Team-BHP - Fraud/Hoax call received under the preText of ICICI Credit Card
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Fraud/Hoax call received under the preText of ICICI Credit Card (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/75046-fraud-hoax-call-received-under-pretext-icici-credit-card.html)

Need an urgent info.
My brother doesn't hold any Credit.
Today afternoon (Sun 7th Feb), my brother got a call from ICICI personnel.
She says my brother hasn't paid his credit card amount.
The pending amount is around 97,000Rs. She even said he has paid the first 2 installments properly.
All the details furnished (address/name/mobile number) was correct.

My bother said he doesn't hold any credit card from ICICI.
She says he has to pay the amount ASAP.

After this we called back the same number to check the authenticity of the number/call.
It's in the name ICICI Bank, Bommanahalli Bangalore.
Now my brother is going to lodge a police complaint against ICICI for this menace.

How do we go ahead with this ?

Ask the icici persons to get the photocopy of chargeslips, see if the sign matches with his id (pan or passport) if it doesnt ask them to push off, keep some copies of the chargeslip with you and get a letter confirming the same from the ICICI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praJEEP (Post 1720468)
Ask the icici persons to get the photocopy of chargeslips, see if the sign matches with his id (pan or passport) if it doesnt ask them to push off, keep some copies of the chargeslip with you and get a letter confirming the same from the ICICI.

Thanks praJEEP for the suggestion,
as today being sunday, the said branch is closed from 2pm onwards.
What exactly do you mean by chargeslips ??

The bank will have the record of all the transactions being done. Ask them to send you the summary of all the transaction details so as to state, at which date, which merchanise for what amount each transaction have been done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1720475)
The bank will have the record of all the transactions being done. Ask them to send you the summary of all the transaction details so as to state, at which date, which merchanise for what amount each transaction have been done.

Thanks aargee,
As of now we will be visiting the Police station to lodge a complaint against this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1720471)
Thanks praJEEP for the suggestion,
as today being sunday, the said branch is closed from 2pm onwards.
What exactly do you mean by chargeslips ??

After every transaction on your credit card you actually sign a slip thats called "chargeslip" two copies of chargeslip comes for every transaction one is the merchant copy and the other is customer copy, the merchant copy is sent to the concerned bank credit card, the bank verifies and credits the transaction amount to the merchants current a/c number which would be given to the merchant along with the EDC machine.

@Shushrutha, what do intend to achieve by filing a complaint at this stage ? And based on what - a phone call ? For what will you file a complaint at this stage ?

Let the bank come back to you with something on paper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1720484)
@Shushrutha, what do intend to achieve by filing a complaint at this stage ? And based on what - a phone call ? For what will you file a complaint at this stage ?

To a certain extent, say some relief, by lodging a complaint.
Atleast a FIR, saying that we have received a harassing call from so and so number, threatning us to pay the amount ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1720484)

+1 to that

I'm not sure if police will accept your case. You need to write to ICICI asking for clarification within 10 days. From there on, you need to move it to consumer forum accordingly. Alternatively you can sort this through banking ombudsman who usually does a compromising work. Check out these links that could help you

1. ICICI Bank.com | Cards | RBI Mandate

2. Grievance Redressal - ICICI Bank - Customer Care India

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1720501)
+1 to that

I'm not sure if police will accept your case. You need to write to ICICI asking for clarification within 10 days. From there on, you need to move it to consumer forum accordingly. Alternatively you can sort this through banking ombudsman who usually does a compromising work. Check out these links that could help you

1. ICICI Bank.com | Cards | RBI Mandate

2. Grievance Redressal - ICICI Bank - Customer Care India

Thanks for the links aargee,
I have checked those links.l
I will tell my brother to write/call ICICI customer care and speak to them immediately.

The amount mentioned as default is pretty huge and that's the biggest headache

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1720529)
Thanks for the links aargee,
I have checked those links.l
I will tell my brother to write/call ICICI customer care and speak to them immediately.

The amount mentioned as default is pretty huge and that's the biggest headache

Also, when writing to them, mention clearly to block the card & unless the clarification are provided from the to your satisfaction, you will not acknowledge this payment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1720541)
you will not acknowledge this payment.

When he doesn't hold the Card itself, the question "Acknowledge the payment" doesn't arise at all.
Anyways will speak with CCE and get back on this

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1720556)
When he doesn't hold the Card itself, the question "Acknowledge the payment" doesn't arise at all.
Anyways will speak with CCE and get back on this

Well, what it means here is, "I will not take any actions from my side unless I get a satisfactory response from ICICI". Mark the word, I only said acknowledge & not the real "pay". Both are two different things.

Wait a sec! ICICI bank asked sushrutha's brother to pay up Rs.97000/- for a credit card which has not been issued in the first place! He does not have a ICICI bank credit card.
In that case why can't he go to the police or file a lawsuit against ICICI bank at this stage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1720492)
To a certain extent, say some relief, by lodging a complaint.
Atleast a FIR, saying that we have received a harassing call from so and so number, threatning us to pay the amount ASAP.

+1 DO raise an FIR if possible. if you do not have contacts, they would not register the FIR. FIR would be against "Unknown Persons".

But DO give a compalint to police in writing and get an acknowledgment.

Both ICICI and your brother are victims. They are victims of identity theft.

He would have applied to some other thing (E.g. Post paid SIM / EMI for some electronics / different credit card). Someone misiused his papers and applied for a card on his name. He already had a copy of his PAN card / ID Proof etc etc. With these papers and a dummy photo he got a card in your brother's name.