Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 11:37   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Corporate E-mail writing tutor

I have often seen a lapse in the quality of Emails sent out from our office, mistakes such as typos, grammar, wordiness and paragraph formation are observed.

It often creates a bad impression for the company, hence I am looking to find a tutor than can train our staff to write EFFECTIVELY.

I do not wish to re-teach them English that they have already learnt at school, just give them guidelines on how to write precisely.

Does anyone have a agency/person in Mumbai that can do this training as a crash course? Perhaps a few sessions after office hours at our premise would do the trick.

Last edited by Sahil : 27th May 2010 at 11:38.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:26   #2
BHPian

Hi

I would be able to do it.
I have conducted such sessions at my organization.

But, I am based out of Bangalore.
So this would be a constraint, right?
Old 27th May 2010, 13:15   #3
BHPian

Hi Sahil,

I would be glad to help
Old 28th May 2010, 10:59   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sahil,

Neofromcapone is from Bombay so, hopefully, you guys connect & arrive at a solution. If not:

1. This is your man. Get in touch with Garry (give him my reference). Runs simply amazing corporate training / finishing schools / etiquette training workshops. Wider scope than just email training.

2. Get a professional TOEFL / IELTS tutor. Preferably one with training experience at the British Council / other Corporate houses (they do this kind of work).

3. You need to educate your employees on the importance of creating the right impression. Simple stuff like using the built-in spell checker (every email client has one now), avoiding SMS / Slang language, proof-reading one final time prior to sending etc.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Neo(Banglore)- Yes, we would require someone from Mumbai itself

Neo(Mumbai)- Please PM me your contact details

GTO- Thanks for the inputs. Garry seems to have an impressive list of courses. Have you used his services at your end? Hope the training is done at the client's office itself?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks