Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 14:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now, there you've said it!
I was trying to pay the electricity bill for my flat in Marathalli as well.

Is it still the same today? I didnt get time to check since morning.
I am pasting the same post again. I think you missed the post.

@ben sir,From last month onwards the whole location number is changed in many areas.In my case also I was paying the bill from past 3 years with the location code as S8(1120404).Now suddenly the location code got changed to S10(1120504).So the bill was not uploaded in icici, visabillpay or in SBI.So I had to make the payment manually. I then re-registered the bill in S10 mode and it worked from this month.So check the old bill with the new for the changes in location code and re-register. After enquiring with the BESCOM guys, they told that due to the merging of corporation wards this happened.It might take another 2 months to get the old system to work.

Last edited by shishir_bn : 10th February 2010 at 14:06.
Old 10th February 2010, 14:40   #17
Team-BHP Support

Shishir, the location code and number mentioned on my bill still says as S7. So, if there was a change, shouldnt there have been a change reflecting on the bill as well?
Old 10th February 2010, 15:07   #18
Team-BHP Support

Benny didnt you receive an email from citibank about the migration? it will be completed by today. So hopefully by tomorrow or day after it should be fine. If you have noticed some of the establishments also had put notice informing that they will not be transacting in citi plastic's during this period.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Now, there you've said it!
I was trying to pay the electricity bill for my flat in Marathalli as well.

Is it still the same today? I didnt get time to check since morning.
Same here, have been busy and didnt try it today. Will be trying tomorrow morning. Will let you know if it works. Incidentally my location code is also S7 so hope its not a problem with this location.

Quote:
Shishir, the location code and number mentioned on my bill still says as S7. So, if there was a change, shouldnt there have been a change reflecting on the bill as well?
Benny,
If its not changed on your bill then its not changed for you. I also have S7 location code and its not changed in this months bill.

Last edited by bblost : 15th February 2010 at 19:09. Reason: Please use multi quote when quoting multiple messages. Thanks.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

Update:
I tried once again this evening for paying both the broadband as well as electricity bill.

Broadband payment went through with no hiccups, however the electricity bill payment gave the same 'Invalid Bill Number' error.

Shall try again tomorrow.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:06   #21
BHPian

benbsb29,
Try now, if you havent done it. My electricity payment went through for S7 location. Looks like service is restored.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Ben saab, may be the BESCOM people have now mapped the old id's with the new one. That is what they were telling initially. Please try now and see.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:35   #23
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys, just tried and the payment went through with no hassles.
All izz well, now.

@Shishir : You can leave out the saab from the name.. i dont own a Saab.
Old 14th September 2011, 18:10   #24
BHPian

Re: Citibank's Bill pay feature goes for a toss!

Has anyone from Noida or Indiarapuram (Ghaziabad) using the billpay facility from Citibank for mobile or landline (Airtel), Electricity payments? will appreciate some help in setting it up since the citibank site is not showing Ghaziabad under city list and for Noida, they want payment for Airtel to be routed to Bharti Bihar !!!
Old 21st September 2011, 19:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Has anyone from Noida or Indiarapuram (Ghaziabad) using the billpay facility from Citibank for mobile or landline (Airtel), Electricity payments? will appreciate some help in setting it up since the citibank site is not showing Ghaziabad under city list and for Noida, they want payment for Airtel to be routed to Bharti Bihar !!!
Thats a strange one! Better to call the Citibank helpline and ask them for clarification.
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Thats a strange one! Better to call the Citibank helpline and ask them for clarification.
I already tried and talked to both Airtel and Citibank call center people, they have no clue . I think the billpay feature works best only for those in metros or for the all India billers.
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
I already tried and talked to both Airtel and Citibank call center people, they have no clue . I think the billpay feature works best only for those in metros or for the all India billers.
Instead of using Citibank's billpay service, you could create an online account on Airtel website and make the payment through the Airtel website. They have option for payment from both credit card and netbanking account.

IIRC, you can also make a payment through Airtel website just by entering your phone number, you don't even need to have an online Airtel account.

Rohan
Old 29th June 2012, 22:26   #28
BHPian

After BSNL moved from 8-digit consumer number to 10 digit Account Number, citibank bill pay has stopped working. The text box is not accepting beyond 8 digits.
Anyone faced/solved this irritant?
Old 29th June 2012, 22:52   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
After BSNL moved from 8-digit consumer number to 10 digit Account Number, citibank bill pay has stopped working. The text box is not accepting beyond 8 digits.
Anyone faced/solved this irritant?
Workaround is to pay on the BSNL portal using netbanking/credit card. Less convenient, but a workaround anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks