Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 13:29   #61
Team-BHP Support

This incident occurred a couple of years back in Chennai.
It may have been rumors fueled by the police or a true story.

They had arrested a rowdy and during investigation, he revealed that not only was he a thief but was a molester/ rapist as well.

He would target young couples sitting along the beach side. These couples for lack of any other options would obviously be in rather desolate spots.

He would force himself on the hapless girls and also steal the money/ jewelery etc.

As the couples would be too scared no reports were filed with the police.

Last edited by bblost : 17th March 2010 at 13:38.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

@bblost
What you mention is true. It happened at an isolated beach on the ECR. A group of rif-raff from a nearby fishing village was targeting couples for a long time till they were finally apprehended.

A similar gang was apprehended from Mukkombu near Kallanai, Trichy.

Last edited by Gansan : 17th March 2010 at 13:44.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

^^^ This is one of the technique adopted by the thief, if not this something other. I'm wondering why no one has bought theatres into picture; aren't the worst things happening in the theatres or is it everything hidden in darkness so no one bothers about it?

OT - Gosh!!! this is the hottest thread running today & appears to be updated every minute or so for last 5 hours
Old 17th March 2010, 13:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

There are famous tourist spots in kerala where tourists are seen in semi nude state, when ever i have been to such places i have seen a lot of onlookers ogling at them, Well i will narate another incidance, i was i hyderabad and there was this girl in my cab getting dropped along with others, as soon as all others were dropped this girl politly asked me if she can light up a smoke, i said i have no issues. Soon by the time her smoke was finished, she was at her home. She thanked and got down. The next moment i see is the cab driver telling me "Sir all these girls should be hit with slippers". I was quite shocked, i asked him why, he said, "if you let out girls they will bring bad name to family:. I asked him if he smokes, he said he does, i asked him if he tried weed, he prowdly said yes, i asked him is he not bringing bad name for his family, to that he said "guys can do all that", He also narrated a story of how he ganged up against some movie going girls and beat them up couple of days back. When i further intervened, he was more into getting his hands warmed when dealing with such situations, what a pervert.

I feel we have other important things to take care off as a country. We are progressing, the cultures are getting mixed, would anyone care to go and tell a kissing american that this is india and we have moral values. I remeber last time i went to my parents house i was watching TV with my younger sister who is seven years younger to me, there was some stupid reality show on mtv which she used to regularly follow, the show was more of abuse than reality, i could not stand it, but later realised, if i act uncomfortable my sister might feel the same, Luckily my mom rescued me by calling me inside . I feel there are more chances of kids getting spoiled at home through TV and internet than going to parks. Gone are the days when a flower used to fall on another to symbolize love making, now a days TV shows the real thing, There might be a very good chance that your kid might know more things today than what you knew in his age.

When i was a kid and used to live in Delhi, I used to study in KV gole market, there was this huge park called talkatora garden behind my school, i have herd a lot of stories about this place from friends and seniors, but trust me i have not seen one my self though we used to go there a lot to play cricket, may be its all in your eyesight, what might look normal to me might look obscene to you. Kiran Bedi used to come for her morning walks there along with other major political figures, still there was this so called immoral activities happening there.

When i first reached hyderabad during my talks with my team members, they asked me not to go to neclace road after 8 pm, when i asked them the reason they said a lot of immoral activities. I have never been to that place with my wife, just because i dont want to take chances, so its better to have knowledge of places where such things are common and avoid those places when with wife/kids.

Pramod
Old 17th March 2010, 13:57   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

God, if this country starts moderating this kind of stuff, am outta this place!
Old 17th March 2010, 14:01   #66
BHPian

Oh boy, this thread is really popular, isn't it? Lol. Everyone has their own opinion, I guess..
Old 17th March 2010, 14:07   #67
MX6
Senior - BHPian

My humble opinion on this.
The first time I took the train from Bengaluru to Mumbai almost 10 years back, it was a great experience till Pune. From pune to Karjat, the train comes down the ghats and I've never seen anything so beautiful in a railway line till now. I was travelling on the 30th of July with the ghats in full glory due to monsoons.
The sun peeped out and once I came near Kalyan, I was shocked.
Along the railway line squatted 1000s of men, proudly displaying their privates, excreting in public.
It was the most nauseating thing. Thank god, no women folk travelled with me.
Cut 9 years forward. I got used to seeing such a thing.

In India it's fine to squat naked gloriously exposing your privates much to the chagrin of hapless travellers and excreting in public. But a peck or a hug or even a passionate kiss is taboo!

Last year, I went down on a business trip from pune to mumbai. I thought I seen it all till I came across a person with a goat on the tracks near Kalyan.

Now, that's not just PDA. It's also PDB (public display of beast*****ty)

With morons all around, it's better we don't take our kids and women folk. Better restrict oneself to safe zones.

But with satellite television bringing every rotten thing to the drawing room, it's better we teach educating our offsprings, before the warped images they see teach them wrong things.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:09   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I came across a person with a goat on the tracks near Kalyan.
Oh man I cant believe this.

Last edited by Spitfire : 17th March 2010 at 14:11.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

@coloneljasi
Ha ha! To slightly (mis)quote Leon Uris, "Give five Indians in a room a common topic for discussion, they will give six opinions"!

Last edited by Gansan : 17th March 2010 at 14:15.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
n best time of day to visit them is afternoon
Best time to visit them?????? Well here is a germ of a solution. S T A R E at them... in groups. What say?

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 17th March 2010 at 14:51.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:04   #71
BHPian

As far as one's concern for their kids goes, I think it's not the couples in parks that would by any chance hammer the mindset of a child about the way "things" go!! Coz the actual murderer stays at your home, in your living room; that's right, I'm talking about a little thing called the TV!!! While the parents are out for work and the kids come back from school, all excited about being home alone in the vicinity of their 2 best friends viz, the TV and the computer; one hardly has a chance to control these things.
Agreed that we've got functions like child-lock and ban on certain channels, but seldom do we notice that it's the kids who get accustomed to using the remote control before grown ups do!!!

Lately, cases of paedophilia, rape and murder have been on a rise. But I say, why won't they be? When parents themselves encourage(read force) their pre-teen daughters to strut the ramp in bikinis and you see skimpily clad 9 year olds impersonating Lady Gaga on national television, how can we expect to have a control on immoral crimes?
Till now, I only thought that the world is falling apart, but now I know it is...
Take the example of social networking sites like Facebook, for instance. You see 14 and 15 year olds in "relationships"!!! Wonder what they're upto. Curiosity #101? Anyone?

Couples indulging in softcore acts of intimacy in parks/hang out spots is their own thing. As long as it's not affecting the lives of the ones witnessing such activities, it's all fine.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post

(2) Who decides what is culturally accepted.
I would overlook all your other points, because they are moot and have been beaten to death, and answer this one.

The answer is : "The majority". May be I should say "the mob". If one decides to be a revolutionary and stick out like a sore thumb, it is their personal choice, they alone should face the consequences and not crib about the society.

That said, If a couple indulges in PDA and is held at bay by AS elements, I too would not hesitate to go to their rescue, even though I would not approve of their behaviour. That is but mere humanity.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I would overlook all your other points, because they are moot and have been beaten to death, and answer this one.

The answer is : "The majority". May be I should say "the mob". If one decides to be a revolutionary and stick out like a sore thumb, it is their personal choice, they alone should face the consequences and not crib about the society.

That said, If a couple indulges in PDA and is held at bay by AS elements, I too would not hesitate to go to their rescue, even though I would not approve of their behaviour. That is but mere humanity.
Funny, I was just reading this:
"...democracy is, properly speaking, necessarily a despotism,
because it establishes an executive power in which "all" decide for
or even against one who does not agree; that is, "all", who are not quite all,
decide, and this is a contradiction of the general will with itself and with freedom."

-Immanuel Kant

Gansan, Next what: thought police?

Last edited by bblost : 17th March 2010 at 15:22. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
God, if this country starts moderating this kind of stuff, am outta this place!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Last year, I went down on a business trip from pune to mumbai. I thought I

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Remember the three monkeys? Just close your eyes, and the problem, will go away. Why trouble somebody who is just having fun and not harming anybody else. There are far worse things in this world to be bothered about!

You see what you want to see. Why a park,looks around your parking area!

Live and let live.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:22   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The answer is : "The majority". May be I should say "the mob".
One of the crucial elements of democracy is to make sure that individual rights do not get eroded because of what the majority thinks.
The same thing that happened with article 377 recently. It doesn't matter what the majority thinks. The constitution is there to protect an individual's rights, regardless of whether the majority is for or against it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks