Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 01:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indian Oil XtraRewards Card

Registered for the Indian Oil XtraRewards Card while I filled at one of their pumps. Costed me Rs 60 for registration and was given the card AND the PIN immediately.

Some pointers:
  • You get 1 point for every Rs 75 spent.
  • On collecting about 334 points (i.e. after spending Rs 25050 over the months/years), you can redeem them for Rs 100 worth of fuel
  • Subtract the initial registration fee paid. So 100-60 = Rs 40 worth of fuel earned.
  • Spend another Rs 25050 to earn the 334 points, and then acutally get the Rs 100 worth of fuel.
Quite lame I suppose. Is there another similar scheme?

Last edited by Gordon : 3rd December 2009 at 01:33.
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2009, 01:31   #2
BHPian

Bahahahaha!!! This is a joke.
Old 3rd December 2009, 01:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

There is another one. Petro Card by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited - http://www.petrobonus.com/. I guess this one too is quite annoying and impossible.
Old 3rd December 2009, 02:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Registered for the Indian Oil XtraRewards Card while I filled at one of their pumps. Costed me Rs 60 for registration and was given the card AND the PIN immediately.

Some pointers:
  • You get 1 point for every Rs 75 spent.
  • On collecting about 334 points (i.e. after spending Rs 25050 over the months/years), you can redeem them for Rs 100 worth of fuel
  • Subtract the initial registration fee paid. So 100-60 = Rs 40 worth of fuel earned.
  • Spend another Rs 25050 to earn the 334 points, and then acutally get the Rs 100 worth of fuel.
Quite lame I suppose. Is there another similar scheme?
haha funny one indeed.

And after all that time trying to get 334 points (imagine if you have bike - 40+ kmpl) fuel prices would have risen up meaning you get even less for your money
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have a Citbank IndianOil credit card that seems to be a better deal---I get around 500 bucks of fuel free for around 25000 spent,which in my case works out to once in 6 months.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:24   #6
BHPian

I also have Citibank Indian oil card and on every Rs 150/- fuel it gives 4 points. Each point is having value = Rs 1/- and you get points for other purchases done through this card(approx 1 point per 150 Rs). In all I almost get Rs. 1000/- fuel coupon every 6-7 months with approx 10 to 15K bill of credit card each month.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Man these guys are just playing with people money and we are falling for their prey. All these are bogus. imagine a guy spending 25K for fuel will never look back to put an extra 100/- fuel IMO
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Just checked out the Citibank offers. Citibank always seems to have great initiatives. I've been having the Shoppers Stop card since many years and you can easily earn points no matter where you use your card. You can spend at any store, any restaurant, anywhere and the points will be transferred to your Citibank Card. You can then redeem these points directly at Indian Oil, Shoppers Stop, Vodafone outlets and even Jet Airways. An alternative is a Citibank catalogue of gifts to choose.

P.S. Mods can we rename the thread to 'Fuel Reward Cards'.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:20   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I have this one: HP DriveTrack - HP Cards - Retail(Petrol Pumps etc.) :: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited

Got it for the convenience and cost saved compared to our account at the pump that charged 2.5% service.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:28   #10
BHPian

I use a ICICI HP card and each time i fuel at HP, i get the service charge as refund in the monthly statement.
The Indian oil card is very funny. What if we forget to swipe the card, then we might loose out on the precious 2/3 drops of Petrol rewards.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:34   #11
BHPian

feel cheated by IOC

Hi all!
I too own the IOC Xtrarewards card since the last six months. in Oct i did Pune - nagpur - pune and could not find a single IOC outlet with the card machine either on the way or in nagpur and had to do two refuels worth Rs 4000/- without the card. i felt cheated and wrote to IOC customer care. And guess what? I got a robotic reply as below

My complaint:
Complaint Subject: participating outlets
Complaint: dear sir, the number of participating outlets is disappointing and pathetic compared to BP. i made a trip to pune - nagpur - pune and could not find a single outlet with reward crediting machine inspite of buying petrol worth Rs 4000 /- . customer care is impossible to reach and is clueless about outlets with machines..i feel really cheated and will now shift to Bharat Petroleum...especially if my bills are not credited to my account..either ur management is oblivious to coustomers or is plain simple not bothered. really pathetic

The reply:
Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your feedback referenced above. We thank you so much for your patronage and for the effort taken in providing us this feedback. Such feedbacks are quite critical in enabling us update our systems and services periodically.

We hope your querry has been solved for any other querries please contact toll free no 1800 22 8888.

We thank you once again for your feedback.

Looking forward to serving you better.

Yours-in-service,

Customer Service Executive

IndianOil XTRAREWARDSTM Program

PS: This is an automated e-mail. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS.

In case anyone has had better experiences with HP or BPCL, kindly let me know.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Just checked out the Citibank offers. Citibank always seems to have great initiatives. I've been having the Shoppers Stop card since many years and you can easily earn points no matter where you use your card. You can spend at any store, any restaurant, anywhere and the points will be transferred to your Citibank Card. You can then redeem these points directly at Indian Oil, Shoppers Stop, Vodafone outlets and even Jet Airways. An alternative is a Citibank catalogue of gifts to choose.

P.S. Mods can we rename the thread to 'Fuel Reward Cards'.
Gordon, I too have a Indianoil citibank card, and guess what, I tried converting my 2000 points to airmiles and they said that it's Indianoil citibank card and you can cash your points only for free fuel. Airmiles are for Jetairways citibank card. But still there's value in the card , 2000/- rs worth fuel is not a bad deal. And to top it on that after three years Citibank has upgraded my gold card to a Titanium.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Correct me, I may be wrong.

For any Citibank card there are two types of points. Citibank points and the Partner (Shoppers Stop, Indian Oil, etc) points. When you shop at the partner, you earn Partner points. When you swipe at any other places, you get Citibank points. Citibank points can be used for fuel redemption, online Citi Catalogue and other services too, but not the Partner points. But the Citibank Points can be used alongwith the Partner Points ONLY at that specific Partner store of whose card you are a member of. I guess No matter what partner card you possess, its also possible to redeem points for the fuel spent at an Indian Oil pump.

For example, if you have a Shoppers Stop Citibank card. You swipe the card at Shoppers Stop and get Shoppers Stop points. You swipe the card at any other place, you get Citi points. You can use the Shoppers Stop points alongwith the Citi points ONLY at Shoppers Stop. You can use the Citi points anywhere they are valid (fuel, etc). The Citibank points cannot be used elsewhere.

However, I may be wrong. Other alternative may be that the Citi points are automatically converted into Shoppers Stop points and can be redeemed only at Shoppers?

Have to patiently read the terms & conditions and faq on the Citibank website!

Last edited by Gordon : 3rd December 2009 at 16:29.
Old 27th December 2014, 11:53   #14
BHPian

Re: Indian Oil XtraRewards Card

Waking up an old thread here: Would any one know if IndianOil pumps in Thrissur (kerala) where they have the CitiBank EDC in order to accept points?

The Citibank website seems to have the old document which still lists only 800 pumps nationwide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks