Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2005, 14:43   #1
BHPian

what to shop and look for car crazezzs in coimbatore

Will be in coimbatore soon , can any one tell me what to look for at that place please???

modifications, tuners, accessories??? etc
Old 17th September 2005, 15:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

There is (was) one shop called 'Basha'. Those days they were more into upholstry business with a massive production set up. They were selling alloys and other stuffs also. This was the year 1992. I hope they still exist. Next to a hotel called City Tower.
Old 17th September 2005, 19:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
There is (was) one shop called 'Basha'. Those days they were more into upholstry business with a massive production set up. They were selling alloys and other stuffs also. This was the year 1992. I hope they still exist. Next to a hotel called City Tower.
There's Koya's as well. Koyas started off similarly doing major upholstry jobs - now they sell interior and exterior accessories. They even change the entire interiors of your car for you - however all this requires your vehicle to be physically present. I've been told that Koyas can address the 'cheap' greys of the Tata Safari - I've seen an Indigo with beige interiors (including plastics) long before the Sx was launched. Check Koyas out for what its worth.

There are plenty of tuners in CBE too, from the likes of Leelakrishnan and J Anand to little known but excellent road side garages, but I dont know how or where to find them - we need a CBE implant in TBHP. While you're there check out the karting track on Mettupalayam road, too. You will find a few speed freaks there over the weekends.
Old 17th September 2005, 19:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Check out the Kari Speedway. You maybe able to do some hot laps in your road car for a nominal fee.
Old 17th September 2005, 19:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Vulken Auto, Sorry I could not reply to your message.

In chennai, Mahaveer Automobiles deals with such products & you can find lot of shops in GP road. It seems that there is market for this in Chennai.
Old 18th September 2005, 20:03   #6
BHPian

thanks rudra sir , m power, steeriod ;will check out as suggested. been to maahaveer surprise. can any one give addresses or phone numbers of modification shops in coimbatore

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 18th September 2005 at 20:09.
Old 19th September 2005, 04:52   #7

J .Anand can be contacted in this address
Jayem automotives Ltd.
#2, Ondipudur Road, Singanallur, Coimbatore - 641 005.
Phone: 91-422-2270602, 2271843, 585051, 585052

Read an article in tatamotors website about Tata F2000 single-seater car build by J Anand . It uses a modified 483 PL engine used in petrol safari . The Chassis based on Formula Lotus -Opel .

ckeck out this http://www.jayemauto.com
Old 19th September 2005, 08:08   #8
BHPian

The karting track in metupalayam road (thudiyalur) is closed now. Call up Kari Speedway and try to fix a track day. Have a look at the cars there. There is nothing much yuo can actually shop for in coimbatore. But you could probably meet a few people there.

There is a car dealer near Adayar Ananda Bhavan. He has quite a few classics lined up the last time I checked. Maybe yuo could drop in there too.
Old 20th September 2005, 11:09   #9
BHPian

thanks harrie and vindeisel for the input guys, will check them out.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks