Team-BHP - Passport Renewal Procedure
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Passport Renewal Procedure (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/78424-passport-renewal-procedure-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by REMU (Post 1987318)
Vinay, Now that is some info. Thanks Man for sharinf the same. Had a query over the Annexure I affidavit process at Mayo hall. Is there any point one or records in particular one should carry for the process.

Thanks in advance

Just carry an address proof copy. When you enter Mayo Hall court, notary advocates will catch you. You don't need to go to anyone :). Just tell them, you need Annexure I affidavit for passport. They will start saying some irrelevant rates like Rs. 500/600.

And try your best to negotiate the rate for the affidavit. I have paid Rs. 200 but heard that I paid more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay.pillai (Post 1987398)
Just carry an address proof copy. When you enter Mayo Hall court, notary advocates will catch you. You don't need to go to anyone :). Just tell them, you need Annexure I affidavit for passport. They will start saying some irrelevant rates like Rs. 500/600.

And try your best to negotiate the rate for the affidavit. I have paid Rs. 200 but heard that I paid more.

If I recollect correctly, Annexure I is the one that is to be made on Rs 20 stamp paper. If yes, then then you should easily find notaries doing it in 100 bucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaops (Post 1987592)
If I recollect correctly, Annexure I is the one that is to be made on Rs 20 stamp paper. If yes, then then you should easily find notaries doing it in 100 bucks.

Yes, you are true babaops. I couldn't bargain much that time as I was in hurry. No one was ready to go below 200 and I had to return early but you can get it done for Rs. 100 especially during their EOD (this is what I was told later).

hi all,
I had raised the application online on 15th July, and got an appointment for 10th Aug. However, just to try my luck, i thought of going directly to try and get a token and finish the process as i had almost a month for the appointment.

I went to PSK at Marathalli at 6am, hoping to get the token. Someone had taken down the names of the people who had come early, in the order in which they had come.

I was there at 6am, and realised that there were about 150 people before me. The security guy told that 100 tokens will be issues, and so, i knew i had no chance.

Just returned back and got more sleep :).

Moral of the story:
1. If you go to PSK - go by 5am or earlier if possible.
2. If you can get the appointment, nothing like it.

NOW i have a new problem. My wife's passport also is due to expire next month. I have submitted an online application, but i am not getting an appointment within the next 1 month. Now, if i take an appointment AFTER 1 month, will the online application expire - in that case will the appointment also expire?

Hi,
I had applied for my passport renewal during the first week of march but the status shows that the passport number assignment is pending. Can someone tell me if it takes so long for a passport to be processed. Its almost 4 months since i have applied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1905787)
Welcome to the world of Passport renewal fiasco that is so rampant in almost all cities of our country.

Hi Sir I have for applied for passport in 2007 while doing my B.Tech. And now Iam working in BHEL, Hyderabad. So I want to renew the passport with my new address. Can you explain me the procedure for this? Iam also ready to wait for 6 months for receiving the passport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencity (Post 1997426)
Hi Sir I have for applied for passport in 2007 while doing my B.Tech. And now Iam working in BHEL, Hyderabad. So I want to renew the passport with my new address. Can you explain me the procedure for this? Iam also ready to wait for 6 months for receiving the passport.

if address is the only reason to get the passport renewed, then you are going the wrong direction, no need to change the address. Let it be whatever it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaops (Post 1997863)
if address is the only reason to get the passport renewed, then you are going the wrong direction, no need to change the address. Let it be whatever it is.

So it does not matter what ever the address may be for passport.
Now if get from my company to visit another company then will it not be able a problem while getting visa or is it enough another address proof?
Can u please clarify?please:

Hi Sai,

It is not required to change the address if you work / change companies. The address in the passport is permanent Address and it will not affect for getting any visa's.

Cheers !
Otmobil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otomobil (Post 2000781)
Hi Sai,

It is not required to change the address if you work / change companies. The address in the passport is permanent Address and it will not affect for getting any visa's.

Cheers !
Otmobil.

even if it is not a permanent address no problem , I have seen a lot of people who applied for passport in college and continued using it further without issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaops (Post 2001068)
even if it is not a permanent address no problem , I have seen a lot of people who applied for passport in college and continued using it further without issues.

Thanks a lot for the confirmation guys.:Cheering:

I submitted my passport renewal through PSK last week. It was pretty long process, took about 4hours, even though I had submitted documents and appointment online. By the way, I don't see an option on their website for checking the application status. Have anybody done that or should I try the toll-free number?

I also hear that the PSKs in Bangalore have now stopped the "walk-in" appointments. Hereafter only online appointments are allowed. Not sure how does that work for Tatkal services.

Try this link to check application status: http://rpobangalore.gov.in/npassport.asp

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 2032620)
Try this link to check application status: http://rpobangalore.gov.in/npassport.asp

These links dont work for applications submited at PSK. The file numbers and ARNs genrated in PSK are of different format with some 15 characters.

Try this vasoo
Passport Seva Portal