Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 20:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Reliable kennels in B'lore?

MODS: I tried to search through the existing threads to find more information on what I'm looking for. If another thread does exist, please do the needful.

I'm looking to get some information on reliable kennels in B'lore. My in-laws have 2 dogs (a 11-year old Lab-Pointer mix; and a 2-year yold Pug), and the 2 canines need to be kept in a kennel for about 33 days in Nov-Dec. The in-laws will be visiting us, to help with the arrival of our 1st baby.

Can anyone provide a list of reputed/trustworthy kennels where the two dogs could be kept? Also, what would the average cost of the boarding be?
My in-laws live close to Hennur/Banaswadi, so something around the area would be good. Having said that,we'r not really limited by the location. We'r looking for some place that will take good care of the dogs,and be affordable at the same time.

I'd appreciate any inputs here.
Thanks!

Nitin
Old 20th August 2009, 14:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

@Nitin, checked with our trainer. He's relatives can take care of your babies, and rate being quoted is 200 per day per dog. They're in JP nagar 3rd phase, on the inner ring road ..
Old 20th August 2009, 14:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

There is a pet shop in Indiranagar called Glenads, I am not sure about the name. They have a pet store as well as a grooming parlor for pets. They should be able to help. I recollect they used to offer services like you require.

This is the cut opposite Kanti sweets on CMH road.
Old 21st August 2009, 00:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll get more details from the respective pet stores. For some reason, I feel that Rs200 a day is on the higher side. I've never had pets in India,nor do I have an idea on these things so the numbers seem rather high.
(I have 2 dogs here,and I pay $10 a day for each of them when I put them in the kennel. )
Old 21st August 2009, 00:47   #5
BHPian

Hey Nithin, You can call Yashban Kennels for boarding your dogs. They are located in Byrathi cross (which is very close to Hennur and you were looking for a kennel near hennur). You can contact them at 9844058080 and speak to Mrs. Yashodhara. They have a tie up with Glenands. Any person who approaches Glenands for boarding, grooming services is referred to Yashbans. Their grooming parlour is called Fuzzy Wuzzy which is located in Indiranagar (opp to Glenands).

You can refer my name (Ulhas) you might get a discount too .
Old 21st August 2009, 07:24   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

pal 200 bucks a day is not bad at all especially when it includes grub.
consider that your 10 USD equates to 440 per day if that is a consideration.
plus asa far as I know Yashbans is good - there is one more behind Manipal hospital and there is also a lady I know who looks after pets in her home - all of them charge between 200-300 per day per dog.

even cartman clinic in koramangala has plenty of kennels and their charges also are about the same.
think on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Thanks for the info, guys. I'll get more details from the respective pet stores. For some reason, I feel that Rs200 a day is on the higher side. I've never had pets in India,nor do I have an idea on these things so the numbers seem rather high.
(I have 2 dogs here,and I pay $10 a day for each of them when I put them in the kennel. )
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good. Thanks again guys. I'll work on this and let you know where the dogs end up being boarded.
Old 15th October 2009, 03:13   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Sounds good. Thanks again guys. I'll work on this and let you know where the dogs end up being boarded.
Nitin,
Have your folks considered a security guard for their house? My relatives gave a training course on feeding and walking their dogs to the security dude who ended up developing a very good bonding with the dogs and took good care of them. Paying a few extra bucks may address both issues, just sharing food for thought.
-Prasadee
Old 15th October 2009, 03:27   #9
BHPian

You can try CUPA, it’s clean and also they take care of it really well. I have left my Neapolitan Mastiff and St. Bernard there as renovation is going on at my grand ma’s place. I am paying Rs.250 per day as they are huge breed. For small breed it will cost you less.
Old 16th October 2009, 03:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Nitin,
Have your folks considered a security guard for their house? My relatives gave a training course on feeding and walking their dogs to the security dude who ended up developing a very good bonding with the dogs and took good care of them. Paying a few extra bucks may address both issues, just sharing food for thought.
-Prasadee
Good point there, Prasad. The only thing is the colony has a guard 24/7, and he sits right in front of my in-law's house. He's not an animal person, unfortunately. Will check if anyone else is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
You can try CUPA, it’s clean and also they take care of it really well. I have left my Neapolitan Mastiff and St. Bernard there as renovation is going on at my grand ma’s place. I am paying Rs.250 per day as they are huge breed. For small breed it will cost you less.
Thanks for the info, Vinay. I wasn't aware that CUPA had boarding facilities available. Definitely something to check out, since the dogs will be in the hands of complete animal lovers, hence more attention would be given.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks