Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2005, 11:04   #1
BHPian

Shopping spree at MB dealer Cochin

Hi Guys.

Had attended a marriage on saturday,The groom was from a family who had plans of launching their own MPV long before toyota did in india(but difference is toyota DID launch) and the bride,the daughter of the biggest car buff in kerala(if you dont count rajeev C of BPL).saw a black slk350 owned by a major liquor baron in the gulf.I have mentioned about him in some older posts.
The news is this guy booked on the same day
1.black slk 350
2.white sl350
3.silver/Golden cls 350
4.Two E270(color not known)

Took delivery of all the vehicles in a span of one week.That is one shopping I should say.Rajshree motors could have given an A class free along with this.
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen
Hi Guys.

Had attended a marriage on saturday,The groom was from a family who had plans of launching their own MPV long before toyota did in india(but difference is toyota DID launch) and the bride,the daughter of the biggest car buff in kerala(if you dont count rajeev C of BPL).
Are you referring to Rajah Motors/ Kajah Beedi who launched the Kazwa MPV (yeah they did sell a limited number) ?

Rajeev C of BPL is not the biggest car buff in Kerala since he hardly comes to Kerala anyway. Each of his visits is a financial strain (and drain) on his (or should I say his father-in-law's) group companies, in any case.
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:18   #3
BHPian

Yes Kazwa indeed.They have two hovercrafts at their resort home
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Kazwa indeed.They have two hovercrafts at their resort home
I've seen that dude flip a Gypsy over while taking a turn at an insane speed, crawl out, push it back on to its wheels and drive off like nothing had happened. This was in 1994, near Guruvayoor.

Anyway it goes to prove that Beedi and Gutka are where the real moolah is. Why are we wasting our time on consulting, software, and other such boring stuff?

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd May 2005 at 12:33.
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

I read an article about that Kazwa once in auto india, on retrospect, that project sounds so impossible!!
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Are you referring to Rajah Motors/ Kajah Beedi who launched the Kazwa MPV (yeah they did sell a limited number) ?

you mean the reverse engineered Renault Espace
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
you mean the reverse engineered Renault Espace
Thought it was the reverse engineered Renault Scenic, but nevermind - it was a reverse-engineered Renault MPV in a Fibreglass body with a turbo-charged Isuzu (Conti) diesel engine sitting on a Contessa chassis.

Nice idea, good execution, but didnt really click. Or he made it for himself and sold a few extra pieces to finance his creation...
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I've seen that dude flip a Gypsy over while taking a turn at an insane speed, crawl out, push it back on to its wheels and drive off like nothing had happened. This was in 1994, near Guruvayoor.

Anyway it goes to prove that Beedi and Gutka are where the real moolah is. Why are we wasting our time on consulting, software, and other such boring stuff?
Well I saw one guy flip his gypsy over along with a load of people. The thing was that the gypsy flipped 4 times ... And then the gang got out put it right and then carried on. This dude is a legend in Trivandrum - called Val-tube. Don't know if you guys have heard of him. This was during my engineering college days - 1996 I think.
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:57   #9
BHPian

Rajah house(ancestral house of kaja) has a huge workshop with 20 odd mechanics just to take care of their cars(new and vintage),a paint booth,a water service booth etc.you guys must have noticed their battery powered cherooke kinda jeeps for kids.With huge tyres and alloys.I have seen their ads in auto india loong back in the classified sections.
Old 4th October 2005, 02:18   #10
BHPian

porsche n ferrari....

the latest addition to kajah folks' collection is a ferrari( donno wich model) & a porsche cayenne S [btw i rmmbr seein their landcruiser n range rover while waitin for skoolbus ( "LKG" AD 1988)] ;-)

Quote:
Hi Guys.

Had attended a marriage on saturday,The groom was from a family who had plans of launching their own MPV long before toyota did in india(but difference is toyota DID launch) and the bride,the daughter of the biggest car buff in kerala(if you dont count rajeev C of BPL).saw a black slk350 owned by a major liquor baron in the gulf.I have mentioned about him in some older posts.
The news is this guy booked on the same day
1.black slk 350
2.white sl350
3.silver/Golden cls 350
4.Two E270(color not known)

Took delivery of all the vehicles in a span of one week.That is one shopping I should say.Rajshree motors could have given an A class free along with this.
Old 22nd February 2007, 23:59   #11

guys..i am from the kajah beedi family...and half of wht u've posted is not true!!
Old 23rd February 2007, 05:45   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleem959 View Post
guys..i am from the kajah beedi family...and half of wht u've posted is not true!!
Then would you please post what is true ?
Old 23rd February 2007, 08:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Did'nt knew Khaja beedi ( or Dinesh for that matter) still sells! . What amazed me can you make such money from Beedi business!!!
Old 23rd February 2007, 16:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Well I saw one guy flip his gypsy over along with a load of people. The thing was that the gypsy flipped 4 times ... And then the gang got out put it right and then carried on. This dude is a legend in Trivandrum - called Val-tube. Don't know if you guys have heard of him. This was during my engineering college days - 1996 I think.
You mean 'valvetube' hehehe... i know that guy. He was the friend of a friend.
Old 23rd February 2007, 16:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
This discussion has all the chance of going to Val-Tube discussion. I too have heard about this guy. Although i was in Kollam, my Tvm friends says stories connected to this fellow. Don't remeber anythign about that now.
I will ring up my Tvm friends and try to recollect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks