Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2016, 12:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Summoned from Lok Adalat

I faced a similar situation with Reliance NetConnect during 2008-09. I made several requests in 2008 to disconnect the services and close my account, but they persisted with their mischief for more than a year and finally gave me a bill of INR 6200 in October 2009. I visited a Reliance customer care center in Rajajinagar to raise a complaint, the executive asked me to change my account to pre-paid plan since Reliance will never close an account. This idea worked and I did not face any issue later from Reliance. I just ignored the bills which I got from Reliance and they could do nothing. I am now fighting a similar case against SBI Credit Cards.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th November 2016 at 12:06.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:07   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
the executive asked me to change my account to pre-paid plan since Reliance will never close an account. This idea worked and I did not face any issue later from Reliance.

How come Reliance switched to Prepaid account without clearing the outstanding bill amount? In case of Airtel I was asked to settle the entire outstanding before we switched to Prepaid.
Old 17th November 2016, 14:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

How come Reliance switched to Prepaid account without clearing the outstanding bill amount? In case of Airtel I was asked to settle the entire outstanding before we switched to Prepaid.
I had enough proof with me to show them how they were avoiding to close my account. My termination request was kept open for 6 months, they continued to bill me till I responded legally. Even after this Reliance did not close my account and finally the Customer Executive helped me out. Still, my prepaid account is active, although I have never recharged in last 7 years. I fought with SBI recently for a similar issue, SBI kept my credit card account active for 2 years, although I had requested them to close the card account. When I took a loan in September this year, my credit rating was severely affected as SBI showed the outstanding amount against my name which was overdue for 6 months, I escalated the matter to the CEO Help desk, and within a week's time SBI issued a no due certificate against my Card account and apologized for whatever happened.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th November 2016 at 14:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks