Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 08:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Standard Chartered delaying the return of Home documents on loan completion

I had taken a home loan from Stanchart way back in 2005 and managed to clear the loan last month. The last EMI was paid on 18th April. Since then I have written two applications to Stanchart - one to close the loan account and the second to handover the original home documents which is in their custody. I have trying to get a date and time for the documents pick up but Stanchart it seems is not bothered at all. Everytime I call their customer care I get the same reply that they are yet to receive an intimation from their Chennai office. I even visited a Stanchart branch at Thane and requested the staff there to expedite the handover but nothing seems working.
What do I do in this case? How do I get my home documents back from Stanchart?
Old 11th May 2010, 09:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Everytime I call their customer care I get the same reply that they are yet to receive an intimation from their Chennai office.
The best way to handle these guys is DOCUMENTS.

Just send the letter in a registered post (do not send in courier) with acknowledgment and see the reaction.

Make sure you keep sending any discussions through the registered post and they should definitely revert back. Do not encourage any discussion except the information to collect the documents on phone

Good luck...
Old 11th May 2010, 11:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

And just in case you were paying EMIs through ECS, please ensure that StanC doesn't continue debiting EMIs from your account. Transfer money to some other account.
Old 11th May 2010, 13:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

I again had a word with Stanchart customer care and was told that my application was untraceable as it has not reached the loan clearance unit in Chennai. I was like zapped. I was given a fax no to which I was asked to fax the acknowlegement copy for the application submitted. Unfortunately I dont have the copy with me at office, will have to fax it tommorrow.
I am tearing my hair in frustration.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:31   #5
BHPian

Why don't you write to the Head - Customer Care at SCB and narrate the story? I had a couple of unpleasant experiences with the bank and had to reach the CC head for a resolution. The response was immediate and the resolution too.

Address as follows:

Balu Jayaraman
Head – Customer Care,
Standard Chartered Bank,
Customer Care Unit,
19, Rajaji Salai,
Chennai 600 001

Email Address is: head.service@sc.com
Dont forget to copy in to customer.care@sc.com as well

I got these details from here : http://www.standardchartered.co.in/p...omplaints.html

Last edited by menonrajesh : 11th May 2010 at 17:34. Reason: Formatting
Old 12th May 2010, 08:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

I just did that late yesterday evening, wrote to Mr Jayaram as well as customer care e-mail ids & waiting for an answer. Also sent an SMS to the 24 hr mobile 9980033333. Got a call from them and explained to them the situtaion. Again the same response "We will get back to you". I am getting a phobia of the those words.
I will be faxing the acknowledgements for the applications made to the bank to the fax number given by them. Lets see what response I get from them.
Old 12th May 2010, 09:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Get hold of a senior guy's mobile number and start calling him all the time till you get your documents back.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:39   #8
Team-BHP Support

The whole should get over within a month. I had a personal loan with ICICI and did a fore closure. In three weeks I got a No-Dues Certificate. I thought that was professional. In between those three weeks I also got an SMS saying, all my dues were cleared.

Now that is with respect to personal loans. I guess home loans should be almost the same. When I asked them about the procedure, I was told that it would be the same. Once the documents arrive, the primary owner needs to go to their office with ID proof and collect the documents.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

I was talking to GIC Housing Finance yesterday in Bangalore. They said within 1 week of the clearance of the last EMI cheque they will keep the documents ready for handing back to the borrower. And GIC is not even headquartered in Bangalore, look at how efficient they are. Shows what is the quality of service of the foreign banks in this country.
Old 20th May 2010, 07:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

After waiting for many days and repeated communications with Standard Chartered I was finally handed over the home documents yesterday. It was a sigh of relief - one for getting the loan cleared and secondly getting the documents from Stanchart. Collected the documents from Stanchart DN Road, Fort, Mumbai branch. The entire process took less than 15 mins. Thanks to BHPians who had put in their valuable suggestions
Mods - Please close the thread, Thanks for the help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks