Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 08:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No lift or stairs for me, I like to climb up the side of the building like spiderman. You stairwalking bunch are really lazy.
Sam you are too much(even these words fall short for you now)
Old 20th March 2009, 09:36   #17
BHPian

We probably have one of the slowest elevators around in our mill, which encourages people to use the stairs.

As for me, I've been using the elevator of late, but then my office is on the 3rd floor (4th floor in an average sized building).
Old 20th March 2009, 09:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I'm afraid I don't have a choice...because of a back pain,
Hey SS,

How do you manage the long hauls with this pain? You are planning a jaunt to Bhutan, right? I have a similar problem due to my excessive biking sometimes over 18 hours at a stretch. What precautions do you take while driving, seating position, back support, et al?

Sorry all, in case this is not relevant in this thread
Old 20th March 2009, 09:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yeah this gets my goat too - amongst others:
* taking the elevator for one floor
* taking the car out of the basement, driving the one way around the apartment (nearly 1/2 a km) for doing minor groceries/haircut/etc about half a km away on a mostly low-traffic road
* taking an auto to go for lunch at a restaurant a 10 minute stroll away (it takes 5 mins to hail one anyhow)
* by and large, driving a car all alone for a 2-5 kms commute
Old 20th March 2009, 09:51   #20
BHPian

I object, My Lord!!

Hey guys,

I strenuously object to the word lazy. I would rather call people like me conservationists. We conserve energy, use optimum energy to complete a task. For example, getting on to the 2nd floor from ground floor, what we do is
1. Use optimum energy to walk up to the lift and press the call button.
2. Wait for the lift to come down; till then conserve energy
3. Enter the lift and conserve more energy more energy till we get to the destination.

Just think, if it were not for conservationists like me, we wouldn't have more convenience in life, like trains, button start vehicles (as against kick start), tv remote controls, auto-lock remote key systems...you name it. Behind every great invention and technology advance lies a mind that puts energy conservation first (or there lies a lazy man, in your words).

So, please re-word lazy as energy conservationists for future discussions in this thread.

PS: I am thinking of a PIL to get this word out of the dictionary and English vocabulary. Can someone help?
Old 20th March 2009, 10:03   #21
BHPian

Taking stairs or lift in my company, depends upon the pretty girls (very few) in the company
Old 20th March 2009, 10:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Though Im overweight..Im quite agile and active,though sometimes lazy...like this morning after last night party:
- Asked my 2 1/2 yr old son to fetch my mobile on my table.
- Didnt flash indicators on the raod while taking a U-Turn (Sheer laziness).
- Couldnt bend down to release the boot lid lever for Security check at Office gate.
- Last but not the least..did tail gating into my office door as the Id card was somewhere in the laptop bag...
Old 20th March 2009, 10:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Taking stairs or lift in my company, depends upon the pretty girls (very few) in the company
Reminds me of the days when I used to climb up a zillion stairs all the way up to 9th floor just to follow the pretty gal who used to go upto 5th. Did this for 7-8 months until i left the company. By the way I still dont know her name

Edit: Since I was so useless in life, now my cubicle is on ground floor.
Old 20th March 2009, 10:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its recession time. Climbing stairs will burn more calories, and make you more hungry. So you will eat more food. With such expensive food, and no salary hikes, its unaffordable to climb stairs
What a nick Tanveer! I always take stairs no matter on which floor (ofc on 5th flr) I need to go....but prefer to take lift after meals.

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 20th March 2009, 10:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post

So, please re-word lazy as energy conservationists for future discussions in this thread.

PS: I am thinking of a PIL to get this word out of the dictionary and English vocabulary. Can someone help?
Yeah, and in turn you are also joining the "anti green" brigade by spending green energy elsewhere. Maybe you can yourself as the "red brigade", no offence to political parties
Old 20th March 2009, 10:56   #26
BHPian

Well it boils down to personal choice. Something like Auto Trannies. They are convenient though Most manuals are a lot more fun!
Old 20th March 2009, 18:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Reminds me of the days when I used to climb up a zillion stairs all the way up to 9th floor just to follow the pretty gal who used to go upto 5th. Did this for 7-8 months until i left the company. By the way I still dont know her name
dude, you need to talk to hitch
Old 20th March 2009, 19:01   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Reminds me of the days when I used to climb up a zillion stairs all the way up to 9th floor just to follow the pretty gal who used to go upto 5th.
You should have taken the lift from 5th to 9th then...
Old 20th March 2009, 19:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You should have taken the lift from 5th to 9th then...
well...daydreaming may be
Old 20th March 2009, 19:37   #30
BHPian

Got into a lift on the ground floor of an apartment. As I was about to close the door, a plump boy, about 7 or 8 years, comes running up shouting "lift, lift". So I wait and he enters followed by his plumper father.

Boy presses the first floor button. Father slaps son on the butt and says "Oye, is umar mein lift, aur woh bhi first floor ke liye? Sharam aani chahiye tere ko".

Son grins, looks at me and says to his dad "Yeh uncle idhar khade hain, isliye tum aise bol rahe ho. Mujhe maalum hain tum bhi lift mein jaana chahte they".

Father slaps son's butt again and avoids my eye. I clench my teeth to avoid laughing till they get out, and then laugh my guts out the rest of the way up (to the sixth floor, before anyone asks).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks