Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wearing a helmet and body suit is good. In a crash, atleast all pieces of you are in one place and not scattered all over the road..
Seriously speaking though, a 2 wheeler crash is almost invariably disabling or fatal. Slow speed crash causes ligament injuries and broken bones and high speed ones cause cervical spine injuries and compound injuries. There is no substitute for proper riding technique.
A 2-wheeler is a serious piece of equipment and not to be taken lightly.

But all said and done, there must be a gaurdian angel who protects drunkards and motorcyclists.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:32   #17
BHPian

so a car lover (only) once was not able to understand the idea behind wearing all the gear on a 150 / 250cc bike...when told if you want your body to hit the road / a protective layer to save you...no prize for guessing what he chose

Agree you love cars and dont think the same way you would for a bike..but safety is a common...aint it...its forms may differ but at the end thats what saves lifes.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:07   #18
BHPian

Another great experience today at an intersection. The green light is hardly visible and I crossed the intersection during the last few seconds and the signal changed to red. There was so much traffic on the road I was not able to get to the other side and the great traffic policeman gave a go-ahead for the other traffic and it was chaos. One person just slow-jams into me and starts shouting at me that it is green, red for you blah blah. I go around him when he kicks my bike with his leg while I was leaving. Why is there so much rage on the road?
Old 4th June 2010, 13:56   #19
BHPian

Its a combination of the summer, bad food and recession probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I go around him when he kicks my bike with his leg while I was leaving. Why is there so much rage on the road?
Old 4th June 2010, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Arent helmets compulsory (and you can invite fine/challan for not wearing) all over India? In Delhi nobody rides without one. Here is Bangalore it is a different story though. I have heard its mandatory only for the driver-rider! The pillion can sit without one (its not like that in Delhi where it is mandatory for both).

I have also heard that in Bangalore it is not mandatory to wear seat belts in cars! have seen many people not wearing them here (again different from Delhi where if you are cought without wearing seat belts you get a ticket!)
Old 4th June 2010, 15:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

If I remember correct, the helmet for pillion was made compulsory in delhi around the year 96/97. It has not been implemented in Bangalore.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Sorry about my ignorance - how does a leather jacket add to safety.
I always thought people wore it for style.

Anyone care to enlighten me?
Throughout the history, leather has been used as light armour against all kinds of sharp weapons. Only the advent of firearms stopped that practice. Most of us wear leather shoes too, for protecting our foot. Don't underestimate leather, it has the history of being protective clothing lot longer than any other material on earth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks