Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 17:54   #1

OBD-2 Handheld Scanner NPD: Survey

Hello Guys,

I feel this is the right place to ask you guys for an opinion on one of the new products my Organization is developing.

This is a kind of survey I am trying to do on my own as the product is related to Automotive field. It would be of great help as I know people here are the most qualified one and it would be a first hand opinion. Thanks to you all in advance!

Here goes the preliminary specs:

The product is going to be an 'On Board Diagnosis', a handheld device which can interface with any car through an OBD2 connector. The product will have an LCD display which can show graphs and other details pertaining to the health of the car.

I guess most of the 'authorised' service stations should be having this kind of a device may be through a laptop or a little more sophisticated hardware which has the ability to 'read' and 'write' as well (I need some light to be thrown on this as I own an old-generation car and yet to see first-hand how this thing goes/ works).

Our idea is to provide a low cost solution which can only 'read' and should cost in the range of say, INR 4000/-. The market we are looking at is local mechanics and may be enthusiasts as well.

Currently the project is in the 'concept' and data collection stage. Specifications are yet to be frozen.

What do you say guys?
Old 11th July 2009, 12:30   #2
rippergeo

4k is a good price if it shows everything that we need. Essential stuff like boost pressure, IAT, fuel rail pressure, coolant temp, fuel injected per min, airflow, oil pressure and temp . The write function can be offered as an option and there should be some memory in it to log atleast a few mins data. A bigger screen could also be offered as an option.we should be able to choose The parameters being displayed and the size of the font its being displayed at. I'll pay if its available at that price with a good warranty

Old 13th July 2009, 11:05   #3

Many thanks Rippergeo!

We already have included data-logging memory and bigger display with a 'front-end' just the way you have described.

About the parameters it should be able to read/ display, we still need to get into this.

We will certainly bring out a dependable product to the market with a 6 months/ 1year warranty. I will keep you all posted about the developments for sure!

Thanks again!
Old 16th November 2009, 14:31   #4
BHPian

Is this something like the one mentioned here?
ECU and OBD II Vehicle Diagnostics Explained Scantools and Code Readers - Home Page

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks