfortunately, there are quite a few msqts in our bld lawn. and they to seem to enjoy the plush interiors of a car!!!!

Old 2nd May 2005, 09:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Put a mosquito coil for half hour when the car is parked at your place. Keep the window glass opened a bit. Keep the coil/stand on a plate otherwise you'll have holes in your carpet.
Old 2nd May 2005, 11:34   #3
BHPian

i also have experienced the same problem, in case i fill up petrol from a pump in the eveining, the moment i open my car door or the window these pesky creatures( i hate them , UGH) come right in and harrass me all the time.

so i then take the coil, burn it , like rudra sir said, on an aluminium plate and keep it in the car. i keep the glasses open half so no more mosquitoes can come in and by half an hour they are gone. then i roll up the glasses and leave a small gap. so any other in the corners are dead by morning.

now there is some relief and i never fill up petrol in the evenings.

shubbhi
Old 2nd May 2005, 12:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Keep one of those electronic mosquito 'bats' in the car - I forget what they're called, but they look like bright yellow badminton racquets with a black handle, and you can zap the lil buggers with mild electric current.

Quite satisfying when you hear them pop, too.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2008 at 22:15. Reason: language edit.
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:51   #5
BHPian

how about going a bit fast and opening all the windows...works for me...

i guess its easy if you have electric windows.

Otherwise open all windows and go for a fast drive. When you stop, make sure you close them quick before any more get it..
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyupc
how about going a bit fast and opening all the windows...works for me...
Keep your blower on when you do this so that the bugger does not hide in the a/c vents while you are risking life & limb to get him outta your car

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th March 2010 at 10:48. Reason: Replacing word in old post.
Old 3rd May 2005, 17:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

But wont burninga coil leave its smell inside ?
Old 4th May 2005, 08:08   #8
BHPian

well i learned this from a Cab driver in Hyderabad...
when your driving at say40-60 close all the windows and open your side door a bit and keep driving for few seconds...
wala all of them are gone...
that works...
well Cab drivers are experts with this as they have this problem DAY and NIGHT...
and it works...
i tried it myself and it works...
Old 4th May 2005, 10:06   #9
BHPian

its just a macchar it will have to lay her eggs she will go away not a big issue and if have chronic ailment of macchars getting in your car then possibly they are breeding in there where theres some stagnant water

i
Old 4th May 2005, 10:12   #10
BHPian

play some HEAVY METAL wil Full Volume...it would definetly..die listning to it...
Old 14th March 2008, 23:36   #11
BHPian

I have also been "bugged" by this issue recently. Yesterday and today I had two Gora clients in my car and there were a few of them swirling around and gay abandon. Making all four of us clap hands. One fellow was smacked by one of the Goras and there was blood all around. 'Bloody' messy I say :-)

I had read this thread before and felt that buying a Hit was the best solution to the issue. Keep it in the car and spray it on the blighters as they surface, I reasoned.

My driver had been instructed to do this in the morning, so that we arrive to pick up the Goras, mossie free. But all my plans were in vain.

Which is when I thought that I must roll up my sleeves and do something serious about it...Such as writing to this forum.

So getting to the matter on hand...or rather both the hands if you score it right...where do these creatures enter from?

I talked to a friend of mine who felt that it comes from the spaces around the gear shirt and the ABC pedals.

Any opinions?

Venkat
Old 14th March 2008, 23:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Keep one of those electronic mosquito 'bats' in the car - I forget what they're called, but they look like bright yellow badminton racquets with a black handle, and you can zap the lil ****ers with mild electric current.

Quite satisfying when you hear them pop, too.
Oh yes! its a specialized kerala artform nowadays! has replaced the "kaikottikali" that we used to do here!
Old 14th March 2008, 23:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Cover the interior and exterior of your car with Odomos
Old 14th March 2008, 23:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Try Odomos.... apply it on the car
Old 15th March 2008, 01:40   #15
BHPian

Keep a small can of Hit,Baygon etc when you park your car for the night.Spray it in your car,but keep the nozzle low towards the mat and lock your car voila the next day no mosq.. or roaches(if present in your car)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks