Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 19:42   #1
BHPian

Buying Car stuff from China over Internet

Guys, Need your advice. I am planning to get a OEM compatible Head Unit for my Outlander that has DVD, GPS, Ipod, TV Tuner etc etc. This is Canbus integrated and support plug and play with compatibility with OEM Rockford Fosgate DSP system/Amp/Sub

I have found a company in China which manufactures OEM HU for Outlander. I have done research and am now ready to place order. The payment can be made by Wire transfer/PayPal/Western Union.

The unit will be couriered by DHL from China.

I am a worried if there can be custom issues or unneccessary hold up etc by customs.

Please guide and advice me.

Thanks
-Rishi
Old 10th April 2010, 08:48   #2
BHPian

If it is being couriered by DHL from china. You will have to pay custom duty. Please confirm the place is it china or hongkong ?
Old 10th April 2010, 09:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

DHL will clear the customs and pay the duty on your behalf.

When the parcel reaches your DHL/DHL-partner regional office they will call you and inform you of the duty amount they paid and will ask you to keep a DD ready for them. Then they will forward the package to your local DHL/partner-office and they delivers it to you and you hand over the DD. You will get the package with duty paid receipt and bill of entry documents.

This is how it works for UPS and FedEx, so DHL system might be the same.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Guys, Need your advice. I am planning to get a OEM compatible Head Unit for my Outlander that has DVD, GPS, Ipod, TV Tuner etc etc. This is Canbus integrated and support plug and play with compatibility with OEM Rockford Fosgate DSP system/Amp/Sub

I have found a company in China which manufactures OEM HU for Outlander. I have done research and am now ready to place order. The payment can be made by Wire transfer/PayPal/Western Union.

The unit will be couriered by DHL from China.

I am a worried if there can be custom issues or unneccessary hold up etc by customs.

Please guide and advice me.

Thanks
-Rishi
There is no issue if the invoice is not undervalued by the company, And DHL and most of the courier companies handle the customs. Try to get it down by UPS, they are cheaper than most of the courier companies, and take similar or quicker to reach the destination.

Last edited by Dippy : 13th April 2010 at 12:08. Reason: Avoid quoting an entire long post when replying to a thread. Thanks.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:17   #5
BHPian

I don't have exact information about the same.

I remember the there was some certificate from US - which were declared some value resulting exise on certificate of rs 2500.

I don't have exact information but would enquire & let u know once i enquire from My Custom & Exise people.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 10th April 2010, 09:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
There is no issue if the invoice is not undervalued by the company, And DHL and most of the courier companies handle the customs. Try to get it down by UPS, they are cheaper than most of the courier companies, and take similar or quicker to reach the destination.
Point to note Rishi. Ask the company not to undervalue the invoice. If the invoice is grossly undervalued, the customs will calculate the duty according to the value they have with them, which could be more than what you actually paid for. I have had such an experience with a watch i got from US. The company undervalued the invoice by more than 50% without me even mentioning it(they must've tried to help me.. lol), and customs guys charged me for more than actuals :-(
Old 11th April 2010, 19:40   #7
BANNED

hi
first to get money inside china is difficult only if the company has a bank account in hongkong
is easy for u to tranfer the money
also be carefull some time what chinese promise are not exactly true
also normal companeis which do oem manufacuring donot sell there product in public my advice is be carefull
regards
narry

Last edited by Dippy : 13th April 2010 at 12:06. Reason: Avoid quoting a long post when replying to a thread. Thanks
Old 11th April 2010, 23:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Which company is this? Caska?
Old 12th April 2010, 13:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Please confirm the place is it china or hongkong ?
The place is China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
DHL will clear the customs and pay the duty on your behalf.

When the parcel reaches your DHL/DHL-partner regional office they will call you and inform you of the duty amount they paid and will ask you to keep a DD ready for them. Then they will forward the package to your local DHL/partner-office and they delivers it to you and you hand over the DD. You will get the package with duty paid receipt and bill of entry documents.

This is how it works for UPS and FedEx, so DHL system might be the same.
Thanks this is good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Thanks for your advice, this is a good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
I don't have exact information about the same.

I remember the there was some certificate from US - which were declared some value resulting exise on certificate of rs 2500.

I don't have exact information but would enquire & let u know once i enquire from My Custom & Exise people.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Thansk Anupam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Point to note Rishi. Ask the company not to undervalue the invoice. If the invoice is grossly undervalued, the customs will calculate the duty according to the value they have with them, which could be more than what you actually paid for. I have had such an experience with a watch i got from US. The company undervalued the invoice by more than 50% without me even mentioning it(they must've tried to help me.. lol), and customs guys charged me for more than actuals :-(
Thanks, will take care of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
first to get money inside china is difficult only if the company has a bank account in hongkong
is easy for u to tranfer the money
also be carefull some time what chinese promise are not exactly true
also normal companeis which do oem manufacuring donot sell there product in public my advice is be carefull
regards
narry
Thanks for the advice Narry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Which company is this? Caska?
AbhiJ, the company name is CompuCN

I have one more question, since I do not have a PayPal account, I have asked a friend of mine in US to pay on my behalf. Would that be a problem?
Old 12th April 2010, 14:57   #10
BHPian

Dude, R u sure you want to buy stuff from China....?

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (r = are, u = you, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th April 2010 at 11:36. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Dont have many options. Mitsubishi north america, only place from where I can pick up on next trip, sells same model for $3000. This product has HD LCD screen and has good reviews across World in various forums.
Old 13th April 2010, 04:44   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Dont have many options. Mitsubishi north america, only place from where I can pick up on next trip, sells same model for $3000. This product has HD LCD screen and has good reviews across World in various forums.
hi
well i checked this company compucn
this company is in shenzen so they must have a bank account in hongkong because shenzen is next to hk most electronic companies have bank account in hongkong
if u want i can call then and check if they are real because i also live in shenzen
regards
narry
Old 13th April 2010, 14:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Do you mean something like this ... Coagent Electronic S&T Co., Ltd.|MAZDA series|TOYOTA series|HONDA series|CHEVROLET series|FORD series

Caska has its agent in India...
Old 14th April 2010, 20:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
well i checked this company compucn
this company is in shenzen so they must have a bank account in hongkong because shenzen is next to hk most electronic companies have bank account in hongkong
if u want i can call then and check if they are real because i also live in shenzen
regards
narry

Thanks that will be a BIG help. The contact name is Michael Zhang. Also if you can try and negotiate price for "Outlander DVD 8" digital Rockford Fosgate and CAN Bus compatible Music system" Please PM me post you get rates from them. Thanks a ton in advance. Regards, -Rishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Do you mean something like this ... Coagent Electronic S&T Co., Ltd.|MAZDA series|TOYOTA series|HONDA series|CHEVROLET series|FORD series

Caska has its agent in India...
Thanks AbhiJ, can you PM me more details? Thanks.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th April 2010 at 15:27. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 14th April 2010, 20:59   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Yes, i am sure.

Why buy from anywhere else when everything you buy from any other country is originally produced in China anyway. This way the 3rd party country is making profit for nothing.

Chinas ecommerce industry is well established more than you are aware of (probabaly because of language differences)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks