Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 12:32   #1
BHPian

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars

Hello,

Bengaluru, referred as Jammaluru has some good things too. I let the pictures do the talking.

PS: Pictures depicted here below are sole property and work of Original Photographers. The photos have been copied to showcase the beauty around.
Attached Thumbnails
Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4217544199_36aa562769_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4217548311_ee3e165e3d_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4218306104_2f9c7b6db6_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4218306726_8f8ed68ca3_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4218307686_33cb79014f_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4218309484_9371dfa815_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4218310260_68388f2f83_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4218312836_461353ac71_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4218314710_82a25805bb_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4224976413_c25376bd5e_b.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4224976965_51d658db60_b.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4225745102_70666b7938_b.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-4494141802_b1063e8478_o.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-b6st5e.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc06151j.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-img_3434.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-jccircle.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture7t.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture9m.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture10a.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture11i.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture17bv.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture24gf.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture26m.jpg  

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-picture27g.jpg  

Old 15th April 2010, 13:02   #2
BANNED

Ah.. BRILLIANT THREAD.

This is just awesome. I really love to watch the painters working on these paintings.

Actually a month back I guess. I spend about 2 hours with the painters doing up the walls on the Marathahalli junction. I got some tea and refreshments for them and was talking to them in toota-foota kannada and hindi. It was just amazing to watch them work.

Please people all those travelling on these route stop and appreciate the effort gone into these paintings.

I am a big fan of this.

What a brilliant idea. Kudos to whoever came up with this idea.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I am a big fan of this.

What a brilliant idea. Kudos to whoever came up with this idea.

Considering how walls were defaced earlier, such a move served to beautify the drab surroundings, as well as depict the historical importance of Karnataka.

I also believe stickers bills on the walls are being dealt with severely these days. I remember reading in the newspaper how some theatre owners were pulled up for cinema posters adorning public walls.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:48   #4
BHPian

nice initiative

This is a really nice initiative from BBMP.

Their official statement on the paintings - > BBMP Wall Paintings

Note: There is a video of the paintings running on the right hand side of the page.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:52   #5
BHPian

Splending initiative from the BBMP. Its indeed very pleasing to the eye compared to all thos garish posters and notices that used to be stuck on these walls earlier. I hope the public in general will maintain the paintings as is and not stick any posters on them.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:23   #6
BHPian

I have heard, somewhere in Banshankari/Padmanam nagar area, they have painted some nasty pics. eg: people taking drugs (with a social message though) and Late Mr/Ms Jackson.

Nevertheless, a very good idea.

Regards,
Old 15th April 2010, 14:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

Lovely concept and very well executed.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:27   #8
BHPian

Super start Deepak.
My favorite paintings are on the the Mekhri Circle flyover.

@ Spitfire. I believe this was the initiative of the BBMP under Mr. Bharat Lal Meena.

BBMP Wall Paintings

Was really nice of you to give those guys some company. What are they like. I am always curious to know where they are from and what would they do when all this painting is over.

I'd love to add to this thread with some of the pictures i took.

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc04498.jpg

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc04499.jpg

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc04502.jpg

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc04503.jpg

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc04504.jpg

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc04507.jpg

Bengaluru Wallpaintings - Errr Paintings on Subways, Flyover Pillars-dsc04508.jpg
Old 15th April 2010, 14:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I have heard, somewhere in Banshankari/Padmanam nagar area, they have painted some nasty pics. eg: people taking drugs (with a social message though) and Late Mr/Ms Jackson.

Nevertheless, a very good idea.

Regards,
It is right opposite to Devegowda Petrol Pump. Its not nasty as such.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:39   #10
BHPian

These kind of paintings have been done in Chennai too..
It is to discourage wall posters being pasted by cheap marketeers and politicians.

Towards beautiful Chennai - Behindindia.com - Wall Painting, Kamaraj Salai, Anna Salai

There is a subway in Nelson Manickam road, Chennai which has murals done using small tiles and that looks really neat.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:43   #11
BHPian

Wonderful initiative by BBMP, wonder how they managed to pull resources for these, must cost them a bomb for sure. However, the quality of paintings on the KRPura flyover leaves a lot to be desired.

I hope (and pray), the political parties keep away from these beautifully done walls.

Edit: Thanks for the post Daewood, I could recollect seeing some in singara chennai.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

Its not only about Bangalore/Mysore/Karnataka pictures, they have pictures from all over the india. I have seen Ajanta/Ellora caves pictures somewhere, i do not remember the place where they have painted.

But a very nice concept
Old 15th April 2010, 15:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

I have clicked a whole lot of these pictures from namma bengaluru and absolutely love the idea. Whoever brought this up with the govt. nitwits did a wonderful job.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:42   #14
BHPian

Near Mount carmels in Vasantnagar

My Favourite:
There are 4 pillars supporting a railway bridge and they have painted these circular pillars like the pillars of Mysore palace.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:03   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornin70s View Post
@ Spitfire. I believe this was the initiative of the BBMP under Mr. Bharat Lal Meena.
Oh awesome. Three Cheers for him. May he have a long term in office.

Quote:
Was really nice of you to give those guys some company. What are they like. I am always curious to know where they are from and what would they do when all this painting is over.
It was lot of fun. They enjoyed the attention I was giving them. It was really hot though. Watching them paint getting the right colours and painting in a coordinated way was very pleasing. I didnt disturb them much though.

They had the pictures in square blocks printed on a sheet and the equal number of blocks on the surface to be painted. Starting from the rightmost lowermost corner and then completing that column and then starting from the base again.

The couple of guys I spoke to came from rural Karnataka, one of them i remeber said he paints posters and movie banners in his village and they are in the city on daily wage. I think they will go back to their lives after they are done.

We had some softdrinks, some aloo bun and tea. It was time very well spend.

Next time you see them work please drop a word of appreciation. I think they will treasure the words more then the money they make.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks