Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2005, 11:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Try the Bogmallo Beach resort. Safe beach. Away from the crowd and I think the off season rates should be 8,000 for the time you want to spend out there.
great choice.

I just found that beach just like that and had lotsa fun..
a small restaurent at the corner of the beach serves amazing food too (by that of course I mean Seafood )

By other locations, Calangute/baga will be crowded and there are plenty of good hotels around there..
but if you are the quiet, enjoy the time, rather than party oriented guy and are with family (wife/Gf) with a peaceful , relaxing and fun vacation in mind, Bogmalo/Candolim etc are better

If you wanna do some fun stufff (para gliding, watching dolphins) you can gor to Calangute for coupla days or Margao.
Old 5th October 2005, 11:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

been twice to goa - both times at Cidade-de-Goa.

Cost me 18-20K for 2 persons (3days) and return tickets by Indian Airlines. Nice chilled out place - if all you want to do is laze around go to any big resort , they have lotsa stuff to do at the resort and private beaches too.

If you want to see the real Goa - try out the stuff some guys have suggested here. rough it out and u will have fun. (not recommended if u going with the family)
Old 5th October 2005, 14:00   #18

Choose a place in North Goa - thats where most of the "fun" happens.

Most of the better places to eat are in North Goa. The best Pubs & Discos are also in the North.

Generally ... the North is a more happening place.
Old 5th October 2005, 16:03   #19
BHPian

Finalized Kenilworth.

Thanks for all the tips guys!

Well, my first choice was Ramada or Heritage Village Club (based on Internet research). But they were booked to capacity on my dates.

So tried Cidade, Majorda, Bogmallo, Dona Sylvia. Ditto on the bookings. Finally managed a place in Kenilworth - looks like a 5* place (~15k). Anybody been there? What should I expect?

@Busa - Really? Majorda is haunted? Any personal experiences?

Last edited by camry93 : 5th October 2005 at 16:05.
Old 27th October 2005, 21:00   #20
BHPian

would recommend on doing a search on Lonely Planet Website
Go into the the thorn tree forum...Select India..& Search..
It is THE resource for travelling...(umm..not sure about family getaways)..but works for backpackers like me...
Old 28th October 2005, 00:08   #21
BHPian

Well dude I have stayed @ Cidade De Goa really cool place to stay I duno about the package because my agent had done the bookings and my cousine had paid for all the expenses......had a real good time there, it is located at Dauna paula (pardon me if any spelling mistakes)
Old 28th October 2005, 01:15   #22
BHPian

hey dude,
i wud suggest u 2 go to club mahindra resorts. its at the best location of goa (white sand). moreover it has amazing food & ambience. check out the details on website. and ya it also has a private beach with dune shack.

i feel its a total paisa vasool..

enjoy.
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:15   #23
BHPian

Hi Friends

I am getting a good deal at Majorda beach resort in end Nov for 5 nights/ ^ days package. Has anyone of you been there recently? What do you suggest - should I go ahead and do the booking?

I did some research on NET and found that no resort is really perfect in terms of the online reviews. I desired to get Cidade but looks like its completely full during that period. suggest

-svaid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks