Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 17:35   #1
BHPian

Forest near my Apartment

My neighbor told me that there is a forest next road and i was like What, a FOREST ? How can there be a forest in the main areas of bangalore?
I stay near Apollo hospital (opp IIMB), Bannergatta road, Bangalore.

Took the camera and went ahead in my twin shocks hero cycle to capture these beautiful pictures. It was as though i was in a jungle.
Let the pictures do the talking.

Forest Entrance
Forest near my Apartment-picture-057.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-059.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-060.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-061.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-063.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-064.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-065.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-068.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-069.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-071.jpg

I am thinking of doing a early morning photography.

more to come...
Old 11th January 2010, 17:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

fantastic dude.A natural forest in the concrete forest. i am hooked to this thread. post some more morning snaps dude.start your morning jog now.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

I know this place (right behind Wockhardt hospital IIRC). My cousin was looking out for an apartment very near to the boundary wall of this 'Forest'. IIRC, it was a plantation of some sort developed by the BDA/BBMP or one of those civic agencies. I'm not sure though. Doesn't look like a plantation from the pics. It should be in the region of 30 acres I guess. But again, I'm not sure.

It is good that such kind of lung spaces do exist. But it should be well policed from a safety point of view and should not become like Cubbon Park which had become very unsafe during the nights.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:59   #4
BHPian

wow thats really refreshing! Can you tell me the exact location? Would love to go there. Werent there any gaurds protecting it?
Old 11th January 2010, 18:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Raj, is it allowed to go inside? I also stay so close. Always I used to think that we need to take forest dept.'s permission. Seems like that';s not needed.. Will go there someday early morning soon.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is called "Forest Land" by BBMP/BDA.. In fact this is how Area like J.P Nagar was before.

The forest land pics seen above is just a piece of land untouched by BDA as a lung space when J.P nagar was developed.

I studied in PESIT , BSK III Stage. This area is now fully commercialized, thanks to Ring Road. I have heard from some elders that they used to trek in area like J.P Nagar.!!!

P.S: There is something called "Green Belt" area around Bengaluru. Such areas will not be allowed for commercial activities as per BDA Master Plan 2015.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
This is called "Forest Land" by BBMP/BDA.. In fact this is how Area like J.P Nagar was before.

The forest land pics seen above is just a piece of land untouched by BDA as a lung space when J.P nagar was developed.

Keep an eye else for sure it will be consumed by Land mafia or become a park. We need dense vegetation, not just parks with lawns.
I remember Bannergatta road around 10 years ago full of thick vegetation smells great, now it smells . I guess this is price we have to pay in the name of economic development.
Old 11th January 2010, 21:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Raj, could you please tell us the entrance to this place, even I stay close by and would like to visit this.
Old 11th January 2010, 22:12   #9
BHPian

I know there is a big forest near to hebbal lake. this place is between vidyanarayanpura and Yellanka new town. It belongs to forest dept so no development/encroachment happened till now

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

- University of Agricultural Science GKVK campus ????????/Bangalore/Bengalooru
Old 11th January 2010, 22:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I know there is a big forest near to hebbal lake. this place is between vidyanarayanpura and Yellanka new town. It belongs to forest dept so no development/encroachment happened till now
SORRY slightly GKVK Campus: A must visit for Bangaloreans.

Its the GKVK campus of UAS(University of Agriculture Sciences). The Campus buildings were built in 1950s, funded by some American Agency.

Anybody interested in visiting place, its on the Bellary Road on the left side just before Jakkur Aerodrome.

You can just drive in the whole Campus. Its a very calm place with lush greenery all over. Lots of Mango Trees in the entrance of the Campus. There is a canteen for snacks.

Few years back, I think a BT Park was planned to come up there. Luckily cos of protests the plan was cancelled.

Kannada Film Actress Soundarya, her plane crashed in this campus just after it took off from Jakkur.

The MET Dept. says that the Temperature of areas near GKVK Campus is around 2 degree lesser than in normal parts of Bangalore, thanks to the lush greenery.

Some pics shot few years back.. Enjoy!

Main Road in the Campus.
Forest near my Apartment-dsc00095.jpg

Railway track inside the campus.
Forest near my Apartment-dsc00108.jpg

Mango Trees.
Forest near my Apartment-dsc00096.jpg

My little nieces enjoying the greenery.
Forest near my Apartment-picture-024.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-dsc00091.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-dsc00102.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-dsc00106.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-dsc00107.jpg

Last edited by arun1100 : 11th January 2010 at 22:41.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:39   #11
BHPian

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
But it should be well policed from a safety point of view and should not become like Cubbon Park which had become very unsafe during the nights.
Its sad to say that any remote places anywhere is unsafe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
wow thats really refreshing! Can you tell me the exact location? Would love to go there. Werent there any gaurds protecting it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Raj, is it allowed to go inside? I also stay so close. Always I used to think that we need to take forest dept.'s permission. Seems like that';s not needed.. Will go there someday early morning soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Raj, could you please tell us the entrance to this place, even I stay close by and would like to visit this.
Anybody can enter but please avoid bringing vehicles inside the forest and now the route.

Forest near my Apartment-forest-route.jpg

I guess many of you know delmia circle, Take left if you are entering from J.p nagar 3rh phase bus stop.
If you proceed you can find kalyani magnum IT park and again On mobile software company. The lines with dots is Tar road and dont take left after on mobile but go straight to enter the forest which starts with mud road.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

i was staying near this forest for 2 years even before kalyani magnum came up. but now the surrounding fully crowded with buildings
Old 12th January 2010, 11:03   #13
BHPian

I was planning to buy a farm house of around 3acres in and around 100kms from bangalore but after seeing this forest right next to my apartment do i need one? I guess no. Some times we have even packed food and had it here with our family.

Forest near my Apartment-picture-073.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-072.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-074.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-076.jpg

This is onle place i would love to Jog early morning.
Forest near my Apartment-picture-080.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-082.jpg

Forest near my Apartment-picture-085.jpg

Kids hangout
Forest near my Apartment-picture-087.jpg

Nilgiri trees. If i am near Nilgiri trees there are no mosquitoes around but in the other part of the forest there are gaint ones. I guess they hate the smell of Nilgiri.
I love to rest near this place.
Forest near my Apartment-picture-088.jpg
Old 12th January 2010, 11:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

very very good @Braj. you asre doing a noble cause by showing this forest in the bangalore city where everyone thinks that it as a concrete jungle
Old 12th January 2010, 17:21   #15
BHPian

There were many boards which said please avoid plastics but 'rules are made to break'.

Forest near my Apartment-picture-107.jpg

Last edited by brraj : 12th January 2010 at 17:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks