Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2005, 18:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj

Curves after Calicut
Just curious.. were you on the right side of the road or is it the view from the rear?
Old 25th May 2005, 18:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
Just curious.. were you on the right side of the road or is it the view from the rear?
hahahaha.... good observation.
We had stopped at a "viewpoint".

Amitoj
Old 26th May 2005, 13:44   #18
BHPian

Amitoj, where exactly was the view point after calicut? is it somewhere in wyanad?

The mysore is best avoided at all times of day. There is another route from Mysore to Bangalore via Bannur - Malavalli - Kanakapura. I would think its much better. had been on that road 2 weeks back. will put up a report on the state of that road in a couple of days time....
Old 26th May 2005, 14:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
Amitoj, where exactly was the view point after calicut? is it somewhere in wyanad?
If I am right the place that Amitoj Shot was about 5 km before the Waynad enterance (one way at a time to the police checkpost). Damn I am missing that drive to calicut the route still looks tempting to me after the numerous trips I did for my PG.

Amitoj : really good snaps brings back great memories
Old 26th May 2005, 14:15   #20
BHPian

I have done this route too... awesome route... especially the lakkidi part .... we had done this route in the kerala monsoons... was just awesome!!!!!!!
Old 26th May 2005, 17:16   #21
BHPian

The shortest route would be Bangalore-Hunsur-Gonigoppa-Iritty-Mattannur-Kannur. That is around 330 kms. This route is Ok except for around 2kms of really horrible streach between Gonigoppa and Iritty. And Amitoj,my advise would be not to use this route if you are planning go by your zen. It is almost impossible to take Zen through this small streach without scratching the bottom.
The other probable option as somebody pointed out is via Bangalore-Mysore-Gundalpet-SultanBathery-MananthaVadi-Koothuparamba-Kannur. This distance is almost 100 Km more than earlier one but roads are much better, route is scenic, you can mostly see wild elephants on the way also.
Going to calicut first and then Kannur would be a big mistake and Kasargod route is too lengthy.

Bytheway, I am from Kannur. Amitoj, let me know if you need any more information.
Old 26th May 2005, 17:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Psycho, spot on. Thats exactly where i took that snap. The road was a dream! But 5 kms was hardly enough to quench the thirst.

Siva, I wish you had given me this info a week back! As it turned out, i did end up taking the hunsur route while going. On the way back, i went to Calicut coz i wanted to visit the college i graduated from. Boy did THAT bring back memories.

Rahul, i have some snaps of the college as well... rajpath, MC etc. Lemme know via pm if you would like to see them.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 27th May 2005, 10:02   #23
BHPian

Sorry Amitoj, I saw this threa yesterday only.
Old 27th May 2005, 11:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag

amitoj,
where is this road.is it on the nh17?????
co-ordinates pleaseeeeeeee.and how har is this from mangalore???

what was the max that u did?????the time taken???FE......details please.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks