Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2006, 01:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey guys

thanx a lot for the help.but i already used DVD decrypter and now i have it on my HD.i dont have a problem with space as i have over 60 GB free space.

the problem is how do i play it.these files are in BUP, VOB and IFO formats.so what do i use to play them ??

Rev
Depends on your software try to :
Open the video_ts.ifo file if you can in your software player.
or
if your software has the option use the Open Directory command and open the directory containing the VIDEO_TS folder.

Best method is to rip as ISO and to use daemon tools, sometimes if you rip as files and playback you get slight pauses on playback (dependig on which playback software you use) which you do not get if you mount the ISO in daemon tools.
Old 11th January 2006, 01:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

i use windows media player and when i try and open the video_ts.ifo file,some error comes and it says it cannot be played.

that method is not working so tell me.how do i rip it as an ISO ?? what software do i use for that ?

Rev
Old 11th January 2006, 02:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
i use windows media player and when i try and open the video_ts.ifo file,some error comes and it says it cannot be played.

that method is not working so tell me.how do i rip it as an ISO ?? what software do i use for that ?

Rev
Try a software DVD player such as windvd or powerdvd. There probably are some free ones around as well.

Last edited by VTEC11 : 11th January 2006 at 02:19.
Old 11th January 2006, 02:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

hmmm...i think i have power DVD software lying around somewhere.ill install it and try it out.

but i also want to know how to rip the files as ISO.

Rev
Old 11th January 2006, 02:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Try opening the file in either

media player classic http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...er_Classic.htm

or video lan player http://www.videolan.org

I think WMP did not have support for DVD (no mpeg 2 decoder) unless you install this.

To rip as an ISO open DVDDEcrypter click on Mode (top menu) and then ISO > Read
Then click on the DVD to HD button.

Next step go to the Daemon tools site and get the software. Install it and reboot. You should have a new icon in your system in tray. Right click on it and go to the top item virtual cd/dvd then device 0 and click on mount image. Then just mount the ISO you ripped earlier.

Old 11th January 2006, 04:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey bigman.

thanx a lot.i am familiar with deamon tools as i have beenn using it for NFS most wanted.i just didnt know how to rip to ISO.just doing that now.hope it works.

Thanx again
Rev
Old 11th January 2006, 04:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
Then just mount the ISO you ripped earlier.

i followed those steps but for some wierd reason it didnt save in ISO format.
three files were saved.I00 , I01 And MDS..

what ever thats supposed to mean.now when i go and try and mount it using deamon tools.i can mount a file.but the file i mount is an MDF file in mds format.

so why isnt it saving in the ISO format.what am i doing wrong.man i need to get this working as i have to return these cds soon.

please help
Rev
Old 11th January 2006, 15:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey bigman.

thanx a lot.i am familiar with deamon tools as i have beenn using it for NFS most wanted.i just didnt know how to rip to ISO.just doing that now.hope it works.

Thanx again
Rev
Did you sort this ?
If the mode is set to ISO read then it should just create the ISO image on your hard drive. It will also put a small MDS file there as well but you can delte them if you want. Are you sure you did not cheange the suffix to IOO and IO1. The name of the image should end in ISO.

Another tip to all you guys using dvd decrypter go to setting then the event tab and deselect the check for update box. Apparently Macrovision forced the author to give them the original domain so they might be recording IP address for people whos software tries to get an update. Nothing to worry about becasue they have not done anything to date.
Old 11th January 2006, 16:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

nope.i tried almost everything.i did ISO---> read but still it rips it to I00 and I01 format.but not ISo then i tried to rip it in IFO format and view it using Power DVD still not happening.

Rev
Old 11th January 2006, 16:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Try renaming one of the .IOO files to xxx.ISO and try to mount it.

Try downloading a fresh copy of dvddecrypter. Uninstall the old one and install the fresh copy and try again. Never had that problem myself.

Other way to create a ISO. Get yourself DVD Shrink. Open the disc. After it has opened set everything to no compression. Click on backup and you will get a message that the file is too big. Click yes to continue. As the backup target select ISO image file, set a file name eg teambhp.ISO. Click on ok and away you go. Make sure you set compression to no else dvd shrink will start to transcode which will take a long time.

Last edited by bigman : 11th January 2006 at 17:01.
Old 11th January 2006, 18:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

the last option seem pretty complicated.any way i got it working this way.i just rip the DVD using DVD encrypter in the normal format and play it using power DVD.fast easy and simple but i am going to try the other method when i have little time.

any way thanx a lot guys for all the help.

Rev

Most Viewed