Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Great Indian Laughter Challenge.. Who will win?
Raju Shrivastav 13 50.00%
Navin Prabhakar 3 11.54%
Parag Kansara 0 0%
Sunil Pal 6 23.08%
Ahsaan Qureshi 2 7.69%
Bhagwant Maan 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2005, 07:26   #16
BHPian

which channel is this program shown on? and at what time?

s
Old 1st September 2005, 12:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
which channel is this program shown on? and at what time?

s
starOne 2200 fridays
Old 1st September 2005, 15:50   #18
BHPian

Sunil Pal and Raju Shrivastav have been very good so far! i havnt missed a single episode of it till now! jus addicted to this show!

My money would go 60% on Raju Shrivastav, and 40% on Sunil Pal!

the grand finale episode will be an episode to remember, with JhonnyLever, and the Yadav guy!
Old 1st September 2005, 16:15   #19
BHPian

I think It should be Raju... I heard him very early in my teens when he performed in a DD programme of New year.. where is imitated girls who talks in English using hindi words most of time.

I like Ehshan way of narrating his peoms.

Any way I like these programmes.. a few more to add to the list where you can laugh your heart out are.

Channel - POGO,
Programmes- Just for Gags, Takeshi castle( Narrated by Javed Jaafri). World Funniest.

I am really pissed of with the other soaps been shown on starplus...really pathatic...
Cant avoid watching them because my better half is fond of them.
Old 2nd September 2005, 01:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think its really going to be a tough one between Raju and Sunil. Cant really choose . Both are very good at their stuff but I really havent seen anyone imitate Naseeruddin Shah the way Sunil Pal did in the Semi Final.

BTW I have heard that VCDs of the laughter challenge show are being sold in Archies Galleries, havent checked out myself though

Dippy
Old 2nd September 2005, 07:17   #21
BHPian

Is there like a prize for all those who voted .............if the one they voted for wins

Old 7th September 2005, 18:16   #22
BHPian

Looks like Raju is going to win this poll at least.

My vote went to him as well.

His act with the imaginary remote control flicking through the TV channels going from songs to news to regional to DD had me literally rolling on the floor! Great stuff! Did someone say that VCDs of the show are available?
Old 7th September 2005, 20:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45

my personal fav is Navin Prabhakar. though he uses bar girls as his medium he is absolutely original. you urself can recollect might-have-heard-it-somewhere conversations when you listen to him. and he also captures essence of mumbai. everyone has his jokes of bargirl on his/her mind and it has come in to use in daily life conversations too. like i heard the other day college going guys in my building talking to each other in the same tone and language.

that is called mass approval.

shubbhi
Well manaa, the fact is that Navin Prabhakar is great but as u have put it brings out the essence of Mumbai but the shows not only about Mumbai friend, its seen all over and Mumbai is a small percentage of the total viewership. I dont know if any one outside Mumbai can even relate to our Mumbaiyaa and bar girl talk and Shekhar Anna etc. etc. Also hes repetitive which is suicide for an artist. as i said before good but not good enough.

Till now I thought that Raju will be a strong contender but hes getting repetitive too. same kind of lingo, same expre4ssions gives you a "seen that heard that" kind of feeling....sadly may not be able to keep u guessing long.

That leaves Sunil Pal and my reading is that hes gonna win as all his performances have been diffrent. His tone, his enactment etc. Ive never seen anyone do a Suniel Shetty, Naseeruddin Shah or even an Irfan Khan and that too perfectly.
Started with "Bhaktajano" went on to Mimicry par excellance and if he continues to do something diffrent then hes there.
Lets see on friday.
Old 7th September 2005, 22:40   #24
BHPian

i saw this for the first time last week,so i dont know anyone's name,the last two i guess were the best (the poet guy and the one before him)
yashpal/rajpal whatever his name was who came to announce the scores was so lame! i mean he is funny in the movie's but there all his jokes(¿)were SAD!
Old 7th September 2005, 23:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

this ahsaan quereshi is a rocker maan ! he simply rocked the semis and the episode before that - i really wasnt thinking of him as a real contender but rite now i think he is gonna be close , if not win ! sunil rocked with naseer and irfan's imitations......and did any of u see the episode where raju was doing his thing imitating candle fires and decorative lights ? he was damn funny !

its between these 3 - i am picking sunil by the slenderest of margins over ahsaan !

ova n out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks