Team-BHP - Fraud/Hoax call received under the preText of ICICI Credit Card
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Fraud/Hoax call received under the preText of ICICI Credit Card (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/75046-fraud-hoax-call-received-under-pretext-icici-credit-card-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 1721494)

Susrutha, were you able to confirm if the call came from an official ICICI branch or its agency?

Tried calling the same number today once again, either it's busy or nobody is picking up the call.

My suggestion to all:
"Whenever any photocopy is being given for any purpose,please put in a date and write the purpose for which it is being used, in some place where it cannot be removed/ hidden"
For eg: When i applied for car loan, i wrote "Photocopy given for Car loan with ... Bank for the ... car. dated: "
It would atleast ensure that documents cannot be reused for any other purpose.

@sushrutha:
It's better your brother sorts it out. unless you have some good contacts to use when things go out of hand, its' better you resolve at the earliest. There's no other way and there's quite a bit of running around and follow up to be done. Bank wouldn't care as they have separate team for these kind of issues who will take their own sweet time.

I would say:
As your brothers details and card information does not match, this could be a mix up of data. Call up customer service, register a complaint and have the complaint number.
When the recovery guy calls, please ask them to visit you, get the sufficient information related to the card, tell them the problem and send them back.
Maybe then you can visit the bank and provide a written complaint and get it acknowledged for safety purpose. Alternatively, write a mail to customer card and receive their feedback as well.

About a month back, i got a call from HSBC bank saying that i need to pay the outstanding amount of Rs 2 lacs. I was shocked as i dont' have an HSBC credit card. I then called up HSBC customer care who noted down the complaint. Lucky for me, my personal details and the banks' information did not match, hence they said some mix up and have not got any calls after that. Do not know, from where they got my phone number though.

There is also a big scam and my colleague was also impacted. He applied and received the cr card, did not want it and surrendered the card to the bank and after 9 months, the card was being used and he was asked to make the payments. Luckily, he had an acknowledgement of the surrender letter and was able to sort it out.

All the Best and hopefully everything gets sorted out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikoneer (Post 1721631)

All the Best and hopefully everything gets sorted out.

Thanks for the supporting words ikoneer,
Hope everything sorts out quite fastly without any hassles.

ICICI is number one fraudster bank in India.

Similar thing happened to me 4-5 years back. they sent guy to my home also telling some one defaulted CC and he has given my ref when applying. The guy had a surname same as mine. one i got the third call i asked the caller to tell me when was the card issued. the card was actually issued 2 years back. then i confronted him with the fact that my mobile was only six months old. so how the guy gave this number in his application?

the guy immediately disconnected and never called me again.

Later on i had applied for home loan and got it with out any problem.

Regarding CIBIL, i have my CIBIL report with me, courtesy SBI. It does not contain all the minutest details as was imagined here. rather it is very vague. it did not have all the info about me or my loans. the report is dated 2008.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 1722086)
Regarding CIBIL, i have my CIBIL report with me, courtesy SBI. It does not contain all the minutest details as was imagined here. rather it is very vague. it did not have all the info about me or my loans. the report is dated 2008.

Cibil report does contain quite a few details but the data shared with consumers and institutions will differ..what you may have got is a diluted report.

Cibil is a new instituion, 2-3 years old only. With time, it is becoming fairly automated and robut, with various checks & balances being put in place. The data submitted earlier to Cibil were in various formats but over the past one year they have standardized on the same so that invalid data is not submitted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 1722130)
Cibil report does contain quite a few details but the data shared with consumers and institutions will differ..what you may have got is a diluted report.

Cibil is a new instituion, 2-3 years old only. With time, it is becoming fairly automated and robut, with various checks & balances being put in place. The data submitted earlier to Cibil were in various formats but over the past one year they have standardized on the same so that invalid data is not submitted.

First , I did not apply to CIBIL to get a copy.

This was copy CIBIL sent to SBI . so it was not a consumer copy but that of institutional version only

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1720917)
I called the number, enquired with 2 security persons(called around 2.30pm, all the CCE left for the day) and they mentioned it as ICICI, Bommanahalli Bangalore.

Mods,
Kindly excuse for the double post

Care to google the bommanahalli no? Just double confirm that this no is registered to ICICI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikoneer (Post 1721631)
My suggestion to all:
"Whenever any photocopy is being given for any purpose,please put in a date and write the purpose for which it is being used, in some place where it cannot be removed/ hidden"

Have been doing it for some years now but sometimes they are not ready to accept it.ICICI bank refused to accept the photocopy with this written on it.

Latest update,
My brother once again confirmed with ICICI- CCE as well as he had been to ICICI Bommanahalli brach, they told that there doesn't exist any credit card on my brother's name.
So stress releived to a certain extent.
As of now I have told my brother to get a Letter from ICICI stating that there doesn't exist any card on his name, I know it's difficult to get this letter, but shall try our luck in getting the same.
The phone number from which he received the call belongs to ICICI, coz once again when we called back, It was answered as ICICI Bommanahalli with a female voice.

Mods,
I request you to change the thread name as
"FRAUD/HOAX CALL RECEIVED ON BEHALF OF ICICI CREDIT CARD" Until the next update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1723335)
The phone number from which he received the call belongs to ICICI, coz once again when we called back, It was answered as ICICI Bommanahalli with a female voice.

+(91)-(80)-41131877, 66302678, 66302578
These are icici bommanahalli branch nos. link..
Icici Bank Limited in Bommanahalli Bangalore - Justdial

First no is the CC number common for all ICICI customers.
is this the no that you are calling (starting with 66)?

If not, Just google the no that you are dialing and see any links comes up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1721618)
Tried calling the same number today once again, either it's busy or nobody is picking up the call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1723335)

Sushrutha,

That Number DOES NOT Belong to ICICI and neither they are in BOMMANAHALLI. This is a simple case of fraud/impersonation and needs to be dealt with SEVERELY.

Dont you or your brother worry, my friend. This is a pure fraud case and all you need to do is, find who is the provider of the land line number. Airtel, BSNL etc... Go to them and give a written complaint of Fraud calls. They will take it up with police.

If possible - CAN you post that number here for everyone's reference...

I will post a similar fraud ATTEMPT on my friend in this thread very soon. Its a Nexus under the name of Shriram Chit Funds - But the real Shriram doesnt have anything to do with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN (Post 1723414)
+(91)-(80)-41131877, 66302678, 66302578
These are icici bommanahalli branch nos. link..
Icici Bank Limited in Bommanahalli Bangalore - Justdial

First no is the CC number common for all ICICI customers.
is this the no that you are calling (starting with 66)?

If not, Just google the no that you are dialing and see any links comes up!

It starts with 69
This is the link i have got after searching the net with the phone number.
ICICI Bank Complaints - Harrassment

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 1723454)
Sushrutha,

That Number DOES NOT Belong to ICICI and neither they are in BOMMANAHALLI. This is a simple case of fraud/impersonation and needs to be dealt with SEVERELY.

Dont you or your brother worry, my friend. This is a pure fraud case and all you need to do is, find who is the provider of the land line number. Airtel, BSNL etc... Go to them and give a written complaint of Fraud calls. They will take it up with police.

If possible - CAN you post that number here for everyone's reference...

I will post a similar fraud ATTEMPT on my friend in this thread very soon. Its a Nexus under the name of Shriram Chit Funds - But the real Shriram doesnt have anything to do with this.

Thanks Santosh for the concern.
I have PM ed you the phone number.
For your reference we have already registered a complaint in PS about this number.

Update.
* Since, 3 days the phone number from which the call was received has been switched off.
* No credit/Loan exisits on my brother's name- courtesy CIBIL report through SBI.
* Reconfirmed with ICICI, no credit card exists in my brother's name.

Yesterday my wife got an SMS from ICICI intimating non-mtce of Quarterly Avg. Balance (QAB) of Rs. 5000 in a S.B A/c last 4 digits mentioned. We did not have any such account and were wondering how this happened. Called up their call centre, of not much help as they simply stated that someone may have wrongly registered the cell no. in his/her account !! Still am suspicious abt it.

I too received two similar calls from ICICI around early February. Here is the summary.

Call 1:
Caller: Is this Mr.X? (they told my correct name)
Me: Yes, whats this regarding?
Caller: Sir, your brother Mr.Y is having a large payment due and you are the guarantor for it. We are going to file a case in the court. Request you to intervene immediately.
Me: I dont know Y.
Caller: Sir, its your brother.
Me: I dont have any relative or the friend by the name Y. You have called the wrong number.
Caller: No sir, its your brother and he has a large payment due.
Me: Am sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Call disconnected. Next call came within a minute from the same number, same lady. This time quoting another name as my brother.:uncontrol

Call 2:
Caller: Sir, your brother Mr.Z is having a large payment due and you are the guarantor for it.
Me: See Madam, I do not have any brother in the first place. So, I dont know what you are talking about.

Call disconnected. No calls after that.

Cant really conclude if its a phishing call because, she never asked me any personal details. However, she told my correct name though.