Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 12:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Avoidable monsoon trouble spots (NCR)

Folks,

Now that the first rains have hit Delhi, can the potholes be far behind. Just after a few showers Delhi roads have started to crumble.

There are some perpetual trouble spots ( in NCR) that are best avoided in this season. I would like al of you to contribute so that we all can benefit:

1) Road opposite Kalindi Kunj from Noida to Sarita Vihar. Huge cracks have appeared all over the road and the surface has stated to disintegrate after the initial showers. It is best to avoid this road especially during morning and evening peak hours.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:19   #2
BHPian

Some other spots to avoid are:

Mahipalpur - especially if you are coming from Vasant Kunj
Golf Course Road in Gurgaon - gets really nasty(flooded) near Sunciti
MG road
Model Town(especially areas behind the IInd stop market)
Some approach roads to DND flyover
Old 1st July 2009, 15:08   #3
BHPian

The entire stretch from Defence Colony flyover to Moolchand flyover usually is choc-a-bloc during monsoons, especially with the BRT now making its contribution.

Also, a lot of water tends to accumulate at the foot of the Oberoi flyover (going towards Pragati Maidan). A few splashes of rain and the place starts looking like freaking Mumbai!
Old 1st July 2009, 15:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Gurgaon-If you experience heavy rainfall avoid paras hospital road except when you are driving a SUV.
Old 1st July 2009, 15:35   #5
BHPian

kalindi Kunj. Be ready to speand at least 20-30 minutes to cover the distance from Jasola red light to Yamuna bridge.

\N
Old 1st July 2009, 16:09   #6
BHPian

One of the Colonies to be avoided is the Essel Towers @ Gurgaon ( Near IFFCO Chowk ) , the whole complex becomes like a swimming pool , water reached upto my Esteem's bumpers ( just below headlight ).

The problem with Essel Complex is that it doesnt have a proper drainage for the rain water , as it lies in low area surronded by high areas outside the complex . so i avoid meeting my friend in Essel Towers
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Outer Ring Road From IIT Delhi till Rao Tula Ram Road is alo mess due o the flyover construction and the heavy traffic headed towards gurgaon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks