Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2005, 00:01   #16
BHPian

jokes apart.

guys please take proper precautions from epidemics. specially all those who have young children.

also - of ur vehicles! make sure u dont start the engines if ur vehicle was flooded with water.
Old 26th October 2005, 00:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
My son was vomiting and having dysentry whole of last night
man, this sucks. hope your son is ok. no clue how the present govt is going to handle the problems due to rain.
Old 26th October 2005, 00:20   #18

Better not take the car out if not sure of the route - lots of lakes overflowing around bangalore..
Saw quite a few cars stuck in water. Well worth avoiding the pains of repairs, insurance etc. if possible.
Old 26th October 2005, 08:21   #19
BHPian

Well bangalore is very bad after rain.
ther is no work done my gov.
i see only 1 cop trying to help people on husor road for that kind of traffic...

from last 2 days its taking more than 2 hours to reach my home
from E-city2 to Kormangala (12Km)...
Old 26th October 2005, 08:34   #20
Team-BHP Support

Took me 2 hours - 1 hour to diamond district, another hour to richmond circle of which 45 min was between Lifestyle and richmond circle - 3km
Old 26th October 2005, 08:37   #21
Team-BHP Support

Samurai, use only bottled water for drinking and cooking. We've no idea what's getting in water supply lines.

Ajmat, check out your travel route for holiday. It can be worse than you imagine.

Bangalore guys, it's not going to stop now. Atleast till Friday we'll go through this rain. Take care.
Old 26th October 2005, 09:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
guys please take proper precautions from epidemics.
Yeah am taking precautions... in the form of an evening flight to delhi out of bangalore!! Will be back next week. Hope things settle down till then!
Old 26th October 2005, 10:19   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Yeah am taking precautions... in the form of an evening flight to delhi out of bangalore!! Will be back next week. Hope things settle down till then!

You better start to the airport early
Old 26th October 2005, 10:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
You better start to the airport early
I am starting 3 hours before the flight.... which should be enough considering that i work close to airport road itself!! Heh... even if i get stuck in traffic i can always walk (rather swim) to the airport and make it on time!
Old 26th October 2005, 10:38   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I was planning to leave for my native town near Udupi on Friday for Diwali. Now I have preponed it to tomorrow (Thursday). It is going to be 400+ Kms of Baleno fun for the family, but I am not too sure how the roads are right now. Will be back only on 2nd, that too by flight. Hopefully Bangalore settles down by then.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:02   #26
Team-BHP Support

I did not bother to go to my outer ring road office - am working from an office off Cubbon road today. A lot of guys plan on working form home today

Last edited by ajmat : 26th October 2005 at 12:03.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:19   #27
BHPian

Today in team meeting, my manager gave away a spanking new 500ml kinley bottle for the higgest bid.
The bid... who took highest amount of time to reach home. higesht bid was won by a person who took 3hrs 45mins to reach home yesterday night!!!

Planning to leave bangalore on sat monring... earlier planned to take mysore-ooty road. Now guess will take the normal route back home, thru hosur road. Guys please keep updating on the condition of that road. Thanks.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:26   #28
BHPian

The rains have been a nightmare...I reached my college 3 hours late dripping wet. My low rises kept coming down because of the weight of the water...lucky the Govt. has announced a 2 day holiday for us students...
Anyone happened to go via Nyandahalli(those who havent heard of the place...its near banashankari 3rd stage...near PESIT)the garbage pile over there was washed off onto the road...and we had Maruti 800 floating and Atos being carried away by the rapids that were caused by the overflowing drains.
Old 26th October 2005, 13:24   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

I would like to wish everyone in Bangalore a speedy recovery from this terrible episode. We, in Mumbai can truly feel and appreciate what you are going through. Sorry you had to go through it too and if there is anything i can do to help... PM me
Old 26th October 2005, 13:33   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I would like to wish everyone in Bangalore a speedy recovery from this terrible episode. We, in Mumbai can truly feel and appreciate what you are going through. Sorry you had to go through it too and if there is anything i can do to help... PM me
hey sam do u remember about the conversation we had about flood- in flood-out at pizza hut..we could use some of that flood out for the moment..what say...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks