Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 00:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Which RTO in Trivandrum?

Hi guys,

I have a couple of things to get done from TVM RTO
1. Get NOC for my bike (KL 01 reg)
2. Make a correction in the DL

Now which RTO or RTOs should I go for these?
Both were done over 7 years ago and I am not sure if the same offices still operate, esp the one from where I got the DL (Vazhuthacaud, opp women's college).

Also any idea how many days would it take to issue an NOC and should the owner & the bike be physically present? The bike is in bangalore and my mom is the owner. Was wondering if just I can go and get the stuff done if I have all the original documents.

Thanks,
Jag
Old 13th November 2009, 01:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Also any idea how many days would it take to issue an NOC and should the owner & the bike be physically present? The bike is in bangalore and my mom is the owner. Was wondering if just I can go and get the stuff done if I have all the original documents.
I think you will have to go to RTO office inside east fort.

Have you received Police NOC already? If not, you will need the same from your local police station.

In one of the forms, you need to pencil-mark the impression of the chasis number and engine number (IFRC) (the impression of the plate on which the number is printed) on to the form. For police NOC, they may request to see the vehicle.

From personal experience, i did all this about a month back, and it wasn't such a smooth process like most government offices!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th November 2009 at 01:26.
Old 14th November 2009, 01:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

What is this police NOC thing? My bike is in bangalore. Can i get it done from local police here?
Don't have time to get the NOC done from here (if at all it would be accepted) since I am traveling to tvm on sunday.
Maybe this time I'll just inquire the procedure at the RTO itself and get everything done the next time I visit tvm.
- Jag

Last edited by Jaguar : 14th November 2009 at 01:20.
Old 14th November 2009, 01:46   #4
Team-BHP Support

AFAIK, police NOC has to be obtained from the local police station (Of the address in the RC book). Hence you would need to take it from trivandrum (whichever police station limit the address comes in) and not from Bangalore.

Some other notes-
RTO NOC is valid only for six months. You would need to register the bike in Bangalore within the period.

You may have to pay full life tax in Bangalore. (Not sure if there is the option of paying 1 year road tax. Chennai RTO insists on life time tax!).

Some threads for reference-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-another.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rocedures.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th November 2009 at 01:55.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
AFAIK, police NOC has to be obtained from the local police station (Of the address in the RC book). Hence you would need to take it from trivandrum (whichever police station limit the address comes in) and not from Bangalore.
Hope this helps.
Thats bad. I donno how it will be possible since the bike is in bangalore for the past 6 years. Just paid lifetime tax here and still have KL plates.
Since the bike is registered under my mom's name who was a central govt employee, there was no need to re-register. But, now that she is retired, I was thinking of changing the registration to avoid any problems in future.
I guess the easiest thing for me to bring the bike to kerala, sell it there and get a new one here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks