Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 08:18   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Anyone into multi-level marketing?

Amway tactics are being used to peddle bitcoin these days:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5265332 (The Cryptocurrency & NFT Thread)

The product changes with time, the scam remains the same- lure more people into the pyramid below you! The approach tactic also remains constant- approach a stranger who looks like they might have some money at a public place, start some random, friendly conversation, then pitch.

Last edited by am1m : 19th April 2022 at 08:20.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 08:40   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Had my first experience yesterday with a MLM representative.

Then he started making a pyramid and saying I bring two guys, those two guys bring two each and then voila, we all will be driving an Audi someday.
I felt sorry for the chap that he fell victim of this MLM plot and now wasting his time duping others.

This guy was from a company called Ebiz and they are selling IT courses, some 100 plus maybe. Told me, sir, you can learn HTML and various other things from this and then one day when you'll start your business, you can make your website by yourself. I asked him, isn't it better that I let some IT company to work on my website so that I could focus better on my business.

He wasn't done yet. Begged me to attend their seminar on the coming Sunday. Somehow, I managed to escape from that place and last night searched the web about this company.

I was shocked how so many have been a victim of this Ebiz scam. Worst thing is, they still think it will make them rich and are blindly following their seniors.

Saw a video on YouTube in which the Ebiz founder, Pawan Malhan came on stage and how students in thousands, all raised both their hands as if they have seen some God! This led me to a question- How gullible can some people be!
If anyone is wondering how the eBiz story ended : https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...s-2023891.html

One of my college acquaintances was involved in this in 2017. He kept talking about how he was involved in entrepreneurship and running an education business, while he was getting more arrears with every passing year himself!
I still believed he was working on something and maybe that's why he wasn't focusing on his college studies, until a couple of months ago when I asked my friends what he was up to and they mentioned eBiz!

Quoting something I found shocking : "Police found that Pawan used all his contacts to weaken the cases against him and turn the victims hostile so that the cases are disposed-off easily in the court. Despite this, if there is strong evidence which can stand against him in the court, then he would move the courts seeking bail or file a petition alleging harassment from the investigating agencies."

My friends also mentioned that they faced pressure to join, and once you're in, they keep up-selling you on "courses" and harass you if you don't partake or can't bring more people in. I feel sorry for the 17 lakh members cheated by this scam.
rkv_2401 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 20:42   #123
Team-BHP Support

One MLM idiot went on Dragon's Den (like Shark Tank) to pitch...

He got laughed out of there... he wanted to make the dragons his MLM downline distributors.

Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks