Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 09:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Help needed in Mumbai

We are admitting my mother in Lilavati hospital for some medical procedure. This is unplanned and none of us ever traveled to Mumbai.

I need some help

1. How far is Lilavati hospital from the domestic airport? How much will a cab cost?
2. Any decent and budget hotels close to the hospital? How is Hotel rang sharda? I read online it is just 3 mins away from the hospital.

Thank you
Old 21st March 2010, 10:15   #2
BHPian

Hello Satish,

Lilavati is 20-45 minute drive from the domestic airport. it is in Bandra reclamation area, easy access is through western Express highway toward the sealink.

All Mumbai Taxi drivers should be able to take u there.

Sorry, I have no ideas about Rang Sharda,

In any case, all the best and wishing your mom a speedy recovery.

Cheers,
Old 21st March 2010, 10:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

1. Lilavati is just a 20min drive from Domestic Airport. You should not find any traffic on the stretch. A cab should cost you around Rs.60-70, though I'm not sure.
2. Hotel Rang Sharda is a good hotel but expect the rates to be a little on the higher side cuz finding a budget hotel in Bandra(W) is really difficult. The hotel is indeed at a walking distance from the hospital.

Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

here's the route for your reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Help needed in Mumbai-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 21st March 2010 at 10:36.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:36   #4

1. Not more than Rs. 100

2. Hotel Rang Sharda is on same road. The one behind roadside shanties when seen from flyover? It seems good.

All the best!
Old 21st March 2010, 16:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

All the hotels close by to the hospital seem to be charging Rs. 4000 upwards. Is there any decent hotel in the range of Rs.2000? On landing, we are staying in Hotel Airport International.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lilavati is 20 minutes from the airport and Rang Sharda is a 3-5 minute walk from Lilavati.

Will let you know about the hotels in your budget.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

If there is only one person with patient, then hotel is not really required.

Lilavati's Twin sharing and better rooms are comfortable for attendent.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

The avergae traveeling time from airport to Lilavati is about 25-45 monutes. Depending on traffic hours (7-10 am & 04-10pm). The domestic airport is bang on the western highway & as soonest you come out of airport, the taxi/auto will take left turn onto western highway & continue straight. Keep an eye on signboards which are prominently placed all over highway. Once you see 'Bandra Reclamation' signboard, Look at your right hand side & you will be able to see light brown with LILAVATI prominently written on top of building. There are few budget hotels in vicinity of hospital for families of patients staying in Lilavati.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:52   #9
BHPian

You could try Lucky Hotel. It's decent and should be in your budget, thou not very close to Lilavati Hospital but travelling should take you around 10mts to reach.

Hotel Lucky
Junction Of Station Bandra
Bandra (W), Mumbai - 400050.

Phone: 26442973
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Here is one you could try

Hotel Siddhartha
#368, Siddharth Building
S.V. Road
Bandra West
Mumbai -400050
Landmark: Near Bandra Lake
Phone: 022-26424326, 022-42084999

This is about 10 min from Lilavati by Autorickshaw.

I called them. Its 3000/- per night for a double room and 2400/- for a single room. Taxes extra.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:56   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Satish,

Don't sweat. Lots of BHPians in Mumbai to help you guys out. I'm going to PM you my number, feel free to call anytime.

First & foremost, I hope you Mother is springing back on her feet real soon. Please let her know that she has our best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
We are admitting my mother in Lilavati hospital for some medical procedure. This is unplanned and none of us ever traveled to Mumbai.
When are you admitting her? If you haven't decided on the hospital, it may be worth your while to give Hinduja Hospital a visit. It's the absolute best hospital in Bombay. Reasonable charges + high standard of ethics.

Quote:
How far is Lilavati hospital from the domestic airport? How much will a cab cost?
Always go PRE-PAID! Before you walk out the final door of the domestic airport, you'll see a prepaid taxi counter. Pay them a fixed price and walk out to your cab. No haggling.
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:58   #12
BHPian

@ Satish, I guess you would have an idea on the distance from the airport, check this link out Just Dial - India's No.1 local search engine
Key words,to chose the hotel is the area around Lilavati - Bandra, Khar, Santacruz, Mahim, Dadar. PLS IGNORE THE Navi Mumbai hotels, (I could not filter them out).
Also check craigslist: mumbai classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events &
Large room in shared apartment in Bandra

Also as GTO suggests Hinduja is a very good hospital, if you have the time consider it also.

All the Best & GodSpeed.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for all the inputs. Appreciate your response. This is beyond my expectation.

We are back in Hyd and will return back to Mumbai on Friday. We gave samples for Biopsy and the results are going to take few days. Hence we returned back to Hyd.

We were put up in Hotel Airport Internation near the Aiport. We got a fair deal Rs. 4000 (Including taxes, breakfast and extra mattress). We booked through a friend of my B-in-lay who is a captain in Jet airways.

We opted for Lilavati because the surgeon we wanted is in that hospital. We are planning to request him to perform the surgery in another hospital. This should be possible.

Will update when i have more details.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:59   #14
BHPian

Just saw your thread and noticed that you've got enough responses. If you need any assistance while you're in Bombay, feel free to PM me. Wish your mum a complete and speedy recovery.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:22   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
We opted for Lilavati because the surgeon we wanted is in that hospital. We are planning to request him to perform the surgery in another hospital. This should be possible.
Ah, that's cool. Knowing a doctor in Lilavati is important to getting quality treatment from that hospital (from personal experience).

Hope your Mum's in the pink of health ASAP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks