Team-BHP - Great New Business Ideas for Start Ups!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Great New Business Ideas for Start Ups! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/64942-great-new-business-ideas-start-ups.html)

Hey Folks,

Keeping future trends in mind what new concepts do you guys reckon could be sucessful business enterprises in the following categories:

Internet
Allied Services
Financial
Real Estate
Manufacturing
Medicine

Inputs could also include new business ideas recently launched and doing well. Your inputs would be much valued :)

I dont think anyone would simply disclose their million dollar ideas just like that :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1469897)
Your inputs would be much valued

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1469902)
I dont think anyone would simply disclose their million dollar ideas just like that

My inputs will be valued but not millions, just 1000 usd per idea.:D[recession time discount rate for bhpians ]
Any takers?:p

Medicine. People will keep falling sick. Swine Flu and all that jazz...

I am no business man though.

Bio-fuels/alternative fuels.
Medicines.

The travel industry will only grow, what with disposable incomes & time. If you're thinking at the high end of the market, work along the lines of "premium all-inclusive travel holidays" around India. Cater to a global clientelle. One of the major apprehensions that foreigners have, while planning a Indian holiday, is security & hygiene. Make it an all inclusive. Airport pickup, road trips across India in convoys, staying in 5 - 10 bedroom bungalows (with chef et all) instead of 5 star hotels, your own local tour guides, 24x7 security, bottled water & clean food...you'll get the gist. Basically, from the time that they land till the time of departure, your company is caring for them in the best way possible. Premium price = premium service. Your USP will be guaranteed security & hygiene, a homely atmosphere (travelling in groups too), end to end solution and taking them to places that only locals can (so many spots in India that can blow your mind). I was thinking along similar lines in 2003 and even ran a project report. 3.0 lakh all inclusive price for a months holiday still (IIRC) left about a 1.35 lakh net profit.

Then, Team-BHP happened and took all my time away :)

Become a mercenary for hire and go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Ashish/green horn the world has become a flat place and no idea can ever remain a secret; execution, strategy, and tactical movment may stay unique and secret but not the idea. If you hole up ideas they always remain there ;) be open to the world the world will return the same. Here is an idea for you guys why don't you go and start a firm which is in the ideas business :)

Spitfire somehow knew you and guys like you will contribute.

DCEite bio fuels stand alone? There is Renuka sugars and a host of others already doing it and they too are an integrated play as in bio fuel is a biproduct the days are too early any thoughts. Other alternate energy area are also struggling in India as raw mat supply is not organised. agian early days baring some traction in electric cars? Agian in the west the premuim ones seem to offer traction and the sucess of which remains to be seen lots of money laready pumped in. the rest is hybrid time to start which is goen 5 years ago added to which you need to be in the combustion auto business to start with!

Medcine any specifics?

hey thanks GTO good one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 1469989)
Become a mercenary for hire and go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

lol: but its better to be a politician in India, I am talking about billions without any hard work.

I had something very similar in mind, controlled by a travel portal, which connects to the best resources in India and let cutomer watch while we do the planning for them and even participate in planning, providing premium and more personal touch.

Did all the planning, designed portal, Identify how to connect to Service Providers, Agents and Private owners.

Still have not managed to move ahead with all that blue print ready

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1469982)
The travel industry will only grow, what with disposable incomes & time. If you're thinking at the high end of the market, work along the lines of "premium all-inclusive travel holidays" around India. Cater to a global clientelle. One of the major apprehensions that foreigners have, while planning a Indian holiday, is security & hygiene. Make it an all inclusive. Airport pickup, road trips across India in convoys, staying in 5 - 10 bedroom bungalows (with chef et all) instead of 5 star hotels, your own local tour guides, 24x7 security, bottled water & clean food...you'll get the gist. Basically, from the time that they land till the time of departure, your company is caring for them in the best way possible. Premium price = premium service. Your USP will be guaranteed security & hygiene, a homely atmosphere (travelling in groups too), end to end solution and taking them to places that only locals can (so many spots in India that can blow your mind). I was thinking along similar lines in 2003 and even ran a project report. 3.0 lakh all inclusive price for a months holiday still (IIRC) left about a 1.35 lakh net profit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkbharat (Post 1470006)
I had something very similar in mind, controlled by a travel portal, which connects to the best resources in India and let cutomer watch while we do the planning for them and even participate in planning, providing premium and more personal touch.

Did all the planning, designed portal, Identify how to connect to Service Providers, Agents and Private owners.

Still have not managed to move ahead with all that blue print ready

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1469982)

It can't be more merrier than this :)

I too had something of this sort in my mind, where-in a agency will be taking care of all the complete tour itinerary which even includes airport pickups, local sightseeing and toll-taxes i.e. a total stress free tour for a tourist.

Had a brief discussion with a friend in Canada whose company folks use to visit India regularly for official and personal tours. But somehow could get going due to some personal constraints.

You did got me remembered my old days :) Thanks canonball.

Art est celare Artem

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1469994)
no idea can ever remain a secret; execution, strategy, and tactical movment may stay unique and secret but not the idea.

Ok, here is one more idea free of cost to my friend.
Go in food business. You can start with small and can grow with your skills.

You are welcoem ash how about them idea though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1470067)
Ok, here is one more idea free of cost to my friend.
Go in food business. You can start with small and can grow with your skills.

The grass is greener on this side of the door (kitchen door). The food busi ness is one business that is easy to enter. It's mostly a 7 day- 14 hrs business (no personal life especially on weekends) dealing with people (customers and staff)but not easy to stick on. There's a lot more, ask me and will tell you. Family is in the business! :D