Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 14:49   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The WWE thread!

The commentators were something else though...what a relief from the terrible test commentaries during the same era! LOL!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 15:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I enjoyed watching WWF/E in the 90s and Stone Cold & The Rock after that.

I am sure many of us would have played WWF trump cards as well.

Bisceps 21 inches, clash.
Rank 1 = Hulk Hogan
Those were the ultimate fun part. The moment you get Hulk's card, you know you nailed it unless the other party is having the call. In school buses, in tuition centers etc, the cards were the hot item to be traded with friends and thinking about it now, i feel i should have kept some of them as a Collection item
Thanos-VV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 21:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I didnt even know that such a thread existed! Ive been watching WWF / E since 1992 and I've also closely followed WCW till it's closure (thanks to TNT movie channel on cable TV), ECW, NJPW, AJPW, RoH, AEW and various other indie promotions (thanks to the internet!).

BHPian RMN is also another big fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Americans are crazy about WWE. WWE had been deemed an 'Essential Service' in Florida during COVID pandemic lockdown in April.
This was not as simple as it was made out to be. WWE has massive television contracts signed with the biggies and hence they felt they had to keep airing new content on their shows each week. How massive is massive, one might ask.

WWE signed a pair of five-year, billion-dollar television rights contracts with NBCUniversal—which will air Raw on the USA Network for $265 million per year—and Fox, which will air SmackDown Live as part of a deal worth $205 million per year.

Source. That is massive indeed.

Anyways, behind the scenes, Vince McMahon and his wife Linda have donated millions to the Trump foundation and Linda was appointed by President Trump to head the country's Small Business Administration. She eventually resigned, apparently to take up a post in the PAC to help Trump get re-elected. Linda is known to be someone who Trump likes a lot as well, no scandals and good output while she held the public role. So when the WWE decided that it needed to keep taping and airing new content, it was not at all surprising that they were deemed an essential service in Florida where they have a big training (performance) center.

They are potentially paying the price now though for not taking the Covid virus too seriously, there are rumours that dozens of their talent are Covid positive including announcer Renee Young.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 11:18   #34
BHPian

Though I still enjoy watching the early to mid 90s big events (Summer Slam, Wrestle Mania, Royal Rumble etc.), the below video I watched few months ago gave an insight into the actual background effort inorder to bring us the magnificent spectacle.

rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 12:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Former WWE wrestler James Harris, who performed as "The Ugandan Giant," Kamala, has died at age 70.

In a career that spanned more than two decades, Harris battled many of wrestling's superstars, including Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker and Andre the Giant.
Attached Thumbnails
The WWE thread!-kam.jpg  

Old 5th April 2022, 12:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

So another wrestlemania has passed us by and Roman Reigns still reigns supreme. I don't know about others but i find him very boring and the whole tribal chief persona is just weird and irritating.

Are they going to keep him champ for 2 years?

Oh well, i am not vince mcmahon to decide such things

And taker and hhh, two giants of the business say their farewell to the ring.
Old 25th August 2023, 16:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Gone too soon:
https://www.onmanorama.com/sports/ot...ies-at-36.html
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 16:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
RIP. It was one hell of a bang when Husky Harris became Bray Wyatt. For months, the Waytt segments were the only one worth watching. Gone too soon indeed.

Edit: Have not been following WWE for a while now, just now came to know that Brodie Lee a.k.a Luke Harper had passed away too. Was a huge fan of the Wyatt family for a while.

Last edited by GeneralJazz : 25th August 2023 at 16:30.
GeneralJazz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks