Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:47   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp

Guys!

I walked into my house about 30 minutes ago to find a large brown parcel sitting on the workdesk in my study.

Wondering what it was at first and then tearing it open eagerly I was very pleasantly surprised to find a copy of the lovely new Coffee Table book on the Mahindra Scorpio, a very elegant memento with the Scorpio's image etched within, a CD with The Mahindra Great Escape game - all these, accompanied by a nice personal letter from their Corp. VP.

Like most others, I had read in the various Auto magazines and our Forum here about the release of the Scorpio Coffee Table Book at the Auto Expo, but I never expected that M&M Corporate would actually send me, of all people, my very own copy! Truth be told, I do feel pretty good about it!

I must compliment M&M on the detail and production quality of this book, which shall certainly occupy a special place in my library from today.

I am happy for the bond that my family has shared over the last 30 odd years with the Mahindra vehicles of various types. I am also happy that this bond has either directly or indirectly resulted in my buying first a Bolero and now a Scorpio of my own.

I am one happy customer of the Mahindra family of vehicles!

Cheerio!
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:54   #2
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Shankar! Would you be able to share the table of contents of the book?
Old 23rd February 2010, 07:17   #3
BANNED

Hi

Scorpio Foreword - the beginning
Scorpio Genesis - the birth of the idea
Scorpio Interview - Interview with Dr Goenka
Scorpio Evolution - the movement and development of various facets
Scorpio Power - the facets of the engines and the history
The Road less travelled - various expeditions
Scorpio Adventure - various experiences and consumer endorsements/ testimonials
Scorpio Experience - stuff about the Scorpio 4x4 and Autocar Performance Show etc
The World of Scorpio -distribution and sales of the vehicle around the world
Scorpio Awards -details of the various awards
Scorpio Campaign - the history and chronology of the ad campaign

loads of nice photos and a well written book. Like a tribute to the vehicle.
Old 23rd February 2010, 07:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Shankar, must feel special to get that one from M&M itself - a book that would showcase the ute at it's best.

Would you mind sharing a few shots of the book itself ?
Old 23rd February 2010, 07:55   #5
BHPian

Err... did you ask them for this book? Is it available for sale?
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shankar.Thats a great recognition from Mahindra.
Can you post a scanned copy of the book etc. Hope this could be a herculean task.
Fwd. if you have any link of that stuff. Seems to interesting.
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:10   #7
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Shankar for the TOC, looks very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Can you post a scanned copy of the book etc. Hope this could be a herculean task.
And an useless one too, since it can't be posted here due to copyright violation.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:08   #8
BANNED

@Condor - Sure I will take pics of the book cover etc and post it - to share. Yes, it feels very nice to get the book as a "surprise gift" along with a really nice letter from their Corporate Office. Accompanying these were a game CD of Mahindra Great Escape and a really cute paperweight/ solid cuboid form with an etching of the Scorpio inside! And I must say the quality of the book is really good, the photo spreads are excellent, the paper and print quality also is tops. It gives the feeling that one has received something really special.

@triedeverything - I had read about this book launch at the Auto Expo - apparently it is supposed to become available at leading book stores at the price of Rs 750 or something of the kind. However,it is not yet available in the market.
I didnt ask them for the book. I have, however been in regular touch with M&M in general. Ive shared experiences with them about my Bolero and my Scorpio etc - just as regular consumer feedback. As you know I have been a satisfied and happy customer of Mahindra for quite a long time now, as have several other members of my family.

@ramsagar - as Samurai says, it would be a copyright violation to scan and post the book on the web.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:04   #9
BHPian

Nice. I have started to admire Mahindra & Mahindra a lot. Even on twitter, Mr. Anand Mahindra interacts with everyone like any normal person. Fantastic guy.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:26   #10
BANNED

Pictures of the Book and the Crystal Memento

As asked here go the few shots of the book and the memento:
The book is very well done and the memento is really nice and heavy.
A high quality effort by M&M and it makes the consumer feel like he/she has received a special thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Shankar, must feel special to get that one from M&M itself - a book that would showcase the ute at it's best.

Would you mind sharing a few shots of the book itself ?
Attached Thumbnails
Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc04593.jpg  

Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc04594.jpg  

Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc04596.jpg  

Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc04597.jpg  

Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc04598.jpg  

Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc04599.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 23rd February 2010, 21:12   #11
BHPian

Heyyy! I want one too
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:17   #12
BHPian

Shankar,

Is that a paper-weight with scorpio engraved in? Woah!!! amazing!!
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:40   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

That Scorpio paperweight is really nice, i think they should put them on sale at the accessory counter at the showroom. Ill buy one.
Old 18th March 2010, 16:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

Add me to the club, I have also got my copy from a Mahindra dealer. Amazing book, worth a read and a worthy addition to my huge collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc03975.jpg  

Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc03976.jpg  

Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp-dsc03977.jpg  

Old 25th May 2010, 14:46   #15
BHPian

Seems like very interesting book, need to have one as a proud scorp owner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks