Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 17:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Want to do CCNA

As the topic says, i want to do CCNA certification.
Anyone been there done that, please let me know the procedure. How, when and where.
Please note that i am working and can't afford time for classroom course. I do have adequate networking/telecom knowledge though. ( I am working on VoIP domain).
Old 21st August 2009, 18:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
As the topic says, i want to do CCNA certification.
Anyone been there done that, please let me know the procedure. How, when and where.
Please note that i am working and can't afford time for classroom course. I do have adequate networking/telecom knowledge though. ( I am working on VoIP domain).
Passing is around 810 out of 1000. It is a 1.5 hrs exam with different types of questions and some simulated scenarios that you need to do inside a command-line. With Cisco and Prometric, you can basically walk-in and book an exam anytime in the future or on the same day after half-an-hour.

I referred to Todd Lammle's book along with some of Chris Bryant's material and lots of practicals using GNS3 (google it) and downloaded Cisco IOS images.
Old 21st August 2009, 19:48   #3
BHPian

Todd Lammle's sufficient for the certification, You could refer to cisco dot com slash univercd to read more.
Old 21st August 2009, 19:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

GNS3/Dynamips will be your friend in long way. But, Key will be getting IOS images for these simulators.

Best of luck!
Old 21st August 2009, 20:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Do the CCNA Voice not just CCNA if you are into VoIP.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:09   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Passing is around 810 out of 1000. It is a 1.5 hrs exam with different types of questions and some simulated scenarios that you need to do inside a command-line. With Cisco and Prometric, you can basically walk-in and book an exam anytime in the future or on the same day after half-an-hour.

I referred to Todd Lammle's book along with some of Chris Bryant's material and lots of practicals using GNS3 (google it) and downloaded Cisco IOS images.
could we get the cisco IOS images for free. i mean are they available for free from cisco website or we have to pay for them.
Old 5th November 2009, 17:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
could we get the cisco IOS images for free. i mean are they available for free from cisco website or we have to pay for them.
You get IOS images with a support contract, which is basically when you buy Cisco routers brand new, or when you sign a contract seperately. They are not available for sale directly, though the usual *wink wink* places have them in big packages of 10-20 IOS images of all the major routers and major IOS releases.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:34   #8
BHPian

thanks pranav for pointing to the usual *wink wink* place

BTW do you have idea about CCNP. i mean like can it be done without doing CCNA.

i was going through Todd's book, and i guess i know most of the things, so i was thinking to try for CCNP without CCNA, is it possible?
Old 6th November 2009, 09:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
thanks pranav for pointing to the usual *wink wink* place

BTW do you have idea about CCNP. i mean like can it be done without doing CCNA.

i was going through Todd's book, and i guess i know most of the things, so i was thinking to try for CCNP without CCNA, is it possible?
CCNP Prerequisites
Valid CCNA certification or any CCIE Certification can act as a pre-requisite.

source CCNP Certification - Cisco Systems
Old 6th November 2009, 10:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

You will need a previous CCNA certification. However, this is something that I've heard people can do. What you do is start appearing for the CCNP exams. There are 4 of them (bcmsn, bsci, iscw, ont), so you only need a CCNA before you're about to give and pass the 4th exam. Give 3 exams in whatever order, then just give the CCNA, pass it, and give the 4th exam. Not sure if this works, but make sure to ask the Prometric people, perhaps on their website as the Indian employees will/might not be aware of this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks