Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 04:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> NetfreakBombay,

My understanding is that using DHL/UPS will cost more because they will handle shipping and customs clearance so there will be charges for both. But customs duty will be zero as cost of merchandise is below Rs 10k. Am I correct?

As the merchandise won't be marked as gift, what will the merchandise be referred to? It is meant for personal use.

Regards
If merchandise is not marked as gift, there might be duty. If it is not marked as gift, no special marking is required.

UPS and DHL have duty calculator on their site. If total cost seems reasonable to you, this would be most hassle-free way.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:27   #32
BHPian

Thank you, will check and then contact the supplier.
Old 30th January 2011, 13:11   #33
BHPian

Re: Import/Export Business

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but since there was already one present on my topic so didnt want to start a new one.

My query is as follows:

I am a dealer/distributor for solar and renewable energy products for quite sometime now. I found a company which makes the products that I need and is based in Shanghai. I have seen the products and their quality personally so now I want to import them for business purpose.

1) I am completely new to the import process so should I get a license to import or do I take the help of an Importer/ clearing house agent (CHA)?

2) Is there a duty on solar energy based products, if yes then around how much is it?

3)If I have to take the help of an importer/ CHA, then I guess it would be feasible for me to get my products from Mumbai port so Is there any Importer/CHA among team-bhpians or at least known to you who would help me to do this.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks