Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2005, 20:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Another example of bias ?

guys,

just came to know that Paheli has beaten Black , Parineeta , Iqbal , Hazaron khwahisein aisi , Mangal Pandey, Swades et all to become India's entry to the Oscars.

What the hell is happening ? first cricket , now movies - i feel anything and everything can be bought in this country.

it sucks !
Old 26th September 2005, 21:03   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

what the hell..paheli at the oscars..come on guys it doesnt deserve to get there..the 1st option was black with the wonderful acting by the little girl ayesha and a brilliant performance by rani..gosh i thought black would give a serious run in the oscars for the best foreign movie..i guess "this happens only in india"..
Old 26th September 2005, 21:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Frustrated, eh? Ever wondered how come, with stereotype performances year after year, SRK bags all FilmFare awards without failure, even when there are far better performances in contention?
Old 26th September 2005, 21:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Spot on RX. all thru the different award functions in India - AB , SRK , Yash Raj movies and music dominate , and yeah they sponsor almost all award functions abroad and quite a few here . so its no surprise but selecting a movie for the Oscars is different , we have to select the BEST ! and again we failed !
Old 26th September 2005, 21:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well i cant comment on Paheli.. but i can tell you i had watched Black first day first show and it touched my emotional inside a lot...
Old 26th September 2005, 22:00   #6
BHPian

I haven't seen Paheli.....but Black was simply superb. BTW, who decides which picture goes as an entry to the oscars?

NC, create a poll and we'll vote for the TBHP entry to the oscars...

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 26th September 2005 at 22:01.
Old 26th September 2005, 22:07   #7
Team-BHP Support

Didn't bother to see Paheli. But, I did watch Iqbal, which was one of the best Hindi films I've ever seen and my aunt told me that Black was excellent too. So I would rather have had one of these two movies nominated for the Oscars.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th September 2005 at 23:27.
Old 26th September 2005, 22:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Black is a copy. It was "inspired" by a European film... I forget the name though...
Old 26th September 2005, 23:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Black is a copy. It was "inspired" by a European film... I forget the name though...
if copying hollywood films would result in movies like BLACK I won't mind all producers copying english movies.

about being bias? I don't know
but definetly Paheli is not worthy to send to oscars
they even nominated DEVDAS for oscars

the another desicion that hurted me the most about bollywood

for the best supposrting actor award was given to Salmaan Khan for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai & NOT to Manoj Bajpai for Satya

that was the day I lost all interest in hindi movies
these days I only watch a few that too after hearing from others
Old 27th September 2005, 00:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

BTW, I did watch Paheli and it was a decent entertainer. But it is no way anywhere close to being nominated for Oscars. It is a different subject, which had tremendous potential, but very average handling of it. I felt it very superficial. Wish, Smita Patil was still alive. She would have been best fit for the role. (Rani is not bad, it is the director who goofed it up).
Old 27th September 2005, 00:35   #11
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i saw Paheli but never in my dreams thought it would go to Oscars. Lagaan was the only movie fit for the oscars.
And I sometimes feel that Karan Johar + SRK + AB + Kajol .... etc etc rule these Filmfare Awards ... as rightly pointed out ... even if there are better performances they are shadowed by these names. Setting Kya?

BTW, how did Saif got National Award and for what?
Old 27th September 2005, 00:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

I find Saif to be far more spontaneous. He has fantastic timing for comedy and his acting seems just so natural. His recent movies are way superior to his old self.
Old 27th September 2005, 01:13   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I find Saif to be far more spontaneous. He has fantastic timing for comedy and his acting seems just so natural. His recent movies are way superior to his old self.
i totally agree to that..specially saifs performances in KHNH,humtum and recently salaam namaste are worthy of being praised..he just looks so bubly and vivacious on the screen and his humorous scences are just too good..well the only reason SRK is winning awards after awards is bcoz people in india still love the senti scenes he comes up with(K3G,mohabbatein,KHNH etc being the remenesence of that) and amir khan refusing to attend or accept any national or filmfare awards..i guess its high time that saif gets the mantel from SRK of being the lead role in the future films..
Old 27th September 2005, 11:08   #14
BHPian

I think they should start holding the Filmfare awards in the backyard of that bungalow "mannat".

Waise bhi, apart from these selected (or rejected) coupla dozen guys, no one goes to the stage.

So why waste time and money.

Paheli preceding Black to the Oscars... man m gonna laugh all day today
Old 27th September 2005, 11:20   #15
BHPian

when i saw this in the news i could only say :WTF:

i have seen black, hazaroon kwahishein, iqbal and i felt that atleast one of these films deserved to be nominated. black is a film class apart. nobody can beat it.

the selectors are arguing that paheli potrays the essence of india. please, it is all about film making and performances at the oscars and nothing else. and paheli has nothing of it. black and iqbal does have some grt performances.

i think indian selectors should have some sense drilled in them to understand what is oscars all about. they should not potray india where ghosts rule the roost.

shubbhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks