Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 22:15   #1
BANNED

No ICE, just MUSIC: The Musicians Thread

Hi everyone. Every has got ICE in his/her car and we all love listening to music. But how many BHPians actually make the music. In other words how many of you are Musicians (Professional or Ameteur). Post details of the type of music, which instrument (category, type, brand) you play and anything related to playing music.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:44   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
Hi everyone. Every has got ICE in his/her car and we all love listening to music. But how many BHPians actually make the music. In other words how many of you are Musicians (Professional or Ameteur). Post details of the type of music, which instrument (category, type, brand) you play and anything related to playing music.

We(Me - Siva and my friend - Shammeer) started making music some 3 years ago. We both play keyboards, but am more of a sound programmer, arranger and do mixing and mastering too. We loosely come under alternative and slow rock. Actually, we make music on the flow, never worry about genres . We heavily use Piano, Acoustic & Electric Guitars, fiddles/violins and rock rhythms in our compositions.

We have released our first album 2 weeks back. I cant post the link of our site here. I can PM u if you want.
Old 25th June 2009, 08:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have a GB&A Acoustic Guitar. I'm still learning to play.
Old 25th June 2009, 08:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for Off Topic:

More appropriate title would be

No ICE - Just on the Rocks !!!
Old 25th June 2009, 10:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

I used to make noise (you cant call what I did making music) some 25-30 years ago.

I still have a 2 of the guitars (A white Strat, a home made guitar using Dimarzio pickups, Grover heads, Floyd Rose Tremelo, maple neck-ebony fretboard, etc.). Used to have a Sunburst Les Paul and a White Takamine (a la Jackson Browne) that a friend "borrowed" never to give them back - that was 20 years ago. I sold my JCM900 for lack of space. I still have 2 Marshalls including a 12W Lead and a 15W Studio (Thin Lizzy-4001). One other amp (Marshall 1974X) has been at a friend's place for about 10 years. Dont do much nowadays.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have a Fender Stratocaster and play with a couple of friends with a Bass and a synth. Rock music, if you can call it that. Sold my Ibanez to a member on TBHP a while ago. Don't have a lot of time to jam these days though...
Old 28th June 2009, 09:18   #7
BHPian

I have a Yamaha Pacifica electirc guitar, a small Marshall 15 DFX amp and Boss GT 10 effects processor. Play a little at times, and like listening to Joe Satriani, Jeff Beck and Van Halen to name a few.

Used to be quite serious about Guitar a while back, but after starting to work and especially after getting married, don't get any time to spend with the guitar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks