Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 15:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.

I was part surprised and part happy about this Innovative campaign which appeared on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website:
Campaings -* Hyderabad Traffic Police

which is part of:

Campaings -* Hyderabad Traffic Police

Here are some of the photos from the same:

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img1.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img2.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img4.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img5.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img6.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img7.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img10.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img12.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img13.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img16.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img19.jpg

Name:  img20.JPG
Views: 2689
Size:  195.8 KB

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img21.jpg

Innovative photo campaign on the Hyderabad Traffic Police website.-img22.jpg
Old 25th May 2009, 15:41   #2
BHPian

Interesting! they should replicate this on outdoor hoardings both in english and telegu.
Old 25th May 2009, 16:32   #3
BANNED

Nice..

They should penalise the folks in the act and publish their pictures too.

Like a before and after pic.
Old 25th May 2009, 16:47   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Good One Raj. But, you know how hyderabad folks are ( rebellious or care two hoots types) and i am quite sure this will too fall on deaf ears and blind eyes.
Old 25th May 2009, 16:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice campaign! The cellphone and scarf dude taking the iceing and the cherry.
Very unlike Pune, where the RTO has huge banners of gory pictures of people
lying in a pool of blood. Where ? outside RTO office Pune (Maldhakka bridge)
Dunno if they have removed the posters now though!
Old 25th May 2009, 17:03   #6
BHPian

Nice campaign, but I am sure that there would very little that would change. No offences meant to any Hyderabadi (me being a born Hyderabadi and still one at heart), they have a serious attitude issue and until that is resolved, there cannot be any improvements in the way they drive.
Old 25th May 2009, 17:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

While this campaign may not reach the Aaam Jantha in Hyderabad. It can be reached to the educated lot who has access to Internet through us. I am sure you might have come across many such morons (I call them the Moroneese, from the land of Moronland) who are educated but illiterate on the roads of Hyderabad(and other cities too).

While launching this campaign, the target audience, I am sure is the tech savy jantha. I can recollect many instances where the so called educated people putting their visa application to Moronland. And I am sure many of you can recollect such experiences.

Here the question is not whether this campaign reached Aam jantha or not. What really matters is, did the message is put across to the educated illiterates or not. What did we learn from this and what changes are we willing to bring upon in ourselves?

Change can not be brought about in a large section in a single go. It would be more effective if sections of people are motivated to change. As regards with sections of people, the following scenario could be a fantasy(vision??) but I would like to share with you all:

In certain cities, the cab drivers, the auto drivers, the bus drivers are branded as Morons by default - the reason being that most of them show the characteristics of Moroneese. Imagine if the White-collar guys getting a recognition on the road as the most civilized lot on the road(may in the distant future or near future) and the rest of the folks would want to get similar recognition. Oh boy! that is one hell of an achievement for the traffic police.

May be this photo campaign may not get this result but I think with consistent effort such a change can be brought and this campaign is just a step in that direction.

- just my 2 cents worth dream(vision??).
Old 25th May 2009, 23:03   #8
BHPian

Nice capture of a "small" part of the havoc in HyderaBAD!!! Good initiative but I'm almost certain that the results would be NULL and VOID.

Rules are broken every second with gay abandon so much so that nobody considers it an offense anymore. I'd safely assume that it would take at least 5 generations of civilization to see any noticeable change here. I'm forced to think it is more of a cultural problem than just attitude.

I have almost a week's collection of manic Hyderabad traffic videos recorded by my DashCAM during my drive to office at various times of the day. Will post them as soon as I find time to compress the videos.
Old 25th May 2009, 23:46   #9
BHPian

No offence, but its hard to believe that cops are this creative. May be they had an ad agency to do it.. nevertheless great effort. Now,if only they post it on the roads.
And the college kids, you really have to beat them up. No harm at all.
Old 26th May 2009, 04:29   #10
BHPian

Haha I just zoomed in on the 8th pic, that's actually one of my friend's cousin's who's popped the wheelie. He's in college and a wild child at that.

I hope he feels some remorse when I tell him his photo's posted online on a police website.

It's great to post such photos, but until the cops really crack down on such violations there's no way they'll stop! The best advertising is word of mouth.

here in Mumbai the damn cops break all these rules too! They ride without helmets, and I've seen 4 cops on a pulsar head out for a chai break!

Worst part I saw a cop who had no helmet resting on his motorcycle writing "challans" for other bikers without helmets!

Oh when will this hypocrisy stop!!!
Old 26th May 2009, 07:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
No offence, but its hard to believe that cops are this creative. May be they had an ad agency to do it.. nevertheless great effort. Now,if only they post it on the roads.
And the college kids, you really have to beat them up. No harm at all.
No, I actually saw traffic police at various junctions in the city armed with digital cameras (looked like good ones too) a couple of weeks back. I wondered what they were for, but now I know. I reckon they probably had a best picture competition or something....

And about the college kids...they're not all bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks