Team-BHP - Top Gear India Magazine Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Top Gear India Magazine Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/7110-top-gear-india-magazine-launched.html)

Just back from the launch party of Top Gear, the Indian version at the Taj President hotel. The Editor is Gautam Sen while the team comprises of ex Autocar guys like Kartik Ganesh. The mag costs 60 bucks and that makes it cheaper than CAR. The first issue is in my hands and its a huge one with 306 pages. This mag is sure to take the fight to ACI now . Quality is of extremely high standard. The issue has the new Range Rover Sport on the cover.

Dippy

yo, dippy..great, buddy...so you get to be on ALL the launches and the exclusives.... hey, man, you mind if i tag along to any one (or all) of your "exclusives"....?? gotta meet up sometime, eh...???

by the way, when is the mag hitting the stands...???

you went there, saw sam , but didnt meet him!!!!

Was Sam there? I didnt have a clue at all . Should have known earlier

Dippy

Hey there Dippy,

Congratulations on getting the latest edition of TOPGEAR (INDIAN VERSION), but tell me is as good as the international version?is the indian content of the same standard or better than ACI or other indian Mags ?????

I have been a lucky to have made friend with an airhostess who flies for Singapore airlines since it is available on all their flights. So when ever she comes to India she gets all the issues for me clap: along with all other auto magazines where ever she flies to, which I may say is all over the world. Infact she at times picks up stuff which is in French since the cover has a picture of a car on it, its nice to just see the pictures and try and guess what’s written.

I will surely try and lay my hands on the Indian version today itself and, wow its not even priced to expensive. Thanks for the insight thou

Cheetah Out ….

Bad Cheetah …. Cheetah Bhi Peeta Hai …

Methinks that there are too many mags - am sure auto india and overdrive might disappear over time. Car India - rehashed old news . TG might survive because of the TV programme

Who're you kidding? Top Gear has been on the stands for many months now. Only, its pronounced "Toppp Geeyer" and is printed in Malayalam :p

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of vernacular automags in Kerala - there are at least 5 of them, and they feature local petrolheads and their creations amongst the usual stuff. Quite decent road tests and reviews, too - much better than those in "The Auto Magazine" that I bought for 75 bucks last month.

Getting back to the topic, lets see what they have to offer. As such every other automag looks, feels and reads just like the other except for a few differences that arent apparent to the normal reader.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badcheetah
I have been a lucky to have made friend with an airhostess who flies for Singapore airlines since it is available on all their flights. So when ever she comes to India she gets all the issues for me clap: along with all other auto magazines where ever she flies to, which I may say is all over the world. Infact she at times picks up stuff which is in French since the cover has a picture of a car on it, its nice to just see the pictures and try and guess what’s written.

:OT
I sincerely hope thats not all she does for you, and that there's more french stuff involved than what you cant read... :OT

The delhi launch is happening today, tomorrow would be bangalore. Will be there tonight hopefully ill get my copy as well in hand! Dippy, did u happen to read the whole of it yet? came across our insert? :P

Is it on sale now in the news stands??? Would like to see if its any better than ACI. Does it contain any articles from the international version of TG mag?

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche
The delhi launch is happening today, tomorrow would be bangalore. Will be there tonight hopefully ill get my copy as well in hand! Dippy, did u happen to read the whole of it yet? came across our insert? :P

Yeah dude saw the full page ad of yours with the two Octys

Dippy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
Yeah dude saw the full page ad of yours with the two Octys

Dippy

Designed by Mr.Rudra Sen! Cheers to him...

Autopsyche, where the hell is the launch and is it by invites only ?? wud luv to tag along ?

cheers

I want to go the the Bangalore launch! Someone, PLEASE HELP!!!

hey khaadu sorry i had left work before i read ur post.. wouldnt have been able to take u along though and it was by invite only, i had some additional people coming anyway. But u must check out the magazine, i really liked it, some good stories they have top gear has some of the best international journos no doubt. The indian content was overshadowed by the international but i guess its just because its an innaugral issues im sure they wont make the same mistake as car magazine.