Team-BHP - Passport Renewal Procedure
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Passport Renewal Procedure (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/78424-passport-renewal-procedure-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasoo (Post 1908641)
My daughter's passport need to be renewed and I require extra booklet for my passport. Is attestation mandatory for the document copies? Why do they need it when we are also submitting the original documents for verification? How do you guys get them attested?

I renewed my passport just recently. They do not keep the originals. They only keep the copies. Since they do not retain originals, they want the copies to be attested. They only ask for originals along with the copies to verify at the counter and then they give back the originals immediately.

You can get them attested by notary public or by a gazetted officer if you know one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 1913688)
So how do they veify if the previous address is same as that mentioned in the passport? ;) A person might have changed addresses umpteen number of times in the last 10 years.

I cant understand why even current address is required!! Why cant they just take the permanant address and be happy (and let people also be happy). Nobody is sure of remaining at a single place their whole life. (Although permanant address can also change in strictest sense but still it is going to be a bit more 'permanant' than current address!)

If there is a change in the address between the old passport and the new one, then a proof of address is required that shows that you have been staying in the new address for at least a year. Like a rental agreement dated more than a year ago, or if own house, then a tax receipt dated more than a year ago. A verification of the new address will be required as part of the process.

If the address in the new passport is the same as the old one, then there is no need to show any proof, nor is any verification required since it is assumed that the verification is already done for the same address in the old passport.

Prajwal

Has anyone done their passport renewal application at a passport Seva Kendra (PSK) in Bangalore recently? Some colleagues who went there told me that there was complete chaos, with them having to go at 5 a.m. and returning at 6 p.m., just to submit the application. Some folks went in the morning and by the time they reached near the mouth of the queue in the evening, were told to come again later. This was at the Lalbagh PSK.
I called up the Passport Seva helpline 1800-250-1800 and I was told that I would have to go to the PSK to submit the application and that the Regional Passport Office (RPO) in Koramangala wasn't accepting applications. Also, Bangalore-1 doesn't accept renewal applications for passports with valid visas.

Does anyone have similar experiences about the Lalbagh PSK or the Marathahalli ORR PSK?

Appreciate any responses.

think have to wait a month's time to get things streamlined at PSKs. Heard that PSK's are a mess now. Bangalore-1s and passport offices accepted applications. Since passport office has stopped receiving applications, truck loads of people will land up in PSKs.

I went to the PSK for PCC. I had filled and submitted the application online and got an application reference number (ARN). With that in hand, i landed at the PSK and did not have to get into any queue to get a token. Presented the ARN at the counter and got the token. After that it was a three step process.
I had reached there at 9 and left at 12:30 (which included 30 minutes of system down time and one hour waiting for a stamp to come from the RPO)
So, i think it helps if you do as much as possible online. Dont try to fix an appointment though. Just submit your forms, upload the documents and land up at the PSK with the originals and printout of ARN.
Agreed there is some chaos there. You have to go through a three stage process. First stage is with a Customer Support Executive (CSE) who takes the fee, photo, fingerprints etc. Second stage is with a Verification Officer who verifies all your documents and third and final and most painful stage is where you meet the Government Officer.

Finally managed to get my wife's passport application converted to tatkal. Her application status was not moving from "police verification not recd". We checked with Bannerghatta PS and they said they had sent it to Superintendent's Office on 19th May. The lady at the enquiry counter at the RPO first refused to convert to tatkal, saying they wont do it unless police verification is obtained. We didn't have any "justification letter" for converting to tatkal either.
So, i went to the SP office on Miller Road. There, they showed me that they had sent the file to RPO on 31st May. Took xerox of that ledger and showed it back at the inquiry counter. Finally, the guy who enters the PV reports was asked to pull out her report and enter it into the system. We paid the tatkal fee and got confirmation that PP will be dispatched on 9th June.
Phew!

I had the passport renewal done for my wife and kids in chennai. It was a total chaos and mis-management to the core.
In spite of online appointment at 10:00 am, by the time my wifes' turn came, it was 5.30 pm in the evening. My wife's application was not accepted saying not enough residence proof available and was asked to come on another day.

My son's application was accepted and when i went to pay the fees, they have already left by 4:30 pm. grr.. so another half day wasted on the following day.

I heard bangalore passport office is much better and hassle free. Is it so?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1926397)
Finally managed to get my wife's passport application converted to tatkal. Her application status was not moving from "police verification not recd". We checked with Bannerghatta PS and they said they had sent it to Superintendent's Office on 19th May. The lady at the enquiry counter at the RPO first refused to convert to tatkal, saying they wont do it unless police verification is obtained. We didn't have any "justification letter" for converting to tatkal either.
So, i went to the SP office on Miller Road. There, they showed me that they had sent the file to RPO on 31st May. Took xerox of that ledger and showed it back at the inquiry counter. Finally, the guy who enters the PV reports was asked to pull out her report and enter it into the system. We paid the tatkal fee and got confirmation that PP will be dispatched on 9th June.
Phew!

Can you please let me know the statuses that would appear on the portal for your wife's passport. I did all the works at PSK under tatkal on 2ndJune. The status showed that passport will be dispatched in 1 day. its been almost a week since then, I am still getting the same status.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaops (Post 1926635)
Can you please let me know the statuses that would appear on the portal for your wife's passport. I did all the works at PSK under tatkal on 2ndJune. The status showed that passport will be dispatched in 1 day. its been almost a week since then, I am still getting the same status.

"The promised dispatch/collection date of your passport is 09/06/10 "

Almost a week!! :eek: now i am also apprehensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1926673)
"The promised dispatch/collection date of your passport is 09/06/10 "

Almost a week!! :eek: now i am also apprehensive.

The acknowledgement reciept for me does not mention the date. Did you get that at the exit counter in the PSK or somewhere else.

Don't believe the status, it is not always updated. For my mother the status was still "Gone for Printing" or something when we received the passport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaops (Post 1926766)
The acknowledgement reciept for me does not mention the date. Did you get that at the exit counter in the PSK or somewhere else.

This was at the RPO because the application was submitted on 11th April. The lady at the counter gave this date as the dispatch date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 1926787)
Don't believe the status, it is not always updated.

I can easily believe this. They are anyway overloaded with normal work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1926875)
This was at the RPO because the application was submitted on 11th April. The lady at the counter gave this date as the dispatch date.

Thats why you got the date, they have stopped giving the dates at the PSK, and I know RPO work good with the old system. My wife's passport was dispatched as mentioned by the lady at the RPO.Gud luck for you.

Hopefully the same happens for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaops (Post 1926966)
Thats why you got the date, they have stopped giving the dates at the PSK, and I know RPO work good with the old system. My wife's passport was dispatched as mentioned by the lady at the RPO.Gud luck for you.

Hopefully the same happens for me.

clap:I got my passport today, thankfully. The status online still says that the passport will be dispatched in 1 day.Now need to get the PV done. anyone knows the process for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1926397)
Phew!

Which passport office did you visit to convert your wife's passport application from normal to tatkal. I have applied at PSK under normal, now I want to convert it into tatkal, but the guys at koramangala passport office told me that currently there is no provision to convert a normal PSK application to tatkal.

I guess my police verification has been completed as my current status shows as "You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched."

Any idea what does the above status actually mean, its been in the above status for more than a week now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_alex (Post 1981307)
Which passport office did you visit to convert your wife's passport application from normal to tatkal. I have applied at PSK under normal, now I want to convert it into tatkal, but the guys at koramangala passport office told me that currently there is no provision to convert a normal PSK application to tatkal.

I guess my police verification has been completed as my current status shows as "You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched."

Any idea what does the above status actually mean, its been in the above status for more than a week now.

Well, this was before the PSKs started up. We had submitted the application at BangaloreOne center.

Your status message though seems to suggest that you should be getting your passport in the next week or so.

It is surprising though that the PSKs do not allow a conversion to tatkal. Did you check with someone at a PSK?