Team-BHP - Faceboook/Twitter Status' From Journey/Commutes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Faceboook/Twitter Status' From Journey/Commutes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/75803-faceboook-twitter-status-journey-commutes.html)

Given that my horrible 10km/60minute commute in Mumbai every morning gives me enough time to stand, stare and think, I realized that a fair amount of facebook status updates on reaching work were traffic themed.

Putting a few of them out there to start with.

1> BMW X5 standing next to a tata nano. You can probably buy 40 of these for one of that...

2> Just dawned on me that I now use hand signals and head nods while driving...

3> Brown Xylo next to me looks like the offspring of a Wagon R and a giant cockroach... (adapted quote)

4> BMW decal on an auto rickshaw. Aspiration was never in short supply in India....

Hope others will join in...

My feelings while driving are anything but printable. If anything - I'd love to shame those Altis/Accord etc owners who can spend many lakhs on a car but flash their UN badges/ministry/etc to go for free in the "no exempt tag" lane and waste everyone's time - or those who intentionally pay cash in tag lanes on the delhi gurgaon expressway.

I think I need to start a honking movement to make life miserable for such losers who disregard the rules!!

LOL at your post, waiting for more ...

I have seen a scene and it was shocking/hilarious or was it a Indian love I don't know.
Once I was waiting for the signal to turn green near Rajajinagar junction-Bangalore(before the flyover started). A white BMW came and halted next to me. The window rolled down(around 3-4 inches) and smoke came out. I thought this big shot might be having a big cigar and things like that. But I was into rude shock. The windows rolled down fully and I see a guy with blazer( a big guy atleast to look at) suddenly threw the cigarette outside. I just saw the cigarette piece. It was a GANESHA BEEDI(Ganesh beedies are hand rolled in tendu leaf).

Status updates please. No rants :)
Taking the liberty to paraphrase

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1740809)
My feelings while driving are anything but printable. If anything - I'd love to shame those Altis/Accord etc owners who can spend many lakhs on a car but flash their UN badges/ministry/etc to go for free in the "no exempt tag" lane and waste everyone's time - or those who intentionally pay cash in tag lanes on the delhi gurgaon expressway.

I think I need to start a honking movement to make life miserable for such losers who disregard the rules!!

phamilymans status in this could have been:

1> People paying cash in tag lanes should be tagged as losers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1740911)
I have seen a scene and it was shocking/hilarious or was it a Indian love I don't know.
Once I was waiting for the signal to turn green near Rajajinagar junction-Bangalore(before the flyover started). A white BMW came and halted next to me. The window rolled down(around 3-4 inches) and smoke came out. I thought this big shot might be having a big cigar and things like that. But I was into rude shock. The windows rolled down fully and I see a guy with blazer( a big guy atleast to look at) suddenly threw the cigarette outside. I just saw the cigarette piece. It was a GANESHA BEEDI(Ganesh beedies are hand rolled in tendu leaf).

Shishir's status:

2> Wishes that the guy driving the BMW could afford more than a beedi after his EMI is paid

Another one from my experiences:

3> Wonder who buys the large stetsons from the guy selling cowboy hats at the traffic signal

More entries invited...

I recently started taking company transport to work and back. So now i have a lot of time to observe. Here is my observation:
"There are too many ugly people on the roads"

Wonder why the guy at the tollbooth who gives eclairs as change doesnt accept eclairs as change...

Great ones Genesis!

Really intelligent and witty, in the simple twitter packaging.

cya
R

Came across this one from a friend in Toronto.
'Nice looking convertible parked next to my rotten Pathfinder.*&%^%$!! Its a Pontiac Solstice with a Z4 Body kit?? '

Two for today:

1> Maharashtra seems to be driven by Pawar steering

2> The policemen wearing green masks look like surgeons going to a fancy dress party

Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis (Post 1742545)
Wonder why the guy at the tollbooth who gives eclairs as change doesnt accept eclairs as change...

On NH4, I gave back. They took it in the next toll booth too! May be I was lucky that day.

1> Who needs an OTR on weekends when the daily commute is an OTR

2> Wonder if the cop pays the random guy directing traffic along with him

Read this somewhere.
You don't drink and Putt. Then why drink and drive?

On the fuel tank of a truck crawling alongside on Andheri-Kurla rd - "Iraq ka pani, kam pee rani"

On the back side of a truck on Manali - Rohtang road - Fright Carrier!