Team-BHP - Top Gear India Magazine Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Top Gear India Magazine Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/7110-top-gear-india-magazine-launched-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
:OT
I sincerely hope thats not all she does for you, and that there's more french stuff involved than what you cant read... :OT

haha nice one man lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Disagree. If you read the cover story, they talk about soon to be launched Tata Dicor. Considering its a Sept issue, and dicor was launched beginning august, they should have had a complete road test of the car. I am sure good magazines like BSM/ACI will have road rests.

The article quality was great and so were the cars, but its Top Gear India. I can publish a great magazine with 300 pages writing about the best cars of europe and japan, bit when you talk about a local car magazine, its the quality of the content pertaining to that country.

My take on Top gear. Well they wanted to launch a magazine, So they picked up some articles they already had, and did a hurry up job through the tests and all. For example in Getz/Swift/Palio test there is one line devoted to indica which says something like "Its not as refined but also a good buy regarding the price" Nothing more. This is unprofessional.

Infact Top Gear screamed all the way "I am a Times group magazing, you will see pretty girls and prettier cars, but dont expect more".

But one thing i give it kudos : Its the first Page 4 car magazine

I totally agree with you. First edition was a makeshift arrangement.
(Even magazine people were admitting that Mumbai rains had really troubled them). Need to check next couple of issues. Right now it is ACI for me.

I got my copy only yesterday.....absolutely mindblowing articles and the columns were brilliant too. I expecially liked James May's column this month.

But seriously, I would rather wait another month or two before passing a final judgement. Just because they crammed in all the best TG UK articles of this year into the first issue dosent mean the normal issues would be equally great. This first issue will generate interest, but it is the subsequent issues which will really tell us how good this mag is going to be.

hi everybuddy

i got the copy of topgear i think soon it will become heartthrob of car lovers
cause reading materials are exellent.

btw dippy i think we got wrong info that day

thanx

BOB

So TG is finally here. Too early to comment whether it really cuts the ice, but its start really seems rather explosive.

Except one lil' mighty error. JC in his column mentions about the new Ford(GT) he's receiving, only to have him speak ill about it in the Top Gear car of the year section and how he sold it off. Two articles from two different issues. Not done. Some of the articles have already been featured in earlier Top Gears this year and most of them seem to be read by most of us here.

Like GTO mentioned, the Indian photography quality isn't upto scratch. The trio comparisons (B+ segmenters and softroaders) could have been better.

Lots of scope for improvement, but a good start. The others might be really scared, but i guess they already seem to be making an effort to up the ante. We enthusiasts never had it better.

Revv

Can we expect more foriegn titles next.Like car and driver,Motor trend etc.Anyone have any info on this.Please let us Know.

Hi can anyone please give me topgear India customercare e-mail address!

I am getting this error when i send this e-mail address

Quote:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

wecare@wwm.co.in

topgear@wwm.co.in
Fax : 022 22731585. once they had sent me a toll free customer care number I lost that card will PM you as soon as I get it, hope this helps in the mean time.

1800 103 8888
tel : 022 40098888

Let me know if you need any help with BBC TopGEAR India Magazine, I work for it!! HOw can i help you icar??

Quote:

Originally Posted by SohailPistawala (Post 935043)
Let me know if you need any help with BBC TopGEAR India Magazine, I work for it!! HOw can i help you icar??

Is there any way we can get some awesome high res pix of the cars :D

Lols Karthik, i dont know about hi res pics but you can get a lot of pics from their website.. i have downloaded a lot of them. :) hehe

Does anyone know the website addy for Top Gear India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! (Post 1508185)
Does anyone know the website addy for Top Gear India?

I don't think they have one. Surprising...

Considering Top Gear has been in India for quite a few years now, I'm suprised too. I did look online, but the only site I came across was a (presumably unrelated) Malayalam "version". By the way, I wonder how these vernacular guys managed to circumvent copyright/trademark infringement hassles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! (Post 1508828)
Considering Top Gear has been in India for quite a few years now, I'm suprised too. I did look online, but the only site I came across was a (presumably unrelated) Malayalam "version". By the way, I wonder how these vernacular guys managed to circumvent copyright/trademark infringement hassles.

From what I heard, The Malayalam version registered the brand in India first. But they are in no way related to the main Top Gear. The Eng version is sold as BBC Top gear.